• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Wi-Fi Summer League Discussion Thread

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
  • Name: ~KiTsUnE (In-Game: Momoko)
    Time Zone: US EST
    Friend Code: 0817-1090-5161 (Note: My FC Will change sometime next month, as I will be getting a Nintendo DS Lite)

Watch out, PokéCommunity! I am going to be the next champion!

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Sign me up please

:)

FC in sig etc

Time zone is US Eastern Atlantic (GMT-5)

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2008
    So I'll be leaving for Georgia in a week, so from the days of June 27th to July 4th (the end date may vary)
    I will not have Wi-Fi, though I will have internet access so I will be posting here, just unable to battle. If you want to battle me, I guess you'll just have to wait. I know I will.

Years
  • Yeah I better inform you guys that I will be recording some battles too. Of course if you'd prefer me not to then I will respect your wishes. The recording is more for my own personal benefit more than anything, so I can look back at my battles and see where I made mistakes or where a different Pokemon here and there would have been better etc.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Alright, as long as you get in six battles by July 21st, I don't care. And tomorrow morning I'll be posting the groupings.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    Name: paperfunk (duh)
    FC: in sig (1246-6263-2536)
    Time zone: ummm, the one with iowa and missouri, central US time.

im not able to battle on sundays, though. every other day is fine.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I might as well sign up for this just for the heck of it:

Name: Smartie (assuming it's the in-game name you want here)
    FC: 4811 7803 8837
    Time zone: GMT +2

Just Darth

Dude.....LIke Totally Dude....
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2011
    Oh God, Oh God, Oh God, I'm so excited about this.. It should start soon right and by soon the next 24 hours?

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    Well i think i want to be in this too.

Name: Deem my code is 4554 0863 1521
    Name: Kash brother code : 2750 1911 4848

(GTM-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    the only rules there should be is, no legendaries and no hacked pokemon. By the way how would you know if they're hacked? and what are the clauses? Does it me your not aloud to keep on putting things to sleep on raising up your evasive to max? If thats so thats dumb. The game is like that for a reason. You can counter everything.

Irregularities in damage.

Yes, that is exactly what they mean, because losing due to an opponent using Double Team and Hypnosis so much that for the one or two turns your Pokemon are actually awake your attacks are sure to miss is SO fair.[/sarcasm] And if you can counter "everything" then why ban Legendaries?

so is the first page going to be updated with brackets for when this starts??

The "brackets" Apostle mentioned are different from the ones you are most likely thinking of. Individual matches are up to us.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    Hypnosis has a high chance of missing, you can wake up from it fast, not many pokemon posess hypnosis, sleep powder, grasswhistle, most pokemon who uses those moves are slow also. My brother tries to use hypnosis and the amount of times he misses is crazy, its all luck. Even though he does keep on getting me i had xatu with early bird, and my pokemon would just wake up. You can try and waste your turns with double team, you will be getting damage if your using it the first couple of times, unless your lucky of course. Then again i have a move to negate or ignore all stat raises. There is no reason to not allow these things.
    Its a game of chance, if you want to take that chance go ahead. If your afraid of hypnosis or a sleeping move, give your thing a berry or All the other ways to prevent that (there are alot.)
    Like i said there is a way to counter everything.

There is even a way to counter legendaries. But overall we all know legendaries go overboundries with there stats. You shouldn't even have asked that question. Its like getting a pokemon with all stats good, there unbalanced thats why.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Hypnosis has a high chance of missing

So does Will-O-Wisp, but that does not exactly stop people from using it effectively.

not many pokemon posess hypnosis, sleep powder, grasswhistle, most pokemon who uses those moves are slow also.

Gengar.

Also, there are Pokemon with it and are bulky enough to risk being slow, such as Spiritomb.

My brother tries to use hypnosis and the amount of times he misses is crazy, its all luck. Even though he does keep on getting me i had xatu with early bird, and my pokemon would just wake up.

Your brother's luck, not other people's.

You can try and waste your turns with double team, you will be getting damage if your using it the first couple of times, unless your lucky of course. Then again i have a move to negate or ignore all stat raises.

Again, just you and not necessarily everyone else.

Its a game of chance, if you want to take that chance go ahead. If your afraid of hypnosis or a sleeping move, give your thing a berry or All the other ways to prevent that (there are alot.)

Or just make it a rule against putting more than one of your opponent's Pokemon to sleep.

But overall we all know legendaries go overboundries with there stats. You shouldn't even have asked that question. Its like getting a pokemon with all stats good, there unbalanced thats why.

Actually, you are dead wrong. Dead, dead wrong. Not all Legendaries are like that. Examples:

-Articuno (4x weakness to Stealth Rock and only so-so offensive stats)
    -Moltres (4x weakness to Stealth Rock and 2x weakness to Water)
    -Zapdos (Good stats for Special Sweeping, but pathetic movepool for such)
    -Entei (Low Special Defense and mediocre Physical Sweeping stats, but an incredibly limited movepool for such)
    -Raikou (low Defense and not a very spectacular movepool to take advantage of that Special Attack)
    -Registeel (Pathetic Speed and below-average offenses)

The list goes on.

I suggest you go take a look at what is Uber and what is not, because not all Legendaries are unbalanced. Some are even weaker than certain non-Legendaries.

...Aaand I'm done posting about that in this thread.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    hey man its a game of luck thats all. everyone has the same amount of chance.

This diamond/Pearl balanced itself better with all the items and stuff. So hypnosis and doubleteam wouldn't be cheat. Well i just rather a battle we're we can do whatever we want just no legendaries and hacked.

The point is it should be aloud.

lol i didn't have those legendaries in mind, but its better without the legendaries either way.

He should take off the other rule. This just takes away more strategy to the game.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • I find your whole logic so hypocritical. We should be able to use Double-Team and break the Sleep Clause because you think they're "able to be countered", but we can't use legendaries because you think they're cheap? You say everything is able to be countered, but no legendaries? Why fear legendaries if they have counters? I believe Ichaste has said what truely needs to be said, except that it is not a game of luck. This, surprisingly enough, is a game of skill that takes strategy. Also, the community works as a democracy. It has been widely decided throughout the competitive pokemon world that Double-Team is banned due to the fact that it takes no skill to set up and sucks the fun right out of the game. Same goes for the sleep clause. And please, for crying out loud tell the difference between "legendary" and "uber"!

And I'm sorry to have gone off-topic, Apostle ^^;
    So I believe you said this would start tomorrow, yesterday? Or am I mistaken?

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Okay guys, if you want to take this further then please take it to PMs. This thread should only be discussing the tournament and for entries to it, not for an in-depth debate about the clauses.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Okay guys, if you want to take this further then please take it to PMs. This thread should only be discussing the tournament and for entries to it, not for an in-depth debate about the clauses.

Already have. And, speaking of the tournament...

So I believe you said this would start tomorrow, yesterday? Or am I mistaken?

Yes, he did, which means it should have started this morning...

He's late! :O

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008

Anyways if im gunna play in it, what time does it start.

Last edited:
    Back