• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen News Discussion Thread [use the threads in forum for new things]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Im thinking we'll actually get footage of the game, possibly the trailer, on the April 8th Smash episode. How far apart are trailers from release dates usually? It'll be about 2 months until its released by the time April 8th comes, so it seems fitting to release a trailer 2 months before.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    They're dragon/ice, I predicted it correctly. I guess next news could be about their abilities which I'd say will boost their electric/fire attacks.

I know that after Keldeo, there were 5 other Pokemon to be revealed for the movie which was revealed at some Pokemon convention which showed 5 unknown Poke Balls relating to the movie. We got the two Kyurem formes and Meloetta, thats three. I guess the 4th could be Meloetta's other forme, but what would the last be?

But maybe one of those unknown Poke Balls is for Keldeo? Anyway, have you got any source about that convention?

Last edited:

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I called it!
    Nah, i'm not gonna be THAT guy.

I'm so pumped that they're gonna show off a mess of B2/W2 information on next week's Poketu Monsuta Smashu. Here's to hoping for a mess of screenshots/footage.
    M-m-my body is ready.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Can't wait for more information!

Slightly disturbed about the "A new Pokemon to be revealed" thing. I can't imagine any other Pokemon getting a new form after Kyurem's were revealed...I'm kinda worried we will be getting a new Pokemon added to the game.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I'll tell you what, we sure as heck don't need another legendary if they actually do mean a whole new Pokemon.
    I think they'll reveal a new form (Perhaps Genesect into a vehicle i.e. Transformers?) but honestly I don't know who's going to be getting it.
    If I had to guess, it'd be Keldeo seeing as it's featured in the new movie, but at the same time that's just a guess.

Maybe since he's the "fourth musketeer" he'll get a more fitting form to that of the other three "musketeers."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    Can't wait for more information!

Slightly disturbed about the "A new Pokemon to be revealed" thing. I can't imagine any other Pokemon getting a new form after Kyurem's were revealed...I'm kinda worried we will be getting a new Pokemon added to the game.

It could be similar to Zorua and Zoroark being revealed for the movie before B/W were announced. I don't think they'll be adding more Pokemon to the game, and I'm not totally sure a brand new forme is coming, so it may be that they are adding a new Pokemon to the Kyurem movie or the movie after it. OR it could be the official reveal of Genescet. Maybe?

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Maybe it's a sneak peek for Gen 6. Like, say, a pokemon that won't be in B2W2, but will be in the movie. Like Togepi, Munchlax, etc.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Maybe it's a sneak peek for Gen 6. Like, say, a pokemon that won't be in B2W2, but will be in the movie. Like Togepi, Munchlax, etc.

Although it's a possibility and with GF's unpredictable moves I don't see that happening for another year, that would be a mystery pokemon until 2014 assuming that's when Gen 6 is released.

I'll tell you what, we sure as heck don't need another legendary if they actually do mean a whole new Pokemon.
    I think they'll reveal a new form (Perhaps Genesect into a vehicle i.e. Transformers?) but honestly I don't know who's going to be getting it.
    If I had to guess, it'd be Keldeo seeing as it's featured in the new movie, but at the same time that's just a guess.

Maybe since he's the "fourth musketeer" he'll get a more fitting form to that of the other three "musketeers."

I think we will get Genesect at the end of Gen V, releasing another legendary would be too cliché considering we've had Keledo & Meloetta, it's only two but that's enough for now.

Last edited:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Kyurem God Forme! Reshiram and Zekrom did come from it so it had both of them once, not just one or the other like its formes. Oh a musketeer forme for Keldeo, I sort of gave up on that but it really needs it. It looks all small and weak. Or Meoletta, have they revealed it? Or it other forme. :)

Years
  • I personally hope they reveal some ingame screenshots. It's been so long since the announcement and we still have no idea what the game will even look like ;___;

Game Freak are such teases. >:

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    But maybe one of those unknown Poke Balls is for Keldeo? Anyway, have you got any source about that convention?

