• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • Like it belonged to a Native American that one of my great great whatever greats grandparents and has been passed down to me. Hand carved. The wood slats fall out so easily and it's annoying. And it creaks. A lot.

Edit: i don't know how old it is. its at least 150 years old.

Years
  • I would never be able to live in an old house. Would get scared so easily and probably never fall asleep. At my grandparent's beach house, every time I hear an unorthodox noise at night, which is often because it's an ancient building, I sit straight up and stay alert for at least a minute. Wish I wasn't like this, but can't help it :[

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • My mom now lives in the house that my great great grandfather grew up and died in when I was 4. She tried to get me to live with her. I stayed there one night and there was all kinds of noises and some supernatural ♥♥♥♥. Not messing with that.

Sir Codin

Could just be your imagination. I've slept in the same house my grandfather died in just fine, no issues.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • On the vein of mattresses, the memory foam that I've been using in my cousin's spare bedroom is ♥♥♥♥ing heavenly.

Ah, haunted houses and supernatural cockamamie... I won't get into that because it's hit or miss with me and I can't describe my feelings towards it lol

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I love my memory foam pillow but I don't know how I'd feel having that on my entire body. I feel like I'd just sink into it and never come out again.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I don't like all these special space mattresses. I prefer the good old springs. They give you more bounce for the sexy time and they're more comfortable. And I had a memory foam pillow once, I used it solely for pillow fights and then I got kicked out of the pillow-fight club because it knocked out someones tooth.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I don't know what my bed's made of, but its not springs or memory foam. Considering it's a futon mattress I'd imagine just fluff. :P

It's fine for what it is, I mean I sleep on it, you know? It doesn't have to be some gilded marble gift from the gods. :p

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I don't know what my bed's made of, but its not springs or memory foam. Considering it's a futon mattress I'd imagine just fluff. :P

It's fine for what it is, I mean I sleep on it, you know? It doesn't have to be some gilded marble gift from the gods. :p
    in fact I think marble would be quite uncomfortable to sleep on

Years
  • One time my mom bought me a new pillow, and I literally couldn't get a wink of sleep with it, even though I was so exhausted. Finally, I gave up and switched it out for my old pillow - fell asleep in an instant. Not a big fan of change when it comes to things like that I guess, haha. Or maybe I'm just really picky about pillows. owo

Sir Codin

I'm not too picky about pillows. As long as one is long enough to act as a body pillow, that's good enough for me. I hate pillows with feathers in them, though, they poke through to annoy you and the fabric is generally just itch-inducing.

Years
  • Sometimes when i'm sleeping, if the pillow on my bed starts to get warm, I flip over to the other side of it and see if it's any colder, often it is. My comforter is pretty worn and torn, though. =(

Gizmo-Dude17

"Sorry, don't mind me."
    Years
  • I'm just going to jump into this conversation, lol. Personally, it takes me like, forever to sleep. My pillow is either too cold, or too hot, or something. I guess I'm just a picky sleeper. Sometimes I'll even just want to sleep flat, no pillow.
    As for covers I think I always have to just have one, or just about anything to cover my self with.

P.s.
    Also, I always have to have the fan on, even if I'm freesing cold, and sneezing I have to have it on. It's just somthing I love to sleep with.
    (Especially with the contridiction of covers)

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    I have to have a fan on me at all times, too. It's a habit I picked up just this past year. My bed and pillows have always been the most uncomfortable things in the world to me, too. This is primarily because my parents don't believe in buying something new until the old one is ready to crumble into dust. I'll often fold my pillow in half to elevate my head enough to get to sleep.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Usually, I go to bed only when I'm absolutely sure that I'm feeling tired. Due to that, I don't really have much of a tough time falling asleep.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I wish I could do that, and sleep long hours. I was running off a couple hours yesterday, still stayed up until 5am and still only got five more hours. It's the summertime, why am I not sleeping longer?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back