• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Playstation III and Xbox Next

The S

The Reverend
Years
  • PS3 looks better than PS2, X-Box 360, Gamecube, or the original X-Box

Though the controller will definately take some getting used to.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I think the PS3 looks great.

I mean I like the looks far better then the XBox 360.
    But as I told Nick on MSN, the controller looks like crap.

DeltaSuicune

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2008
    Sony claims their console to be more powerful than two GeForce 6800 ULTRA's.

Complete BS. If so, expect to pay at least $600, including estimated chip price drops by next year, if any.

Oh, yes, Sony. I'm still waiting for the PS2 to be able to do Toy Story in realtime, all while emulating real human emotions, thus making human interaction meaningless. Since given that it takes 4 daisy computers in chain 3 ****ing hours to render 1 frame currently. (we're talking computers here that are roughly 10 times more powerful than PS3's eh). What I find ironic is not too long ago, Sony was bragging about how the Cell will break 4 ghz and make Intel look stupid; and the processor for the PS3 is currently at 3.2ghz. Maybe they hit the same overheating problems that other chip makers have hmm?

Nobody but fanboys swallow this BS logic.

7 Bluetooth controllers and 6 USB ports? Talk about overkill, why the odd number 7 controllers anyway, make it 8 if anything. Sounds like they're trying to beat the Xbox360 no matter the stupidity of the concepts now. And while we're on the topic of the Xbox360.. it almost looks like they curved the machine purposely that way to make sure nobody stacked anything on top of it o_O.

~DS

On an aside, am I the only one that thinks this thing looks like a scanner? XD

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    DeltaSuicune said:

Complete BS. If so, expect to pay at least $600, including estimated chip price drops by next year, if any.

Oh, yes, Sony. I'm still waiting for the PS2 to be able to do Toy Story in realtime, all while emulating real human emotions, thus making human interaction meaningless. Since given that it takes 4 daisy computers in chain 3 ****ing hours to render 1 frame currently. (we're talking computers here that are roughly 10 times more powerful than PS3's eh). What I find ironic is not too long ago, Sony was bragging about how the Cell will break 4 ghz and make Intel look stupid; and the processor for the PS3 is currently at 3.2ghz. Maybe they hit the same overheating problems that other chip makers have hmm?

7 Bluetooth controllers and 6 USB ports? Talk about overkill, why the odd number 7 controllers anyway, make it 8 if anything. Sounds like they're trying to beat the Xbox360 no matter the stupidity of the concepts now. And while we're on the topic of the Xbox360.. it almost looks like they curved the machine purposely that way to make sure nobody stacked anything on top of it o_O.

~DS

On an aside, am I the only one that thinks this thing looks like a scanner? XD
    Well, considering Sony's habit of telling false specs, I don't plan the PS3 to be just like they said. It'll probally be downgraded from what they said. About the Xbox 360 curve, you can see that the PS3 has the smae exact thing except that it goes out, not in, so you can't put things on top of the PS3 like you possiblly could with the Xbox 360.
    To me, the PS3 looks exactly like a scanner I've seen somewhere. If it was to be more flat, it would look too much like a PC. I think it's awful compared to the Xbox 360.
    Well, in other news, there's an offical picture of the Nintendo Revolution. I guess the console designers went for the really crappy design for this console generation.
    Crappy Design> Xbox 360 design > PS3 Design > Revolution Design.
    I guess no one can design a console anymore. :(

EDIT: BIG NEWS!!
    Square Enix has comfirmed that the will be making Final Fantasy XI for the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live! Here's the article along with more info on the Xbox 360 lineup.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014

HAHAHAHA. That's the worst controller I have ever seen. It's just...AHHHAHG. What were they thinking?

The consoles designs really bore me. The 360 looks boring, the PS2 looks boring (though some screenshots reveal that it would be a totally kickass printer), and the Revolution is lacking the innovation I would expect from Nintendo. I bet the controller will kick butt, though, and it better have a cool logo. I just hope they can retain their broad age range. I would hate for them to fall into the whole 'HARDCORE MATURE GAMER' void the video game industry has been slipping into.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • The Final Fantasy VII PS3 TECH DEMO!!!

