• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Advertising Ideas

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    OK, me and Andy thought it would be a good idea to revive this thread, so here goes:

Does anybody have any advertising ideas?

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Maybe we could get a pop-up on some sites, like when the people get on the home page, a pop-up advertising PC shows up.

It will probbably extremely hard to do though

Stinger

Banned
    Years
    They'd have to have our pop-up code to do that. We can do it without the code mixed in with all of the site HTML. Anyway.....

Topsites suck, Search engines is a possibility. I think the best thing you can do for the community is work on the site more. Make it way more informational, and expand it. Advertise the heck out of it. I suggest getting a few experienced people to type up plenty of strategy articles, breeding articles, walkthroughs, anything would help. This way, the site can help people more, as well as get more members to the community.

Direct hits from the search engine would work a lot also, if the community is what you?re focusing on at the moment. I?m not exactly sure how the site(s) are ran, but working on it will definitely do the community some good

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    DragonTrainer said:
    Maybe we could get a pop-up on some sites, like when the people get on the home page, a pop-up advertising PC shows up.

It will probbably extremely hard to do though
    No its not hard at all to make a pop up, just put in the HTML code and it will work. But I think most every one hates pop ups (I hate them).

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Yes that is true.

Maybe our best bet is to expand, make it like Serebii and TPM and PE2K,make it more than just a forum, make it a complete site!

Stinger

Banned
    Years
    DragonTrainer said:
    Yes that is true.

Maybe our best bet is to expand, make it like Serebii and TPM and PE2K,make it more than just a forum, make it a complete site!
    That's what I was trying to say =)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    yes that's true. Expanding is the easiest way out.

However... here's the problem;
    -how's the site going to look like?
    -what to talk about?
    -who's doing it (most important)
    -many other technical stuff
    -competition of pokemon news

Stinger

Banned
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    yes that's true. Expanding is the easiest way out.

However... here's the problem;
    -how's the site going to look like?
    -what to talk about?
    -who's doing it (most important)
    -many other technical stuff
    -competition of pokemon news
    I'd be glad to do some strategy articles, scout for news, some HTML, managing news, breeding, fan art management, fan fic management, stuff like that.

Give me anything to do except graphics or hosting

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    What we could do is maybe merge with other sites like The UD,PPN, and #Free Pokemon

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    They all do link to us. However TheUD is dead, PPN is active, and #free_Pok?mon's website isn't up really yet.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    See, the thing is, people don't exactly notice the links.

Maybe we should just make PC into a complete site

Stinger

Banned
    Years
    Yes. Those can be our affiliates, but there could be a main PC site. With the affiliates there, it will generate traffic. The main PC site would too

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    DragonTrainer said:
    See, the thing is, people don't exactly notice the links.

Maybe we should just make PC into a complete site

no... stay under PPN... you see they are part (or is it all? or is it just PPNSteve alone...? *shrugs* either way it's one of those 3 reasons that's true) of the reason why PC costs nothing... vBulletin does charge people for making a forum, so i wonder why the members don't have to pay to make up the cost? *ahem ahem*

plus i don't want the PE2K incident to reoccur with PC being the main character this time

Back