• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen News Discussion Thread [use the threads in forum for new things]

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
White Kyurem's pose and the White 2 logo are really awesome, I just can't stand the background.

Just noticed the cases for the games are red and blue in the new scans.
The cases are the normal Blackish gray color. Those red/blue cases were just outlines surrounding the box art.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Toshinobu MATSUMIYA, one of the Pokemon game planners in Gamefreak tweeted this:

"As for Pokemon Black 2 White 2, my understanding is many info will be revealed around 15 April. Hoping it will meet your high expectation."

Just like we all expected anyway. Coro Coro will be released April 14, apparently one day earlier than it usually is. Then we have Pokemon Smash on the 15th.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Oh that's cool GameFreak, it's only around 20+ days away, minus a couple days since info will be leaked sooner.

Man, that's just not cool that we have to wait that long. x]
Pokemon Smash will likely just echo the corocoro news, but they might have a video of any screenshots shown in CoroCor.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Man, that's just not cool that we have to wait that long. x]

Not cool? It's still better than having B2/W2 released in Japan in traditional Autumn. If that would be Autumn as usual, we would know NOTHING about those games at this time.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Not cool? It's still better than having B2/W2 released in Japan in traditional Autumn. If that would be Autumn as usual, we would know NOTHING about those games at this time.

I wasn't talking about the release date of the game, rather I meant the fact that GameFreak announced B2/W2 only to leave us hanging with no real information/screenshots until two/three months later. :P

I'm fine with the release dates, thrilled even because it's much sooner than previous releases.

blue

gucci
Years
Wow I really would have thought after knowing about these games for a month now we would have seen some footage, we've got Pokémon Smash but there's no indication that anything major will be revealed. It will most likely be next months CoroCoro and even then that's almost two months of waiting, ah well! It better be shocking... I've got high expectations for these games right now.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Wow I really would have thought after knowing about these games for a month now we would have seen some footage, we've got Pokémon Smash but there's no indication that anything major will be revealed. It will most likely be next months CoroCoro and even then that's almost two months of waiting, ah well! It better be shocking... I've got high expectations for these games right now.

Oh god don't say Shocking XD We'll get another Mewtwo Wifi Event!

IF ANYTHING is shown about the games in next Pokemon Smash, I wanna say it'll be more about the Kyurems of course, and MAYBE a little sneaky peaky at the game's Protagonists~

I mean the game is released in 3 months, 2 Months when April Coro Coro comes out, meaning that there should be some decent info coming in if not in April, then in May, this includes screenies of gameplay, Hints towards story, as well as info on what's the deal with Plasma (If they are the continuing baddies) /Kyurem. Seriously hoping for some Protagonist action.

Years
Oh god don't say Shocking XD We'll get another Mewtwo Wifi Event!

IF ANYTHING is shown about the games in next Pokemon Smash, I wanna say it'll be more about the Kyurems of course, and MAYBE a little sneaky peaky at the game's Protagonists~

I mean the game is released in 3 months, 2 Months when April Coro Coro comes out, meaning that there should be some decent info coming in if not in April, then in May, this includes screenies of gameplay, Hints towards story, as well as info on what's the deal with Plasma (If they are the continuing baddies) /Kyurem. Seriously hoping for some Protagonist action.

I can't wait to see the protagonists, maybe that's what Pokemon Smash! might reveal next or maybe the storyline.

Shinkirō

蜃気楼 // Mirage
Years
3 more weeks is quite some time to wait for substantial info. :x

GAMEFREAK Y U NO TELL US STUFF EARLY

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
3 weeks isnt really that long, but it seems SO far away because of the fact I'm just so eager for more news on the game.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Hopefully what Pokemon smash is going to reveal next time is going to be B2W2 related...
"During the preview for next week's Pokémon Smash episode, it was revealed that in the episode, there is to be an announcement. The contents of this announcement are not currently known but the wording states that this announcement is something completely new and obviously Pokémon related. We'll provide details as and when they come so keep checking back as we'll post whenever the information is announced" (Source Serebii)
That gives me the hope that it'll be some actual information on the games...if they even focus on the games that...

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Watch next weekend come along and we get to hear all about POKETU MONSUTA TRETTA.
Judging by the background shown for the announcement of the announcement, I doubt it'll be anything B2/W2 related. :(

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Watch next weekend come along and we get to hear all about POKETU MONSUTA TRETTA.
Judging by the background shown for the announcement of the announcement, I doubt it'll be anything B2/W2 related. :(

We still have nothing on Adventure Camp as well XD

blue

gucci
Years
Well if the first information is released in April via Coro Coro and there's two months until the games are released, there mustn't be all that much to cover... either that or they're going to chuck out a tonne of information between April and June.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
I guess all this anticipation is sort of a good thing. I remind you that these games are coming out in a mere three months in Japan, and about seven elsewhere. We'll have less time to wait, so I hope they won't reveal too much too fast. I'm thinking we'll get something before April.

Once I see some gameplay or pictures, I'm done. I played through White while having very little knowledge about the game and it made the experience so much more enjoyable.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Hopefully we will we see a rush of info in these next two months...for a sequel the really aren't putting much out there...I wonder if they're hiding something...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well lack of information, can be interpreted in many ways.

First, they are with holding info to build tension. Double Edged sword as fans start fantasizing wildly and when info is finally released they will either be impressed, passive, or depressed with the info.

Second, there isn't much to tell, which is worse case scenario for us. Not much to tell would mean that we are getting rehashed with an "Updated" story. I believe Platinum was pawned off as a "new story" when it was featured. Still this is worse case scenario and least likely within the minds of most fans.

Finally, Calm before the storm. Most hopeful scenario as of right now. I'm thinking we'll get two major game announcments. First in April on one or two of the key components of the games, and the second in May. Between them, four/five Pokemon Smash episodes to place extra filler of smaller features and release information.

As it is right now we have two major chances for any slight of information. April 14/15th and Next Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back