• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Plot, Planning & Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
Years
  • Ah, well, I'll go check that out :)

And, yeah, I'm going to need to think of something for the players do do if their characters die, that fits the setting. What I have on that front so far is perhaps letting them play random trainers and such who meet the group of surviving player-characters.

But that might not even be necessary - I've run very death-heavy plots before, and people seemed happy to bow out gracefully. It really depends on what people here want.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I was wondering if this makes enough sense. It's a Harry Potter-esque RP I've been thinking of for a while. It won't be about the lectures, it will be about the stuff in between and around. Comments? Does it look finished? (of course there's a SU sheet and descriptions of my own plentiful characters as well)

Spoiler:

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
  • I was wondering if this makes enough sense. It's a Harry Potter-esque RP I've been thinking of for a while. It won't be about the lectures, it will be about the stuff in between and around. Comments? Does it look finished? (of course there's a SU sheet and descriptions of my own plentiful characters as well)

Spoiler:
    Um, yes please! I know I'd hop right on this, busy or not >w>' A Harry Potter RP is something I've been wanting for a long while.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Um, yes please! I know I'd hop right on this, busy or not >w>' A Harry Potter RP is something I've been wanting for a long while.
    Nice to hear :) but I'm worried I wouldn't be able to run a school RP. Never tried it before (but some time has got to be the first!). So I really don't want to RP classes and let them take weeks of OOC time.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Avoiding classes is a sensible idea, in the past players in GH have had differing views on them - meaning some were done with them after a day whereas others were still in class two weeks later. Much more easily manageable if a vague outline is given and the focus is thrown on what happens between/afterwards.

What did you have in mind for the curses? Reading what's there so far I wasn't really sure how serious these curses are going to be, and how they will manifest.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Avoiding classes is a sensible idea, in the past players in GH have had differing views on them - meaning some were done with them after a day whereas others were still in class two weeks later. Much more easily manageable if a vague outline is given and the focus is thrown on what happens between/afterwards.

What did you have in mind for the curses? Reading what's there so far I wasn't really sure how serious these curses are going to be, and how they will manifest.
    You'll invent your own curse. Examples off my head... Sneezing will cause a minor storm? Being transformed into a lizard humanoid? Touching others causes pain? Suddenly being invisible and can only be heard? Inability to put your feet on the ground so you have to levitate around etc. I'd be excited to see what people could come up with.

So, not deadly serious. Unless a player gets a really good idea for something that can stir up a mess in the castle and create sideplots :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    Fire emblem:the ultimite roleplay

Feel free to join in as any character from any fire emblem or create your own(explain your character)

basic story staff needed
    battle master
    level/stat tracker
    map master
    enemy master
    narrator
    3-15 people may join
    you may have elemental pets
    same rules for atks and magic apply for this story as in game
    rules: No O.P. charachters (unbeatable ablities/moves you made up)
    must have player profile
    in game choices are made by the story staff
    im one of the 3 main characters first 3 to apply are the main they die and we have no healer game over
    Lastly you are not dead for ever if you die

classes:any

im using a dsi so dont get angry for me missing something also i accept any grammer errors

Heh,finally Releasing my story as an rp hope you guys love to play it(took me forever to write the story)

Pokemon mystery dungeon: Explorers of destiny

location:kyro isles 11 large uncharted islands south of new hoenn

story: 5 eevee were given to a pokemon that would train them to their fullest. Their ancestors were given 5 very rare stones that human seek and have captured legends for. the creation stone, the reverse stone, the nightmare stone, the cresent stone,
    the , and the lava stone.
    (each given by a specific legendary)
    the pokemon was told to lock each stone in a vault on different isles and have powerful pokemon guard it.
    That pokemon had made 21 dungeons in total each holding a important treasure. Today was the day their training started.It'll get voilent soon so if you stick around you'll enjoy

this is day to day chaptered

people required:
    one person for each eevee(loution) (5)
    the eevees trainer pokemon

this can go on as long as everyone would like let me know before we start

Realllly hope you guys would like to play it

(using a dsi so dont get angry if my grammers bad or im slow to respond

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • @gira - Well considering you wrote that on a dsi it's understandable, but unfortunately there's a long way to go with that.

The story itself seems interesting, although it could do with a fair bit of fleshing out. Mystery Dungeon RPs seem to be pretty well received here so that's not a bad choice at all, especially if your plot can back up the interest that would likely get,

Really the problems you have are
    1. Not enough detail and
    2. Rules/Sign-up sheet are absent.

