• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Advertising Ideas

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    DragonTrainer said:
    See, the thing is, people don't exactly notice the links.

Maybe we should just make PC into a complete site
    I have never seen a Site/Forums forums. But I dont see what good that would do, sure PC mite have some that comes here and looks for pokemon news but that dont get them to join and start posting (thay mite make one or two posts about topic and then leave).

Stinger

Banned
    Years
    True. .com does cost some money but is there anything to cover the cost of it? Maybe some peple will be willing to donate?

Stinger

Banned
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    I have never seen a Site/Forums forums. But I dont see what good that would do, sure PC mite have some that comes here and looks for pokemon news but that dont get them to join and start posting (thay mite make one or two posts about topic and then leave).
    Every member counts. There can be extra benefits to being a member that we can establish, which will encourage those members to join and post

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Stinger said:
    True. .com does cost some money but is there anything to cover the cost of it? Maybe some peple will be willing to donate?
    I dont know how many members you could get to donate money (SA tryed to do something like that on his forums and no one did it).

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    PPNSteve owns PPN, and hosts The Pok?mon Community. He certainly would want to keep his site the one for PC.

Stinger

Banned
    Years
    We'd only need a few. It doesn't cost much. I'd guess it would be worth a try. Maybe some advertizing would cover the costs for a while until we could get enough money to make the site

Stinger

Banned
    Years
    Kairi said:
    PPNSteve owns PPN, and hosts The Pok?mon Community. He certainly would want to keep his site the one for PC.
    He can still continue his connections with PC, we'll just have a home page

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Stinger said:
    He can still continue his connections with PC, we'll just have a home page

Stinger read the history of PE2K and PC... then you'll see the great problem and flaw within your plan.

Plus i would feel rather ashamed to see a generous friend helping us out, paying for us while we just share the fun part of it. Then when we are "full grown", we dump him and start our own site... no no no... stay under PPN and make PPN our homesite.

Stinger

Banned
    Years
    Then perhaps just a simple homepage? Nothing that would kill PPN?

Why do we still have sites like UD up when they're dead, and aren't generating any traffic to us? Or do they support and pay for us too?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Stinger said:
    Then perhaps just a simple homepage? Nothing that would kill PPN?

Why do we still have sites like UD up when they're dead, and aren't generating any traffic to us? Or do they support and pay for us too?
    All the sites up there is Community sites you dont drop them if thay are down or not up todate. The UD is Kwesi's site (Kwesi is the one who owns PC), The-Apcc is up, #Free_Pokemon is not up todate.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    I don't think expansion is the way to go. It just wouldn't work, IMO. How about a link exchange or forum-forum affiliation? It would be good for both Pok?mon and other Anime sites.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Jedi_Amara said:
    I don't think expansion is the way to go. It just wouldn't work, IMO. How about a link exchange or forum-forum affiliation? It would be good for both Pok?mon and other Anime sites.

that is already been done... *looks at top right hand corner of the page*

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    No what JA means is forum-forum affiliation, like SNF or PE2K or TPM to be PC's Affiliates. All forums not the sites.
    That's correct. And I think a link exchange might work too; I know people do visit the links on mine quite often, and people come to my site from other people's links pages.

If you want to put this in your sig on other forums, you can. The link is https://members.lycos.co.uk/pwforums/pokecommunity.png and I have unlimited bandwidth. *grins* That ninjutsu line is my favourite part of the whole game! I just had to edit the bottom line.

PC Advertising Ideas

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Jedi_Amara said:
    That's correct. And I think a link exchange might work too; I know people do visit the links on mine quite often, and people come to my site from other people's links pages.

If you want to put this in your sig on other forums, you can. The link is https://members.lycos.co.uk/pwforums/pokecommunity.png and I have unlimited bandwidth. *grins* That ninjutsu line is my favourite part of the whole game! I just had to edit the bottom line.

PC Advertising Ideas
    Hay I like that JA, I think ill put it in my sig on other forums.

Back