• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

Junoliv

'Luv ur pokemon' how pathetic
Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    What's that for? I really think he deserves it, and I'm not going to give it to him, but I still hope he gets it. :/
    i didnt think u wud. either way it comes out, he still has to face me in the finals b4 he wins this tourny :p

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Anyway, what do you guys like as a side tourney idea: Doubles, UU, Ubers, or Little Cup?

Actually, instead of Little Cup being an option (frankly, I find LC kind of boring) instead do we want to have NFE as an option? I forgot Ooka had suggested that.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Zam, can you reserve me a spot in #8 since i'll probably be too lazy to actually find the thread and post my sign up?
    No, I cannot reserve you a spot(as if I did that it'd get too confusing), but I can send you a VM whenever the registration period starts up, presumably by the end of the week. XDD

And Volkner, you also forgot what I said: I intend to have more than one Side-Tourney this time. :P

Last edited:

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    I vote for Ubers, UU, and Doubles. OMG worst day ever. My DS got stolen at school so I might not be able to join #8 unless it is found.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • No, I cannot reserve you a spot(as if I did that it'd get to confusing), but I can send you a VM whenever the registration period starts up, presumably by the end of the week. XDD

And Volkner, you also forgot what I said: I intend to have more than one Side-Tourney this time. :P

Tournament #8 Side Tourneys
    Doubles: 1
    UU: 1
    Uber: 0
    Little Cup: 0
    NFE: 0

^---I posted that earlier, I voted for two. :P So everyone else can vote for two!

I vote for Ubers, UU, and Doubles. OMG worst day ever. My DS got stolen at school so I might not be able to join #8 unless it is found.

Oh my God, that's terrible. Hope you find it!! Have an office make an announcement, or check all your school's offices. I found my cell phone at the beginning of senior year because a freshman turned it in. Good girl.

And pick two of your choices (UU, Doubles, or Uber) since there's probably only two side-tourneys (or is there??)

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    But a lot of other people got stuff stolen too. MP3s, phone, ect. UU and doubles.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Tournament #8 Side Tourneys
    Doubles: 2
    UU: 2

^_^ In other news, I'm currently creating the Tournament Rankings thread. I won't post it until I ask one of the moderators about merging it with the Ladder thread and PC Hall of Fame so they can all get stickied together (hopefully). But yeah, basically your rank is your combined points from the CURRENT PC Wifi Tournament, Extreme Speed Open, and Whirl Cup. Meaning Junoliv should be pretty high up there to start with.

Then there's another overall Ranking List of how you've done in all the OVERALL PC Wifi's, ESO's, and Whirl Cup's. Right now only those 3 tournaments are included because...well every other single tourney that's on here is terrible. XD We need more unique and creative ideas.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Oh, sorry to hear about your DS, Dark Wolf. I hope you can get it back. ;_;

And Volkner, there may be two, or maybe three. XD

Oh, and I still suggest including the Extreme Gym. ^_^

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Oh, sorry to hear about your DS, Dark Wolf. I hope you can get it back. ;_;

And Volkner, there may be two, or maybe three. XD

Oh, and I still suggest including the Extreme Gym. ^_^

Unfortunately, the EGL, even though it's the only really successful gym, still doesn't have lot of actual battling activity. Even so, it'd be hard to incorporate gyms into the ranking system. With tournaments you just get points per round, making it easy to calculate. Gyms I'd have to give/take points based on all the battles and challenges they have.

Besides, you play in a tournament, your reward is the Ranking position (and perhaps your name on the front page/prizes.)

You already get a badge and recognition for winning in a gym, that should be enough for those. XD

As for the side-tourneys, guess we'll go with whatever top 2-3 win the votes. Start voting folks! :P

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • Doubles. UU is a joke, Ubers are trophies, and I have no idea what Little Cup or NFE is. :P

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Doubles. UU is a joke, Ubers are trophies, and I have no idea what Little Cup or NFE is. :P

XD 'nuff said.

Doubles: 4
    UU: 3

I cannot wait for doubles; so much more strategy than singles, you really have to weigh it out when making a team. It'd be neat to see a different group of battlers doing well in doubles, rather than the singles tops moving through. I prefer doubles, it just has gotten much less popular as of late. Schemes up a doubles tournament idea

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Doubles and...UU I guess, although I most likely won't be participating in UU unless I can wrangle up a team.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • Looks like my team needs a bit of revamping now that platinum is out. I'm way too used to the standard DP metagame...But the will require a bit of strategic hunting over in the Trade Corner XD

Prince, I hope you win it this time. You really deserve it after all those trips to the later rounds. Get that title already! >:O

Thanks Aura, but geting past Ooka is no cakewalk. =/

Thanks a lot Aura :P

But yeah, I'm actually rooting for Prince, however, that doesn't mean I'll go easy on him. >=O

And yeah Prince, I'll keep getting on, cause I don't know when your nighttime is. xD

Thanks heh...this is gonna be fun =D
    I'm five hours ahead of ya =p

i didnt think u wud. either way it comes out, he still has to face me in the finals b4 he wins this tourny :p

It'd be my pleasure to do that if I get there though =P

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Doubles and...UU I guess, although I most likely won't be participating in UU unless I can wrangle up a team.

I vote twice for NFE >=O

NFE and Doubles

filler! filler nights! (XD Thriller)

Added =D

Doubles: 6
    UU: 4
    NFE: 3

Thanks Aura, but geting past Ooka is no cakewalk. =/

Thanks heh...this is gonna be fun =D