• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    I started Major a while ago, might sit down and watch it soon if I feel like a baseball anime again. I always hear great things about Ippo save for the current manga chapters. Initial D is awesome, I really enjoyed the characters and the romance within the series. I don't really care for cars, but the races were cool.

Daiya no Ace was actually pretty cool too, though I fell behind around ep 30 due to school. Should probably finish that. Thinking back I'm pretty sure I got tired of the main character's personality. He's kinda annoying lol.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Yup, I agree, Daiya is decent. Lots of sports shows are, it is actually rare for me not to like one. Only two I really don't like are Dear Boys and Kuroko.

Years
  • Sports series are easily some of my favourites. Touch, Ippo, Giant Killing, Major, Joe, One Outs, Cross Game, Last Inning and I suppose Intial D counts as well, all great. Would like to finda a Touch or Ippo tier football manga one day, Giant Killing is good but still a long way off those two.

So I see Inazuma Eleven isn't on that list.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    The only thing I liked about what I saw from Inazuma was that one white hair guy with the fire tornado kick when he kicks the ball. That was cool. Though I don't watch football anime because I hate the sport. I don't really like sports anime aimed at children like Inazuma is either, I like more emotional and suspenseful series.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Don't think liking or disliking a sport in real life has anything to do with enjoying it in anime form. I agree that stuff aimed at really little kids is not too great, well, Ginga e Kickoff was pretty fun but it is a rare example. Regular shounen sports is where it's at.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Why are we having a "Best Sport Anime" contest?

*coughHaikyuuwinsformecough*

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • Sport anime will likely just annoy me. I only finished a couple and if teekyuu is your favorite you don't check out enough.
    I never knew touch was a sport anime though.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I'd call it a soft sport whereas something like Ippo or Major would be hard. It was far more focused on the lives and relationships of the characters than it was on actual sport. Most Adachi series are like that.

If a show is wall to wall shounen sports then it had best have a good sense of humour and well written action. Of all the popular sports anime the only one I really haven't liked is Kuroko.

Candy

Years
  • If a show is wall to wall shounen sports then it had best have a good sense of humour and well written action. Of all the popular sports anime the only one I really haven't liked is Kuroko.

Kuroko is still pretty enjoyable when you read the manga. Anime... eh, too much talking while the ball is in the air.

Another problem in Kuroko is that it focuses too much towards the generation of miracles and the other characters, despite getting a lot of spotlight as well, didn't stand out much.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Ehhh, Kuroko's not that good. It isn't too bad and is mostly enjoyable but...not really comparable to great sports anime like Slam Dunk and the like. My personal sports fave would be Hajime no Ippo, though. :D

You all, whoever hasn't seen this anime, should definitely watch it. It is freakin' fantastic. I just can't describe it in mere words. I love it. <3; Also, Vorg Zangief is love.

Candy

Years
  • You all, whoever hasn't seen this anime, should definitely watch it. It is freakin' fantastic. I just can't describe it in mere words. I love it. <3; Also, Vorg Zangief is love.

Too bad I'm not into boxing... and it's a thousand-chapter manga as well.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Why do you think you would have to be into a sport to enjoy an anime? I find baseball immensely boring in real life but the anime are some of my favourites.

Candy

Years
  • Why do you think you would have to be into a sport to enjoy an anime? I find baseball immensely boring in real life but the anime are some of my favourites.

It's not really like that. I mean, I myself don't enjoy Volley, Tennis or Soccer/Football that much. Especially on Soccer/Football. Everyone that I know either watches or plays that sport, but I'm not a huge fan of it. But I do enjoy watching soccer anime back at my childhood (y'know, the ones aimed for kids? And some others of course).

Probably the only two sports I'm into are Badminton and Swimming. :/

It's probably just... I just feel like the sport's not that interesting to me, like how I tend to avoid the mecha genre since I don't find myself fancy about it. :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back