I haven't seen you around here before so I'm assuming you're pretty new to RPing. I'd recommend reading through the sections rules, taking a look at some other RP threads for inspiration and clarification and then writing that up on a computer with some more detail. Once you've done that I think you'll have quite the RP on your hands. What you have now is just a summary, but from the summary I think the RP will do well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2015
    Hey, here is my proposed scenario for a RP story

160 years before the events of Pokémon as we know the today, the regions were caught in the web of ever rising conflict…

Rival nations, Johto and Kanto, have been competing for centuries. At times the tensions have risen to the waging of wars between them. Bad economics, unscrupulous trade, spreading disease, and idea theft has been enough to spark high tensions between these two.

Recently, an unknown Pokémon (Mew) has disabled all the automated weaponry on both sides. (However machines are still usable, such as cars.) Being stranded without weapons, both countries have seen a lull in war. It has been 30 years since the last all-out war, but there is still enough mistrust within living generations to spark the fire. Moreover, the independent actions of occasional guerrilla fighter skirmishes keep tensions high.

In fear of their neighbouring country, Johto sought out a new form of protection: Pokémon.

Up until now, people lived in fear of Pokémon. They were treated like monsters. But since the invention of the Pokéball from Johto, Pokémon can now be tamed. With this they now have a new method to fight. And each side is willing to toss aside old fears to continue the battle.

Although armies were being trained, neither side was willing to make the first move. This changed when an anonymous attack was shot out. This was all that was needed to spark the enemy country's distrust, and thus they were plunged back into a new age of war.

It it now your duty to choose to fight for Kanto or Johto, and build up your pokémon army. Choose a side and your faction (navy, air force or army) and prepare for the war of the century.

Sorry for the long post, I don't know how to do the spoiler tab thing.

Cheers

Kirky

Years
  • Alright, here is my idea for a roleplay. If this ever does come onto the forum, it probably wont be for a while, it would take a bit of preparation. Source material for the topic is from a PS Vita game called Danganronpa, and I am still debating whether or not to tie it into pokemon in some way (although I probably will).

Spoiler:

Its a bit of a dark topic, but I thought that it deserved a roleplay. Its very much a rough draft at the moment, and will require a lot of work before it even gets put up. I guess this is mostly asking if this is anything someone would be interested in.

EDIT: Also, Kirky, to use the spoiler tabs:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • That sounds interesting, but you're going to have to put a lot of faith in the roleplayers to not metagame. :P

Very true, metagaming would be a slight issue. However, I've come up with a couple of murder cases, and I plan to come up with them all on my own. That way, nobody can just google the answers.

Also, it would be impossible to stop people from discussing amongst themselves in PM or skype or something, although it would be hard to trust anyone else in a private discussion, because they could be lying to you and really be a murderer. When you cant trust anyone, things get interesting.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • This has a lot of bloodshed times ahead... And it's perfect for this month of October! If I didn't know any better, I would call it The Month of Horrors :) But still, the doll scene reminds me a lot about the Conjuring for no apparent reason, but the plot just has to be good!

Years
  • I like this idea and would probably try to join if you made it. Just one questions what would you do if the players got one wrong really early on? Even if you restarted it could be a bit of a mood killer if the players got the first one wrong for instance.

I suppose there is always the risk of that happening, although with the number of npcs I could start with, I could skew the vote a bit. But I would also use the npcs to kinda guide them through the first couple cases. Once enough npcs died, they would kinda have to do it on their own, but by then hopefully they kinda figured out how things work.

This has a lot of bloodshed times ahead... And it's perfect for this month of October! If I didn't know any better, I would call it The Month of Horrors :) But still, the doll scene reminds me a lot about the Conjuring for no apparent reason, but the plot just has to be good!

Oh yes, quite creepy, and I love it!

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2015
    Hey, here is my proposed scenario for a RP story, I have edited it a bit and have added rules. I have done this to receive more suggestions from others out there, please give me a hand if you see anything that won't work well

Spoiler:

Here are my proposed rules:
    Spoiler:

I am open to all suggestions, the more the merrier since I am new to the whole RP scene.

Cheers
    Kirky

And a thank you to STARDUST for helping with the spoiler code

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2015
    Hey, here is my proposed scenario for a RP story, please give me a hand if you see anything that won't work well

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I am open to all suggestions, the more the merrier since I am new to the whole RP scene.

Cheers
    Kirky

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Hey, here is my proposed scenario for a RP story, please give me a hand if you see anything that won't work well

Spoiler:

Sounds pretty interesting :) It's unclear exactly how this will play out though. If there are Kanto and Johto teams, will they ever meet? What are they doing to take part in this? Are they fighting one another, fighting these 'high profile' people, or just being soldiers in general?

