• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen News Discussion Thread [use the threads in forum for new things]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I think B2/W2 might be truly sequels because of mascots' colors exchange, that could mean N's Zekrom/Reshiram from original B/W will be involved in Kyurem's form change and that new form will be caught by player.

So maybe that's why they delay with showing screens because we would recognize new protagonists at first sight and they don't want to let it happen so early.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I think B2/W2 might be truly sequels because of mascots exchange, that could mean N's Zekrom/Reshiram will be involved in Kyurem's form change and that new form will be caught by player.

So maybe that's why they delay with showing screens because we would recognize new protagonists at first sight and they don't want to let it happen so early.

I think this theory actually makes sense when you think about it. Hmm... If everything is completely new, giving out information too early, in too much of a volume can just spoil a game.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think B2/W2 might be truly sequels because of mascots' colors exchange, that could mean N's Zekrom/Reshiram from original B/W will be involved in Kyurem's form change and that new form will be caught by player.

Since this is a different storyline from BW I guess that introducing new characters would spoil that the storyline is different...but it won't be that big of a spoiler that it'll take two weeks plus to delay info...hopefully it was simply Nobunaga getting in the way and from now on we'll get some solid info...
    Maybe the show will introduce the new character instead of Pokemon Tetra (crosses fingers)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Didn't they say that B2/W2 were gonna have completely new stories?

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • According to the translated scans from the most recent CoroCoro they are, but at the same time people are still unsure as this is somewhat similar to how they advertised previous titles such as Emerald and Platinum in the past.

I still think they're sequels, but we don't have much information to work with at the moment. We'll find out soon enough, though! :D

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    According to the translated scans from the most recent CoroCoro they are, but at the same time people are still unsure as this is somewhat similar to how they advertised previous titles such as Emerald and Platinum in the past.

If that's the case then it would just be like Black and White except with Black Kyurem/White Kyurem being the Dragon N wants instead of Reshiram/Zekrom.

Either than or N still wants Reshiram/Zekrom but Kyurem steps in somehow~

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • The whole Black and White Kyurem thing it's just them trying to be different from Platinum with Giratina's one alternate forme and earn more moola. Admittedly though, news has been really slow.

What do you think they'll tell us next?

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    別の色だと思ったか!?
    今度は「2」だ!前作とはまったく違う衝撃ストーリーと新機能がキミを待ってるぜ!

"You thought it was just a different colour?
    This time it is '2′, an utterly different story full of impact and new features are waiting for you!"

An all new story.

~ I know it's been seen already but these games just got a lot more interesting! Although it doesn't say new region so it could still be based in Unova.

Reposting because people seem to have missed this.

Okay so it looks like it'll be new, or at least newer than platinum.

new features

/new features/

utterly different stories

/UTTERLY DIFFERENT STORIES/

also it's not a new color.

yellow, crystal, emerald, and platinum were all new colors.

This is 2

also: have this

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Someone tweeted Masuda asking if this game will have two regions and if the pokemon available will be different this time. He tweeted back saying that the games will give a different feeling.

I know its not really news, but thought Id post it for the sake of it.

April 15th seems so far away still.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Apparently there is a big announcement on this weeks Pokémon Smash, this was posted by Giancarloparimango:

"I will be streaming TV Tokyo on Saturday and leaving it on for you guys to watch. I might not be there to commentate, but please make sure to attend so that you don't miss out on the big announcement!"

First I've heard but if he has sources I'll go with it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Aww I found his commenting funny during the announcement itself. I probably won't watch this stream though because it lags and is impossible to understand and I only got the news cause that dude was there and said what the TV show was actually saying lol.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • If he's referring to that image that was shown at during last weeks Pokemon Smash, I doubt it'll be anything B2/W2 related. :|
    If there's another thing indicating something's going to be revealed I may tune in though.

According to the summary it's just a bunch of Anime/Movie stuff, looking over the 15 years of Pokemon Movies/Anime.
    ポケモン!きみにきめた! / アニメ「ポケモン」15周年記念スペシャル、松本梨香さんが登場! / 15年間の映画情報 / 懐かしいポケモンたちがお祝いに!

Pokémon! I Choose You! / A Special Celebrating the 15th Anniversary of the 'Pokémon' anime, with an Appearance from Rica Matsumoto! / A Feature of 15 Years Worth of Movies / The Dearly Missed Pokémon Join the Celebration!

Since that image featured art that wasn't Sugimori's I believe it'll just all be anime related.
    You never know, though. They may surprise us with something B2/W2, or maybe even say that they might jump into some B2/W2 information in the next episode.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    It looks like we'll be getting B2/W2 news sooner than we expected!!

The official website says Pokemon Smash will bring the latest news about B2/W2 on their April 8th episode. It says "In addition, the latest news Lots of "Pokemon Black 2 White 2"!" https://www.pokemon.co.jp/anime/smash/

So I assume we'll see a preview on this weeks episode of Smash.

Even MORE news:

Black Kyurem/White Kyurem are BOTH Dragon/Ice.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B007KWRBR6/ref=nosim/bestgate-22
    https://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B007KWR1H6/ref=nosim/bestgate-22

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Wait I'm confused @ bottom two links, where do they explain dragon/ice? Either way, very disappointing. But yay for more info soon!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ooh right. I dunno what to think of that though, considering that part is specifically in English on a Japanese version of Amazon. They could just be making guesses? :x Don't mind me, just trying to shield my typing disappointment with skepticism. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Theres some even more news now, Japanese magazine Famitsu is hinting at a new Pokemon being revealed in its magazine next week. Of course, it could just be a new forme. But could whatever Pokemon Famitsu plans to reveal, be revealed on Pokemon Smash on Sunday? Could it be the announcement they are hyping up that seems to be anime/movie related?

I know that after Keldeo, there were 5 other Pokemon to be revealed for the movie which was revealed at some Pokemon convention which showed 5 unknown Poke Balls relating to the movie. We got the two Kyurem formes and Meloetta, thats three. I guess the 4th could be Meloetta's other forme, but what would the last be?

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Amazon Japan has posted imaghes of covers of two cases coming to Japan featuring Black Kyurem & White Kyurem. These cases confirm that the types retain Kyurem's Dragon/Ice type despite the massive changes. It also confirms the height and weight. Black Kyurem stands at 3.3m and 325kg while White Kyurem stands at 3.6m and 325kg. We'll bring more as it comes
    Incidentally, Famitsu is hinting about a new Pokémon being revealed next week. Japan often states new forms to be new Pokémon so this could be the reveal in Smash tomorrow
    Edit @ 09:57: Pokémon Smash has also announced it will be revealing a lot of Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 information during its episode due to air on April 8th

Finally! can't wait for 8th April!

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • I don't think it's ever taken this long for them to reveal information about a new game! Just show me one image and I'll be satisfied. :laugh:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • That's good news can't wait for this weeks Pokemon Smash to see the preview! so if the both Kyurem formes are Dragon/Ice, what is the need for the Red & Blue logo's? Still could represent the Electric & Fire but now we know that isn't their typing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back