• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official RSFrLgE MoveSet and EVs Help Topic V1.0

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Official RSFrLgE MoveSet and EVs Help Topic V2

since the last one got messed up, the good posts have been merged here

Snorlax (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 160 HP / 96 Def / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Curse
    - Rest/Earthquake
    - Return
    - Shadow Ball/Earthquake

SpDef curselax, an emulation of the GSC curselax in the fact that it needs to curse a few times to do any real damage. You can move some of the SpDef or Def into Attack for a more RS'ish version. Eq is for Rocks, and Steels
    and shadow ball for gengar and misdreavus. In this world of steroided CB'ers a poor laxen can get any sleep, so hit everything hard instead. You may want a secondary special sponge if you decide to go rest-less.

Snorlax (F) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 204 HP / 116 Atk / 12 Spd / 176 SDef
    - Body Slam/return
    - Rest
    - Earthquake
    - Shadow Ball

it has enough speed to beat base 130 pokes after they are paralyed, body slam for paralysis over power, though you could use the extra power of return
    since he has no source for attack boostage. Works really well as a curselax bluff. You can kill many a gengar if you use earthquake earlier in the match, and if you opponent suspects curse,BS/Return,eq,rest you can K.O. their gengar who is really a threat to any team.

Snorlax (F) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 204 HP / 164 Atk / 140 SDef
    - Focus Punch
    - Return
    - Substitute
    - Shadow Ball

Neat set in which snorlax abuses sub and leftover recovery to piss your opponent off. Subpunch and return are fairly self explanitory and shadow ball is to hit the outliars. Whats cool is that no type is hit NVE by ghost+fighting attacks. The main strategy to use this thing is to send it into a bulky water or something special based that doesn't have set up and to use sub. Proceed to destroy what ever is in your path while, your sub with stands many special assults. Some people like less attack and more SpDef.

EDIT: For you team, you should add a milotic and a steel type of your choice
    make sure milotic has light screen

Last edited:

leafgreen386

Custom User Title. Wow.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2006
    With 160 EVs in each HP and Def CBgross's MM is a 3HKO after 1 Curse. Be wary of a sandstorm though if you use those EVs. In the case that you might get stuck Curselax vs. Curselax you can also add a few EVs in Spd (notice the emphasis on 'few'). Figured I'd add that.

Last edited:

NZ-1337

Elite Trainer
    Years
  • Regice @ Leftovers
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 208 HP / 64 Def / 20 Spd / 216 SAtk
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Psych Up/Thunder Wave
    - Rest
    - Thunderbolt

EVS: Depend on what you want. Do you want an even tougher Special Sponge or do you want a sturdy hard hitting Bolt Beamer? 208hp evs at the least, the rest can go in either SpAtk or SpDef.

Opionion: One of my favourite Pokemon to use. Psych-Up dangerous Pokemon like Suicune, Raikou, Jirachi, Celebi etc to gain all their Calm Mind's. Then proceed to take them out with the attack of your choice. Rest is there to cover any damage you may have taken. Regice can take alot of special hits so dont be afraid to send him out against hard hitting special sweepers like Zapdos.

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    See below*
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Substitute/Taunt

Opinion: The god of all physical sweepers. 404hp means it can stand two Seismic Tosses with each sub. Send it in against a Pokemon weak to it (Blissey for example) Substitute and then start Dragon Dancing up. After two DragonDances you are almost unstoppable. This guy is a serious threat to any team.

if you use sub EVs:

EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 60 Def / 172 Spd / 8 SDef

if you use Taunt EVs:

EVs: 48 HP / 168 Atk / 60 Def / 172 Spd / 60 SDef

Last edited by a moderator:

leafgreen386

Custom User Title. Wow.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2006
    NZ-1337 said:
    Regice @ Leftovers
    Trait: Clear Body
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk) or Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Psych Up
    - Rest
    - Thunderbolt

EVS: Depend on what you want. Do you want an even tougher Special Sponge or do you want a sturdy hard hitting Bolt Beamer? 208hp evs at the least, the rest can go in either SpAtk or SpDef.