Here:
    https://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/aou2012-report1-new-pokemon-prize.html

It's not for Keldeo as Keldeo was already revealed. So Im sure one will be Meloetta's other forme, and then who knows what the 5th is? I was wondering why people never spoke about it because I personally thought it was really interesting that theres another Pokemon to be in it that we don't know about. I don't see how Genesect would fit in, so I doubt its that.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I thought it was Saturday and I was waiting for the Pokémon Smash news, atleast it's still something to look forward too.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • @ Bluerang Oh right...They have yet to officially announce Meloetta's step forme...
    If it's not Meloetta I'm guessing new pokemon but that seems early...Lugia, Latias,Latios Munchlax and Zorua,Zoroark were each introduced in the last movies of the previous generation after the last games had or were about to be released..,(no remakes :( ?)
    Well I'm glad that hopes for news were fulfilled ^_^.
    I'm not all that surprised by Kyurem formes typings... only Shaymin, Arceus and Castform change typing with a forme change...I guess they wanted to keep those three special...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Again, late as this was posted earlier in the week but is this true?

"According to the Pokemon fan site Serebii, a big announcement was teased during this past week's episode. The announcement itself is allegedly not related to any of the previous announcements, making this world-exclusive reveal something entirely new, and not simply more information on the upcoming Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2. What more could The Pokemon Company possibly have up its sleeves?"

Assuming it's for this Pokémon Smash it should be an interesting episode regardless.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    @ Bluerang Oh right...They have yet to officially announce Meloetta's step forme...
    If it's not Meloetta I'm guessing new pokemon but that seems early...Lugia, Latias,Latios Munchlax and Zorua,Zoroark were each introduced in the last movies of the previous generation after the last games had or were about to be released..,(no remakes :( ?)
    Well I'm glad that hopes for news were fulfilled ^_^.
    I'm not all that surprised by Kyurem formes typings... only Shaymin, Arceus and Castform change typing with a forme change...I guess they wanted to keep those three special...

And Rotom, five forms, five different Type Combinations.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • And Rotom, five forms, five different Type Combinations.
    Forgot to count Rotom...then again they didn't change it's typings in Platinum so maybe they will change Kyurem's next generation too...

I'm hoping that the "new pokemon" is another Keldeo forme...hopefully Fire/Fighting to complete the five chinese elements Metal, Wood (grass), Earth (rock), Water, and Fire within the trio, plus fire would allow it to take down Kyurem's ice.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

Forgot to count Rotom...then again they didn't change it's typings in Platinum so maybe they will change Kyurem's next generation too...

I'm hoping that the "new pokemon" is another Keldeo forme...hopefully Fire/Fighting to complete the five chinese elements Metal, Wood (grass), Earth (rock), Water, and Fire within the trio, plus fire would allow it to take down Kyurem's ice.

Though, remember that rumored finding about Place holder for Kyurem? Keldeo wasn't listed in that list. It may have been because they weren't interested in Keldeo, but if it had place holder data, that would have come up in the first finding.

(Going off the assumption that it wasn't declared false info my other sites)

Only Kyurem supposedly had a Place holder in the code, so we got Kyurem's new forms already. If another Pokemon was to get a new form, as I just asked, why wasn't that posted with the rumored finding?

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I'm more excited for April 8th's episode of Pokemon Smash to be completely honest.. this might be Pokemon Tretta (i read somewhere that thats usually for books? I don't know honestly) but I think that April 8th we might finally see a trailer for the games.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • Perhaps today's — erm, well technically tomorrow's — episode of Pokémon Smash will be the true beginning of Black and White 2 information. I could see them revealing a few minor details and perhaps even some gameplay and/or screenshots, all the while announcing more will be coming next week. Crossing my fingers yet again.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • When is today's Pokemon Smash episode starting, and is anyone streaming it? (I heard Gian was on YT, but can someone confirm, please?)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back