• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Passion Of Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
    Cartoon said:
    That's a good point, Teara =D Can I call you "sempai"? XD
    Uhhhh...yeah zure...Pzzt, what'z that mean 0.0~??

Hmm, well, I don't know about allienz. I'm zure we're mizzing zomething out there but I've never thought of them az our creator, I zuppoze it'z a poziblity though. I'm actually at a lozz of wordz right now though(think I uzed em all up) about the idea zince I've never herd it before 0.0''

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Teara said:
    Uhhhh...yeah zure...Pzzt, what'z that mean 0.0~??

Hmm, well, I don't know about allienz. I'm zure we're mizzing zomething out there but I've never thought of them az our creator, I zuppoze it'z a poziblity though. I'm actually at a lozz of wordz right now though(think I uzed em all up) about the idea zince I've never herd it before 0.0''

~Sempai - A Japanese word used to call people of higher class, a Japanese name of respect.

^^; The alien thing seems bogus, like I said, if they really did. They would probably want us as their slaves or sumthing, honestly. Or they'd kill us for going rotten ^^;

*dies*

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    i did not intent to hurt anyone...i meant it in no bad way, it was a misconception...all i am saying is that some perople, even wthnic groups are hindered by beliefs...i am assyrian which is located, or WAS located in the middle east in mesopitamia, but i am christian. now, for example at one point of time muslims were surpream lerners and held the most knowledge of the world...but look at them nowadaays..they have feastivals enforced by beleif to do things some think as absurd...(cutting themselves with macceties to sacrifice their wrong doings for allah, etc.)
    all i am saying is that theya re hindered, but mean it in no offensive way...

Years
    CaRtOON said:
    But there's always questions science can't answer. Such as, who created science then? And I don't believe science will destroy us, I believe we'll (us, people, ourselves) be the ones who shall lead ourselves to our ultimate downfall.

*dies*
    Who created god then?

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
    Cartoon said:
    ~Sempai - A Japanese word used to call people of higher class, a Japanese name of respect.

^^; The alien thing seems bogus, like I said, if they really did. They would probably want us as their slaves or sumthing, honestly. Or they'd kill us for going rotten ^^;
    Ohhhhh! Okay! ^_^

I dunno Wing Zero, technecly, we define allienz az beingz from another place, uzually a myzteriouz one, and izn't that zorta the caze with God? A being different from uz from a myzteriouz place...that'z my idea.

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    well all the archalogical findings von daniken has link man kinds creation to the aliens...
    also, what about this theory: we are all gods...just listen i know its bogus but wait it makes sense...many ask why god, the almighty creator and surpream being, kills perople, creates murderes, killers, and bad people...or diverse people for that matter...
    it is because he created us as a sort of probe, using us to fill his never ending hunger of what the world is like, he wants to experience things in different ways, i mean if you were a almighty being you cant say you would reamin suffice from the beginign to end without conflict...no i doubt you can...so since we are his prbes then we are a part of him, thus making us all gods in our own ways...

the alien theory is more probable...also just look at all cultures mithology of legendary men or people...have you ever noticed how they are reffered to as beings wiht supernatural abilities, apearnces, etc. anyways, if you dont belive ANY of this then, like i said, there are always the archeological finding to support it...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Aliens? No...I just don't see that as the case. Just hearing such a theory already labels it as very, very, improbable, and something that I, personally, do not believe.

I am a Christian, and I believe in divine creation. The thing is, I find that it's ok to not take some things literally in the Bible. Some things are only for God to fully understand...understanding the universe is beyond our grasp as mere humans, and I realize that. For one thing, I have no idea whether the world was created in six literal days or not...to quote from the Bible, to God "a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years is like a day" ... time is not an issue when one is immortal. I'm sure God could have allowed epochs and ages to pass and would consider it a "day", but it would be an age to us. I just believe all things were set into motion by God. Also, some elements of evolution and creation can blend perfectly. Microevolution: adaptive changes in a species: are quite evident. Just look at bacteria, they're able to mutate and fight off antibiotics. But I personally do not believe in macroevolution, or the gradual change of one species into another.

I don't understand the misconception that people see God as human, just like the rest of us. He isn't human, He is a separate being. Jesus, the human third of the Trinity, was, indeed, human, but through God was able to do what he did. He did a human death, he returned to heaven, and as God in heaven again he resurrected himself on earth. Jesus was indeed human while he was on earth. God has never been human.

Why has God ever done violence? He has only done violence when it has been necessary to do so if his church on earth is in absolute danger of being irradicated. Thus, the great flood, Soddom and Gommorah, etc. In those instances, the church was on the verge of destruction and God had the need to reassert himself. Long, long ago he was in communication with some choice followers in the continued effort for humans to safely establish the church so that they may spread their faith.

Who created God? There was no creation, as I said the ways of the universe are too mysterious for us to grasp. We know nothing of anything that goes on in our universe although we'd like to claim that we know everything. This is faith, the action of believing in something without seeing it.

This should answer anyones' questions, but let me say this: this is a topic about a movie, but it has spiraled down into a theological debate, which like all theological debates, cannot be resolved between opposing parties. I would very much like to continue talking about The Passion of the Christ, not this. This debate can only get worse and continue to divide us when we need not be divided.