Also bear in mind that you have 6 total groups, meaning a possible 18 players? That is a lot to keep track of if they're all off doing their own thing.

Spoiler:

Cheers
    Kirky

Your rules are fine, but your mechanics are a bit overcomplicated. You mention a 'leader' but not their significance, and then votes and things? Sounds like lots it going on even in OOC. I think your group dynamics may be better left aside and just leaving the groups without a dedicated leader.

Perhaps a mention on mechanics of the actual pokemon? Like how to learn moves, whether they have levels, how to evolve, how often you can catch new ones, etc. That along with if you're having pokemon faint or die - as in a war-scenario the latter seems more likely?

Not a bad start to planning though ^^.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • Good day, fellow roleplayers! I've been away for a while now, like almost completely since school started, but I've not been unproductive in the roleplay since! I have an idea, and it needs gauging. Perhaps you could review my general description of the land? I'll add the plot and descriptions of the various factions as soon as I have time.

"We are sentinels. We are legion. We are few. We are brave. I pledge my life to the Legion, to the brotherhood, to the defense of Orion. We will march together. We will hold the line. We will stave the darkness. We are hope. We are the last defense in a world of chaos. When all else falls, we will stand together. Brothers-In-Arms are we. Fear is unknown, a non-effective variable. We march together. We hold the line. We will hold the gates of Hell. Together we stand, and together we fall."
    Oath of the Legion

The land of Orion is an odd, diverse one. One portion, known as the Crater, is a harsh desert region lying in the south, sparsely populated by xenophobic nomadic tribes and vicious reptilian creatures. There is said to be an ancient city filled with wizards and angels in the heart of the unforgiving desert.

The Mascorn Forest is a massive forest in the east. It is populated by very few people, if any, as a result of the growing numbers of dangerous animals, creatures, and insects. Many hunters have reported sites of monsters and demons...

The north is held by a single unbroken mountain: The Fetrus Peak. The mountain is inhabited by dozens of monasteries, all of which containing the most disciplined monks. They claim to live in harmony and peace, although they study martial arts to the farthest extent. Although the Fetrusian monks disagree with the theory, there are those who say a race of dwarves lives inside the mountain, and they are responsible for the ever-changing seasons of the mountain.

The west is simply a large coastal area, where the lower classes of Orion thrive. Plains, small forests, and towns ranging from hamlets to cities cover the area. The coast is where the largest cities reside. The ports of Orion are one of the greatest melting pots in the world: Sailors from all across the globe come here to do their trading.

The center of Orion is a large plain, lacking any diversity in geological features. This hold's the kingdom's capital, Kingsland. The city is a sprawl of stone buildings. There are large farming villages throughout the central region of the country. This is also where the Legion's barracks are located, although the exact location is unknown.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    @Challenger hey friend, good to see you back. (It's Ray, btw :P) I have read your descriptions and have questions, feedback and suggestions to share!

First of all, just to clarify: this is not a Pokemon RP, is it? If not, are there any races us players can choose from, or is it only humans? You did mention dwarves and demons, so I suppose you are going for the high-fantasy RP here - does that include Elves and such?

I liked what you did with the Oath of the Legion. However, that raises some questions which demand answering. The Legion is a brotherhood, I get it, formed to defend Orion... from what? In their Oath, you make it seem as if they have a grand and difficult task. In that case, they must have enemies that threaten them and Orion. And I am to assume the players will be part of this Legion - could you share a bit more about them, perhaps tease what that would constitute?

I suppose the players will have to choose one of the four (or five) regions for their characters to originate from. How do each of these regions view the Legion? The setting is colorful and intriguing, and I'd like to see some lore for the locations you've mentioned, something to give it a backbone which would let us see beyond the present image of Orion, perhaps something that would help us decide whether we like that region or not. And let's talk about powers, is there any established Magic system to spice things up? I always go for the mage, as I like to explore the boundaries of each fantasy world. If there is a Magic system, make sure to set its boundaries and write them down clearly so your players will understand how it works and how to put it to use.

I've noticed a general sense of mystery in your world so far. The monks don't know about the dwarves, there are only rumors of demons hiding in the forest, there is one city supposedly and according to legend lost the south, and the exact location of the Legion's barracks is unknown (although you don't explain why). I suggest you don't go overboard with that; shape the world in a way that would offer diverse mystery, not the same kind everywhere. Maybe instead of hidden, you could make the Legion's barracks visible and mighty for the eye to behold, so mighty in fact that they appear daunting to their ambitious enemies.

Also, I suggest in a friendly manner that you change your Capital's name :P Give it some thought.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back