• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I personally think there is no platform under gratina because he has the levitation abillity or he is a flying type so it will be easier to tell weathere you can use earth quake or not but that is just what i thin

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    pretty much the same thing nintendo has done with pokemon (and gamefreak, pokemon, ect.)

Make dialga AND palkia obtainable at level 70, giritina at spear pillar at 47

Instead of azlef mesprit and uxie, replace that with dialga and palkia, and keep those... somwheres... mabey those can awaken dialga + palkia to awaken giritina...

Dialga and palkia will be obtainable after E4 at new locations, more side quests, the usual...

oh, and this is a prediction AND hoping to happen...

Years
  • I personally think there is no platform under gratina because he has the levitation abillity or he is a flying type so it will be easier to tell weathere you can use earth quake or not but that is just what i thin

Yeah, I agree. Platinum is a way big update. It will be so much improved, but it's not worth the time. :(

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • pretty much the same thing nintendo has done with pokemon (and gamefreak, pokemon, ect.)

Make dialga AND palkia obtainable at level 70, giritina at spear pillar at 47

Instead of azlef mesprit and uxie, replace that with dialga and palkia, and keep those... somwheres... mabey those can awaken dialga + palkia to awaken giritina...

Dialga and palkia will be obtainable after E4 at new locations, more side quests, the usual...

oh, and this is a prediction AND hoping to happen...

I'd rather have Giratina in my team before the E4 instead of Dialga or Palkia.

Years
  • I'd rather have Giratina in my team before the E4 instead of Dialga or Palkia.

Yeah, but it's gonna need a good moveset! Do you guys think I should just get it from Japan? I've been thinking... Oh and BTW, they remixed the Regi Trio Battle Music. It sounds so cool. And regigigas reaches his hand up then puts it back instead of the whatever thing when you send him out. It appears that it will not have a new form...

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    i dont mind if regigigas doesnt have a new forme, just so long as it gets a new ability; Slow Start sux.
    @SRkid: Regigigas isnt the only one. every pokemon gets animated back sprites.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • The only reason Giratina won't be Lv. 70 is that Nintendo have learned from their mistake in Emerald, in that you could get a Lv. 70 (here being Rayquaza) before the Elite Four and totally anihallate them. Not that you couldn't anyway, but still...

Years
  • i dont mind if regigigas doesnt have a new forme, just so long as it gets a new ability; Slow Start sux.

The only reason Giratina won't be Lv. 70 is that Nintendo have learned from their mistake in Emerald, in that you could get a Lv. 70 (here being Rayquaza) before the Elite Four and totally anihallate them. Not that you couldn't anyway, but still...

PF: Yeah, I know, but Regigigas is the only one to be shown so far. I also love the new Platinum Regi Remix...
    DD: Yup, too bad they quit being stupid. I would be da bomb like that. They better also have pokeradar and SRing shinies in this! If they don't I will personally take down nintendo! mwahahaha! Too bad their security would annihilate me though...

Last edited:

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
  • Serebii has announced the ways of getting the three Regis in Pokemon Platinum (Rigirock, Regice and Registeel). Apperantley you have to obtain the movie Regigigas by preodering the 11th movie ticket in Japan, then you have to transfer it to Platinum when it is realeased after that the Regi Trio will appear in Sinnoh in caves (location unknown at the moment) at level 30.

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    lol, tell us about it
    but after those five turns, hes gretat

i dont mind if regigigas doesnt have a new forme, just so long as it gets a new ability; Slow Start sux.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • Does anyone know if having a Japanese Moviegigas could activate the event in an english version of Platinum? I've already traded for 16 different Moviegigigas, mostly trading away a bidoof for them, in hopes that it would activate when the game comes out in America.

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
    Years
  • There is even a limited Giratina edition of DS Lite if you enter a lucky draw! O_@

pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g080625_01.html

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    Does anyone know if having a Japanese Moviegigas could activate the event in an english version of Platinum? I've already traded for 16 different Moviegigigas, mostly trading away a bidoof for them, in hopes that it would activate when the game comes out in America.

hmmm... i think it might, but thats my opinion. the movie-gigas obviously has some kind of coding that activates the three regis in-game, so i would assume that the same coding would exist in the US version and the Japanese gigas would activate that as well.
    unless Nintendo wants to release the movie-gigas here in the US, which would finally give us some participation in movie events.

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
  • Does anyone know if having a Japanese Moviegigas could activate the event in an english version of Platinum? I've already traded for 16 different Moviegigigas, mostly trading away a bidoof for them, in hopes that it would activate when the game comes out in America.
    I should think that the Regigigas would be activated in the English version another way, this should be released when the release date of the English version is announced.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    hmm... it'd be nice if Game Freak gave us a movie gigas. i hope its required in game, so they have to do it for the US...

im assuming all of you have seen the platina FAQ, and seen that cycling road has a tunnel now. any thing special about it, or is it just for show?

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • hmmm... i think it might, but thats my opinion. the movie-gigas obviously has some kind of coding that activates the three regis in-game, so i would assume that the same coding would exist in the US version and the Japanese gigas would activate that as well.
    unless Nintendo wants to release the movie-gigas here in the US, which would finally give us some participation in movie events.

I'd say it has to do with Regigigas' attacks. Rather than it being special coding in the Regigigas, I'd say it deals with the attacks Iron Head, Rock Slide, & Icy Wind. Regigigas normally cannot learn Iron Head or Icy Wind, so that may be why they say it is the Movie Regigigas that activates the other Regis. Most likely, even hacks with these moves would do it.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    You could just get the Walk-through-wall cheat to activate the regis... duh... of course, no news until next Friday....

EDIT: Fixed some typos.... in every word.

2nd EDIT: Fixed the word "word".

balthamos

Eeveephile, nom nom!
    Years
  • The Giratina DS, I would kill for something as beautiful as a Giratina DS ;___;
    Oh well, I have this game pre ordered already for a jap copy. I really cant wait.. I wanted to wait for a giratina copy of the game =o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back