• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Parts and features you like to see in the final version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
Years
  • More specifically an European Union law. They could do it in the United States but, it would be harder for Game Freak to do that because more then likely the US version is the bases of the UK version

No, they can't do in the United States because it depends on the states law on whether or not they allow slots.

Some states allow slots. Some states don't. So instead of making a different game for every US state, it is so much easier to just take out slots.

I hope they add migration patterns of Pokemon. Which seem plausible now that they have seasons. :)

Lickeh Lickeh

Lickilicky lover
    Years
  • One more nag, please bring back the old contests. I know they're not very important but the Hoen contests were really fun, the Sinnoh contests were not fun at all. They tried to hard to make use of the touch screen.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • Here's one:

After you release your Pokemon, the roam the near-by routes. You should have a 1% chance of finding them, if you do, they will run unless you use Mean Look or something.

I would love that. Always wondered what happened to them after they were released. Is "released" just a nice way to say "shot" like how when a little kid's pet dies you tell them it went to a farm?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I like that idea. Especially if the pokémon grow a bond to you if you've kept and trained them long enough. Maybe they would run away so that would give you the hint that it's been a pokémon you released. With difficulty though; since we wouldn't be able to tell until it runs away leaving us to have to wait another time and maybe think it was still a different pokémon. So I don't know how that would work out. D;

The Red Chain

I like that idea. Especially if the pokémon grow a bond to you if you've kept and trained them long enough. Maybe they would run away so that would give you the hint that it's been a pokémon you released. With difficulty though; since we wouldn't be able to tell until it runs away leaving us to have to wait another time and maybe think it was still a different pokémon. So I don't know how that would work out. D;
    That being the case the Pokemon could potentially have a nickname you gave them, and still keep it after being released. Or a Pokemon that never pops up in that area, such as Cyndaquil popping up in the wild when it's not supposed to. If it does appear in an area that it should, if it's trained and it can, it'll be evolved and there is a chance that Pokemon's evolution doesn't appear in that area. Such as releasing a Dragonite that appears in Dragon's Den when no Dragonite ever appear there.

Just other interesting ways to tell if it's yours that I thought I'd list.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    One more nag, please bring back the old contests. I know they're not very important but the Hoen contests were really fun, the Sinnoh contests were not fun at all. They tried to hard to make use of the touch screen.
    Emm... I'm afraid you'll have disappointment.... The new Contest will be called Musical Show and is strikingly similar to Sinnoh's :(

Here's one:

After you release your Pokemon, the roam the near-by routes. You should have a 1% chance of finding them, if you do, they will run unless you use Mean Look or something.

I would love that. Always wondered what happened to them after they were released. Is "released" just a nice way to say "shot" like how when a little kid's pet dies you tell them it went to a farm?
    Or they could be like roaming Legendaries Pokemon :P Roaming everywhere and the protagonist can see their location from the map... I used to think releasing = killing them :'(

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    That being the case the Pokemon could potentially have a nickname you gave them, and still keep it after being released. Or a Pokemon that never pops up in that area, such as Cyndaquil popping up in the wild when it's not supposed to. If it does appear in an area that it should, if it's trained and it can, it'll be evolved and there is a chance that Pokemon's evolution doesn't appear in that area. Such as releasing a Dragonite that appears in Dragon's Den when no Dragonite ever appear there.

Just other interesting ways to tell if it's yours that I thought I'd list.

Or maybe a "character unlock" sort of thing. If you release certain non-Isshuan Pokemon, there would be areas where members of the evolution chain would start appearing, perhaps even the one you released in the first place. That would be crazy awesome.

Years
  • No, they can't do in the United States because it depends on the states law on whether or not they allow slots.

Some states allow slots. Some states don't. So instead of making a different game for every US state, it is so much easier to just take out slots.

I hope they add migration patterns of Pokemon. Which seem plausible now that they have seasons. :)
    I have not heard of any laws in the United States that deal with video game slot machines. Also any law would be declared unconstitutional for violating the First Amendment to the Constitution.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • I have not heard of any laws in the United States that deal with video game slot machines. Also any law would be declared unconstitutional for violating the First Amendment to the Constitution.

No it wouldn't. You don't understand anything about law apparently.

First of all, slot machines are gambling. And many states outlaw gambling. Any state that has any law against gambling, it will have to be enforced in every aspect. That includes games.

The reason why games are include is because of the reason gambling is outlawed. Gambling is outlawed in many places due to moral issues it can cause. People who banned gambling in real life due to that aren't going to take too kindly to gambling in a kids game.

Personally, I think it's stupid to ban gambling. The only real issues it causes are gambling addiction and if you truly are addicted to gambling you'll find a way to do it even if it's illegal.

The point is, that it's banned in every sense of it. That includes games. :/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    And we're starting to head a little off-topic here. Let's bring the discussion back to what you want in the games, not what won't be in the games due to laws. :)

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • Emm... I'm afraid you'll have disappointment.... The new Contest will be called Musical Show and is strikingly similar to Sinnoh's :(

Or they could be like roaming Legendaries Pokemon :P Roaming everywhere and the protagonist can see their location from the map... I used to think releasing = killing them :'(
    Well lets sya i released every pokemon on my PC, I think the map would have some size isshu ;) Ok and i also thought that K.Oed meant killed.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    shivamwazhere, as nice as that is, it isn't relating to the features you want to see in the game, so try to stay on-topic.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • I would also like to see wi-fi battles where you can team up with a friend and challenge another two friends to a double wi-fi battle :)

That would be GREAT! I tried to set up a battle like that for an hour before we figured out it was impossible. I hope they have multi battles for random match up too. And BTW the reason slots were out wasnt because gambling was banned, but because they didnt want to solicit gambling to kids through a video game. But I do hope slots do return... they should know that not every one of the worlds problems arises from kids playing video games. I also hope for more min-games. The ones they have are sorta fun, but get a little old. I hope they have a lot more... and maybe some season specific ones.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • That would be GREAT! I tried to set up a battle like that for an hour before we figured out it was impossible. I hope they have multi battles for random match up too. And BTW the reason slots were out wasnt because gambling was banned, but because they didnt want to solicit gambling to kids through a video game. But I do hope slots do return... they should know that not every one of the worlds problems arises from kids playing video games. I also hope for more min-games. The ones they have are sorta fun, but get a little old. I hope they have a lot more... and maybe some season specific ones.
    Yeah I hope so too :D!
    Well slots in the english versions were removed due to the programmers not wanting to make a different version of the versions for the Europe only so they decided to take it out of all English versions...

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • It would be cool if you could do more with npcs... like have them follow you and have multi battles (more than 5, like a lot of them), play mini games with them, and maybe even have your player date one XD that would be kinda fun, make you feel more involved in the pokemon world.

Years
  • I think trio types will be great :P and I also want new training methods just like MR and AS ;)

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2014
    I want to see a wifi matchmaking option. I'm tired of looking for people friend codes and crap. It shouldn't be that hard to create I mean XBOX, playstation, and PSP all do it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back