Opionion: One of my favourite Pokemon to use. Psych-Up dangerous Pokemon like Suicune, Raikou, Jirachi, Celebi etc to gain all their Calm Mind's. Then proceed to take them out with the attack of your choice. Rest is there to cover any damage you may have taken. Regice can take alot of special hits so dont be afraid to send him out against hard hitting special sweepers like Zapdos.

EVs: 252 HP / 90 Atk / 168 Spd
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Substitute

Opinion: The god of all physical sweepers. 404hp means it can stand two Seismic Tosses with each sub. Send it in against a Pokemon weak to it (Blissey for example) Substitute and then start Dragon Dancing up. After two DragonDances you are almost unstoppable. This guy is a serious threat to any team.
    What? No Boah? You also make no mention of Taunt on DDTar.

The Regice can be very arguable as to what proper EVs would be. For example, there are people who would prefer to have only 140 EVs in HP with it. I know a lot of people who like to boost its Def, as well, and those same people put EVs in both SAtk and SDef. A spread I devised for it, for example, is 140 HP / 176 Def / 116 SAtk / 76 SDef with Calm. You'll find some spreads with near max SDef, or higher or lower Def (even Bold sometimes). You'll find that 204 HP, or you might find only 76 HP. You'll find some with next to no SAtk. The point is although you acknowledge that its spreads vary, you can't give it just one HP value to use, which is wrong, btw, as it only needs 204 to get max Leftovers recovery.

Last edited:

NZ-1337

Elite Trainer
    Years
  • Fine ill do a Boah one if you want it so badly.

EVs: 252 HP / 70 Spd / 188 SAtk
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Crunch
    - Thunderbolt
    - Focus Punch
    - Substitute

Opionion: Probably the best Skarm/Bliss counter out there. Send it out against Skarm/Blissey and Substitute. Then use Thunderbolt/Crunch/Focus Punch to damage the opposing pokemon. It has 101 hp Subs so you can stand two Seismic Tosses. Watch out for ThunderWave on the way in. Credit to Jumpman16 and chaos for this set.

BTW with the Regice I didnt give it exact EV's because I wanted people to be a bit creative and not just copy my EVS.I used 208hp EV's so I could survive 1 more Toxic/LeechSeed. But 204+ is the HP Ev's I would highly recommend. I see no need for defence ev's btw as your going to use other Pokemon to take Physical Hits, and Regice has decent defence without defence evs. Besides HP Will help both defences so why not put more in that???

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    edited the regice set and the DDtar one a bit

leafgreen386

Custom User Title. Wow.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2006
    Now I didn't say that.

Fine ill do a Boah one if you want it so badly.
    I was just asking why you didn't include both variations of Tyranitar, that's all.

Last edited:

Insanity Mawile

OGMWTFBBQTEHSTFU!!!!!!!!1
    Years
  • Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 46 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Aromatherapy
    - Ice Beam
    - Softboiled
    - Seismic Toss

This is the one I like.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    I believe that is up there except you need 270 SpAtk to OHKO dugtrio, so thats what is up there, also new set added for Blissey due to NYPC moves being incorporated in NB

leafgreen386

Custom User Title. Wow.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2006
    Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Aromatherapy
    - Thunder Wave
    - Softboiled
    - Seismic Toss

Comments:
    Ruined by Boah and McGar and other various sub-punchers this set effectively slows down and guaranteed damage. It can also heal its self at will. Dugtrio and other ground types give it problems also
    Um... right. This is what I was saying. Some people like to use IB as a Gengar counter and only a Gengar counter. They don't care as much about Dugtrio as it isn't exactly as OU as Gengar is. Why don't you just put IB as an option over T-Wave on this set and be done with it?

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    since, you don't have netbattle I won't blame you for it but, dugtrio is on every single ****ing team now day, its quite annoying

CardsOfTheHeart

We fight with our heart!
    Years
  • hey guys, is this a good heracross?