Also, this topic is not meant to offend anyone of any religion, belief, or lack thereof. I have tried to be polite and explain things as I see them in a manner that, in a very basic sense, answers questions that have now arisen in this topic. I have the power to clarify things so it is only fitting that I exercise that power.

~Chairman Kaga

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    I dunno... I didn't pay much attention to you when I was watching the movie... I was either staring at my cup to stop myself from crying but not looking at the mvoie, or is crying o.o;

the fact that I was one of those freaks who was holding that cat-o-9tail... it's just sad and makes me want to cry... and everyone who did see the movie also participated playing the role as one of those soldiers who were torturing Christ. We all have sins, and Jesus wouldn't have to go through all those beatings if it isn't for these sins we have. We are the one who play the roles of those soldiers sending him up the cross... seeing that in action just how brutal it really is compare to just what's written in words is just very moving and astonishing.
    lol, You shouldn't be paying attention to me during a movie anyway. =b I... really don't remember if I was crying or not but I guess I understand why most people would be. Christ died for us believers. That's really something to be joyful and thankful for, if you ask me, and not something to be sad about!

All those slashes on Him... that servant who made sure Jesus was dead on the cross, and those cruel out of control people were pretty sad though.

The movie was beautiful, at times, I'll not be more specific. Ohh, shoot it's so late now. =( I better go.

Jess

Banned
    Years
    heh.. I have heard the story of Jesus a zillion x a zillion x.x Every x-mas I here about the birth and Easter about the death.. And my church pounds it into ya mind every year x.x

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    Chairman Kaga said:
    Why has God ever done violence? He has only done violence when it has been necessary to do so if his church on earth is in absolute danger of being irradicated. Thus, the great flood, Soddom and Gommorah, etc. In those instances, the church was on the verge of destruction and God had the need to reassert himself. Long, long ago he was in communication with some choice followers in the continued effort for humans to safely establish the church so that they may spread their faith.

~Chairman Kaga
    well then why does he create rapists? or murderers? or killers? or gangsters? or evil people that do arm to others? whatbout adolf hitler, why did god create him?
    well my secondary theory listed could explain that right?

Jess

Banned
    Years
    heh... The cool thing is God knew that everything in the future would happen.He knew when ya were gonna wake up this morning. XD! And he knew Hitler was gonan be a stupid person..And that Saddam was gonna get captured, and that 9/11 was gonna happen x.x

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    then my question is, what kind of god whould allow that and for what reasons? why would he allow mass murders, killings, executions?
    by the way i myself am a christian

Jess

Banned
    Years
    heh.. Im no Minister/Preacher/Pastor ...If ya is a Christian then ask ya Minister/Preacher person x.x

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    no im sending this question out to all who opposed me in this discussion...
    ill repeat it why would god create killers, murderes, wars, plauge, death, adolf hitler, sadaam husane, osa bin laden, pearl harbour? why would he allow that?

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Wing_Zero said:
    no im sending this question out to all who opposed me in this discussion...
    ill repeat it why would god create killers, murderes, wars, plauge, death, adolf hitler, sadaam husane, osa bin laden, pearl harbour? why would he allow that?

God has not allowed it, the Enemy has gotten into their heads. God's intentions for all of us to be pure, unfourtunately, the Enemy wants to make us bad. And besides, that's why God gave us a conscience. To know from good or bad.

latiosspudd said:
    Who created god then?

That is a question that still remains unanswered in my head @@;

*dies*

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    CaRtOON said:
    God has not allowed it, the Enemy has gotten into their heads. God's intentions for all of us to be pure, unfourtunately, the Enemy wants to make us bad. And besides, that's why God gave us a conscience. To know from good or bad.

*dies*
    you never answered my question...you just said something insane...
    you admit that god is the ultimate power and creator of man, based on what you have previously said.
    now when i ask you why he created these evil people you say the "enemy has gotten into their heads." that makes no sence considering god creted all man, including the enimy...so your just saying something thats didnt answer my question, as if your trying to evade it..

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Wing Zero said:
    you never answered my question...you just said something insane...
    you admit that god is the ultimate power and creator of man, based on what you have previously said.
    now when i ask you why he created these evil people you say the "enemy has gotten into their heads." that makes no sence considering god creted all man, including the enimy...so your just saying something thats didnt answer my question, as if your trying to evade it..
    Hypocrite.. Yes, God created the enemy, but the enemy was an angel! He turned against the Good Dude, and decided to rule the world. God DID not allow bad guys, WE HAVE.. They have! God ain't some meanie who's gonna control their minds, those bad guys went bad cus they decided it! GET IT?! And don't call whatever I said insane, that's insulting my beliefs too.. --;;

*dies*

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    you said that god, the surpreim being knows out destiny and creates us knowing the outcome of the world...if that is the case then how could WE have created the enimy if god had destined it to happen this way?

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Wing Zero said:
    you said that god, the surpreim being knows out destiny and creates us knowing the outcome of the world...if that is the case then how could WE have created the enimy if god had destined it to happen this way?
    I'll answer it when I get back, the school bell rang.I have to go, darn..

*dies*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back