• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUSION

>:)
Years
  • Oh that grass one is cute, like a Torkoal who changed in a grass type. ^_^
    And the water one is also cute.
    But the fire one, that's just pethatic.
    I too prefer the grass one. I don't like the water one too much, but I can't stand the fire one. It looks terrible, lets just hope it's evolutions will be better.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • Yup, let's hope the evo's are better.
    I don't hope that fire monkey evolves in a fire version of Vortex Ape lol.
    No really, I got the feeling it'll evolve in some Slaking-looking pokemon.

MUSION

Years
  • Yeah I thought the same when I realised that it was a monkey.

Is it just me or do they seem to keep the grass starters similar? I mean Bulbasaur, Chikorita and Naetoru are all quadrupedal dinosaurs. The only different one is Treeko, as it is a reptile and walks on 2 legs. But reptiles and dinosaurs are still logically the same.

But look at the fire starters for example.
    Charmander - Reptile
    Cyndaquil - Mouse
    Torchic - Bird
    Hikozaru - Monkey

All very different.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • Perhaps they don't have that much immagition for Grassy pkmn.
    Water Pkmn are very different too.
    Squirtle - Turtle
    Totodile - Crocodile
    Mudkip - Mudfish pkmn
    Pocchama - water bird

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • Now that you say it...
    Yeah could be a penguin.
    Maybe it's just that for Grass Pokemon they need to stick to nature.
    So not to many choice

MUSION

Years
  • Maybe yeah. Though they don't alter them too much, I still like the dinosaur look that they have, so I'm not really bothered about them being similar.

KAAPOW

the new pink
    Years
    • Age 31
    • oz
    • Seen Aug 31, 2006
    I can't decide between the grass or the water one D= They're both so cute. Logically, I'd pick the grass one because for some reason I NEVER catch grass pokemon ever. It's just that they're both so darned cute!

obelisk-kun

GO HINATA KICK NEJI'S ASS!!!!!
    Years
  • everybody that wants an easy game picks grass or water but I'm picking fire, for to reasons the fire starter usualy ends up more powerful and monkeys pwn.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    We're talking about the new starters? Interesting.
    I normally always like the fire starters the best...and even though I'm not too fond of monkies I'll probably pick it anyway. ^^;

Fire does tend to be the strongest in the end.

But in my opinion, picking fire as a starter makes the game easier then if you pick water. Grass is normally fine though....sometimes.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I'm picking Water or Grass hands up, the Water type one is cute though, but looks don't mean anything. Out of all the starters of Pokemon that I had the water one doesn't get knocked out as much as the other 2 starters.

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

MUSION

Years
  • Well I'd definately pick the Grass one. I like the turtle-dinosaur look. Also, I hate the Fire and Water ones.

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    they based the fire monkey on Sun Wu Kong, a Buddhist deity.

i can see the resemblance:
    large ears,
    hair knott

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • O.O that's new to me

I usually pick the fire starter too, Typhlosion, Charizard and Blaziken make an awesome part of your party.
    It's good they tought Charmander how to learn Metal claw, it makes the battle to Brock a lot easier. Blaziken with his Blaze Kick or Sky uppercut is quite good.
    I never catch fighting pokemon (don't like them), but now you have fire-fighting one. that's good.
    Typhlosion has an awesome Fire attack ability. (and he's so cute ^^)
    It's a shame fire Pokemon are so rare. I hope they put more fire pokemon in D/P to make up for the fire monkey.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
  • I like the turtle starter as well. X3~ It looks so cute. =D And from the information that's out so far, its evolutionary forms look pretty unique too.

The monkey can go fall in a ditch.

~Kelsey

Years
  • Design-wise, I like the monkey's evos the best...going by the sprites, anyways. I have to give props to the other two starters for evolving into unique type combos. I'm going to wait to see the artwork for them before I decide whether I like them or not; it's already been shown to me that the sprites don't do much justice to some pokemon (example: Mukkuru. When I saw the sprite for that, I thought it was extremely bland, but my opinion of it changed after seeing the artwork. I find it kinda cute now).

Oh, and I'm finding myself liking Karanakushi and Toritodon (the sea slugs) more and more...

Spoiler'd for those that don't know about them and don't want to find out.
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back