Heracross (M) @ Salac
    Ability: Swarm
    EVs: 20 Hp / 252 Atk / 236 Spd
    Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
    Megahorn
    Rock Slide
    Endure
    Reversal

two things:
    1. i gave it 265 speed so when salac kicks in it'll outrun the base 130s and anyone else trying to outrun the base 130s.
    2. i'm not a big fan of swords dance instead of rock slide in this set. i don't want to pump up my Atk only for it to be hazed away, later.

leafgreen386

Custom User Title. Wow.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2006
    husk1442 said:
    since, you don't have netbattle I won't blame you for it but, dugtrio is on every single ****ing team now day, its quite annoying
    What server do you play on? I hardly see any. And for the record, I do have NB, as of 9.5's release.

The Heracross is good. But watch for TTar. You may want a poke of your own (ie.Exeggutor) that can alter the weather so after you deal with TTar you can use Hera safely.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2008
    Could someone help with my Blaziken Moveset and EVs(Emerald) Thanks!

Blaziken---Timid Nature(Could it be replaced?)
    Speed:255 EVs
    -->(What other stats should EVs go into?)

Moveset:
    Flamethrower
    Rock Slide/Earthquake
    Sky Uppercut/Brick Break
    Thunderpunch???

Thanks for your help, guys! =)

Years
  • ex_milotic said:
    Could someone help with my Blaziken Moveset and EVs(Emerald) Thanks!

Blaziken---Timid Nature(Could it be replaced?)
    Speed:255 EVs
    -->(What other stats should EVs go into?)

Moveset:
    Flamethrower
    Rock Slide/Earthquake
    Sky Uppercut/Brick Break
    Thunderpunch???

Thanks for your help, guys! =)

Blaziken@Salac
    Hasty(-Defense,+Speed) or Naughty(+ Attack,-Sp.Defense)
    EV's: Attack-252,Speed-126,Sp.Attack-126
    Overheat
    Substitute/Endure
    Reversal/Focus Punch
    Rock Slide

just like charizard,any real decent attack can knock it out,so endure reversal works,till a quick attacker comes out,and timid is not good for blaziken,considering that it is a physical attacker,and you can get rid of Overheat for sword dance and make it jolly or adamant to support that.

Last edited:

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
  • Blaziken@Salac
    Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    Rock Slide
    Reversal
    Endure
    252 ATK, 200 SPD, 58 SA
    You can alter SA and SPD somewhat. This seems to work effectively, at least on Smogon. Endure a strong attack, Salac activates, and Reversal everything to death. Fire counters Skarm, and Rock Slide kills Sala/Zard/anything else flying because Reversal is ineffective against them.

Also I need a Flareon moveset. I looked at its base stats and determined that i wanted a phy sweeper, so I came up with this:
    Flare@Salac
    F/Thrower
    Shadow Ball
    HP Fight
    Endure

This is an effective(and unexpected)Blissey Counter. Blissey's most common attack move is SToss, so this is effective because I know exactly when to endure. HP Fight is very effective with 252 ATK EVs because then Flare's ATK is 394. Evs go similar to my Blaziken's.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • >>Qwilfish
    I'll be going offtopic, but Quilfish is a good UU Pokemon... at least when used in lv.50 matches. Not sure for lv.100, but here goes.

- Raindance
    - Destiny Bond
    - Spikes
    - "something"

EV's in speed and HP.

- Basically, it's a use and discard Pokemon. Activate Swiftswim with Raindance, then use different moves depending on it's leftover HP. Destiny Bond when it's dying, or scatter Spikes until it's nearly dead.

"Something" should be switched according to your preference.

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    On Dunsparce i used Ancientpower over rockslide after seeing that log of BLueshirt32 vs. Tigoro

Shadow Tyranitar

never to be purified
    Years
  • The problem is is that after you Endure, you'll be at 1 HP, and it takes a lot more than HP Fight to KO Bliss. I suppose it would work if you weaken it down with HP Fight while it STosses you.

That Blaziken set actually has potential to sweep entire teams, but Tyranitars are so common that it is almost worthless in today's metagame.

Back