• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen News Discussion Thread [use the threads in forum for new things]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
I doubt the Pokemon Smash announcement has anything to do with B2/W2. If it did, I'm sure they probably would have just said next week they'll have B2/W2 information instead of hiding it.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
I imagine that's what they're trying to accomplish by holding off showing any information about the game until it's near release, but at the same time what difference does it make? It's up to the player whether or not they want to spoil game information, and it's not like coverage sites like Serebii wont be posting an abundance of information prior to it's release once Coronis or whomever gets their press copy a.k.a the ROM leak. :P

I agree that I don't want to know too much of the game so I can discover it while playing it for myself, but i'd at least like to get a basic plot summary and a couple of screenshots.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well lack of information, can be interpreted in many ways.

First, they are with holding info to build tension. Double Edged sword as fans start fantasizing wildly and when info is finally released they will either be impressed, passive, or depressed with the info.

Second, there isn't much to tell, which is worse case scenario for us. Not much to tell would mean that we are getting rehashed with an "Updated" story. I believe Platinum was pawned off as a "new story" when it was featured. Still this is worse case scenario and least likely within the minds of most fans.

Finally, Calm before the storm. Most hopeful scenario as of right now. I'm thinking we'll get two major game announcments. First in April on one or two of the key components of the games, and the second in May. Between them, four/five Pokemon Smash episodes to place extra filler of smaller features and release information.

As it is right now we have two major chances for any slight of information. April 14/15th and Next Saturday.
I fear that it might be the second...and B2W2 just end up being alternate versions of BW only with Kyurem's formes in it...
And yes Platinum was announced as a new story and I beleive Emerald was too...
I need some solid news to prove that it's a sequel...the doubt is annoying me...
Right Corocoro should have something...hopefully some backstory on the formes or some new characters.

blue

gucci
Years
Imagine if it was an April fools joke

Seriously though I really can't put my finger on what these games could be about, first they said a whole new adventure but going by what people are saying they also said that about Platinum and look how that turned out, not to mention the fact that they are leaving all the information until last minute which could mean there is not much to cover or just building suspense for a huge announcement... idk but I want to know something and soon.

AlolanMoonZPrincess

Alolan Moon Princess
Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017

Easier said than done. Even using something like YouTube, you're bound to run into spoilers at some point. It'd be easiest not to use the Internet, but...

... Who am I kidding? That won't happen. :laugh:

I found it very easy to avoid spoilers for BW. Even on YT. It had spoilers in the title. Or if it has BW info in the title you just don't look. Someone would have to be a real idiot to get spoiled tbh.

blue

gucci
Years
At the end of Pokémon Smash this was revealed:

New-Project-Announcement.jpg

So it's a new project announcement, it's probably already been discussed but nonetheless it looks and sounds interesting and I'm eager to find out what this is.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
I found it very easy to avoid spoilers for BW. Even on YT. It had spoilers in the title. Or if it has BW info in the title you just don't look. Someone would have to be a real idiot to get spoiled tbh.

So what, you're calling me an idiot? Ideas of what spoilers are vary from person to person. For me, something like seeing gameplay of a new city is a spoiler.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
I wonder what the announcement is.. hm. Definitely seems something anime/movie related rather than any type of game news. I don't think it's that Tretta thing, because didn't they JUST trademark that? The Smash episode that will air with the announcement would have been taped weeks ago, before Pokemon Tretta was trademarked.

Also, Gamefreak Pokemon game planner 'Matsumiya-san' tweeted this about Hoenn being in B2W2:
"As one of Pokemon fans, I feel that it's meaningless to go Housen region in B2W2, even exclude words "Ruby Sapphire" in B2W2 title."

Guess that kills the Hoenn rumors.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
At the end of Pokémon Smash this was revealed:

New-Project-Announcement.jpg

So it's a new project announcement, it's probably already been discussed but nonetheless it looks and sounds interesting and I'm eager to find out what this is.

My last post was deleted =C

Basically, I said its possibly movie related. All the Pokemon featured in the Background were in Movies (pointed out by Pokejungle). I also added they were the Center Characters of the movies (Except MAYBE Keldeo). So its most likely a Movie/Event related to a Movie.

It may not be anything to do with the Games at all though.

blue

gucci
Years
Maybe, I doubt it's anything B2W2 related considering there is no link in the title or logo etc but I would like to see something related to an event Pokémon as you said Keldeo.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
I'm starting to think these games are an April Fool's joke. :O

In all seriousness, we'll definitely get some information on the games before the midway point of April. Patience is a virtue.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
^ Are you talking about B2W2 or Tetra?
Maybe the news will be about Genesect, considering most of them are event pokemon and it is the only one that has yet to be released, maybe it'll have a special event in B2W2 like Arceus in HgSs.
Maybe they'll surprise us with some B2W2 news like they did last time.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Okay guys it's nice and all to see the movie image, but let's keep the News Discussion for the games B/W2. Also Tretta has nothing to do with this either.

Let's get back on topic.

blue

gucci
Years
^ Are you talking about B2W2 or Tetra?
Maybe the news will be about Genesect, considering most of them are event pokemon and it is the only one that has yet to be released, maybe it'll have a special event in B2W2 like Arceus in HgSs.
Maybe they'll surprise us with some B2W2 news like they did last time.

I think he's talking about B2W2.

I thought it could be Genesect but then I realised that they have only just revealed Keldeo & Meloetta who are in the upcoming 15th movie and unless genesect is secretly in that one then I doubt we'll see him till the 16th movie which will probably be late 2012 or early 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back