Fear not, they are not fake. Nor is it a remake, which is the bad news... It's simply- a tech demo.
    DeltaSuicune said:
    The Cell is expected to take away alot of the GPU's worries- If you remember correctly, the Cell does have 9 cores.
    And even so, that's Nvidia's technology, I really see some short-thought quotes here...

Giving PS3 crap because PS2 wasn't a supercomputer? Really- the Cell has been overclocked to speeds around 4.5GHz- They never said they would use their most powerful model, nor did they say they wanted to create a firehazard in your living room.
    Although early tech demos and trailers show something comparable? Go figure- seriously.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Shinin said:
    Wasn't it Nintendo that claimed the N64 was able to run Toy Story real time?
    I heard that before (it was here I think, somewhere). And both times I tried looking stuff up for it. And both times I found nothing about that being an N64 claim, but rather a PS2 claim. *so badly wants to throw an insult to Sony in here, but won't*

I like the curvyness of the PS3 controller. I don't like how the handles on it are gigantic though.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • TRIFORCE89 said:
    I like the curvyness of the PS3 controller. I don't like how the handles on it are gigantic though.
    They'll make a smaller version, or atleast a 3rd party company will... Shame that the pictured model will probably be the one included though...

Lets hope for a last-minute fix? Or perhaps we're viewing it wrong, as we did with PSP. The controller might be too small and the buttons wrongly distributed O_o.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Shinin said:

And this is funny:
    Looking at the first picture really shows us how badly Sony has effed up on this controller... I don't think my fingers are even long enough to reach the 'L' and 'R' buttons o_O

But atleast according to the second picture, it will be of some use in 3rd World countries x.x

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    See, this time, it's Sony's turn to make the bigger console and controllers. It's Xbox's turn to make the smaller console and smaller controllers and have then be wireless. Nintendo doesn't take turns. :(
    Comparison:

~Source Penny Arcade Forums
    This is going to be a great era for video games. :D

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I was watching the coverage on G4. Killzone on the Xbox looks amazing. Other than that...there's just a small improvment over the current generation. No huge jump in the visuals based on what's been shown so far. PS3...I couldn't tell what was CG and what was game. That could be a good thing if it was all game, but very bad if all they showed was video. O_o Hopefully it's the prior.

The PS3 controller looks like those really clunky PC controllers.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • TRIFORCE89 said:
    I was watching the coverage on G4. Killzone on the Xbox looks amazing. Other than that...there's just a small improvment over the current generation. No huge jump in the visuals based on what's been shown so far. PS3...I couldn't tell what was CG and what was game. That could be a good thing if it was all game, but very bad if all they showed was video. O_o Hopefully it's the prior.

The PS3 controller looks like those really clunky PC controllers.
    I expect that the PS3 previews are a mix of CG and in-game footage. It seems as if it's capable of atleast making near-CG quality scenes in realtime, but there are some scenes a little too detailed. Things like random foot placement on the ground while running through a rocky field, or repeating the same attack but it somehow looking graphically different may be signs of a CG video.

Another indicator is when you see a scene from the game from a perspective you know you wouldn't be seeing it in. If you see a car get torn-up and fly off a mountain, then see it fall from ground view 'above' you along with the surrounding areas seeming completely rendered, forget about it. I doubt developers really want to render 500 different rocks in areas a player would care less to explore in anyway. Those are the useless details we might expect to see in Nex-Nex Gen consoles.(along with Tony Hawk's Grand Theft Auto Monopoly-Kart Halooo being played as a sidegame within the Sims O_O)

Bay-kun

<That's me Oo
    Years
  • Wow, I'll just come in here to say what I think the PS3 looks like, because I don't understand the techy stuff too well. :P

I think the PS3 looks really cool, especially in the black. But I think the controller is frickin crap. O.o;; When I saw those handles, I was like, "WTF?! How am I gonna hold that thing?" XD Btw, I don't like how the Revolution looks either, they better change the design. =/

Back