• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Dark Crystal Version (BETA 1.0 Released!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
So, I finshed the beta, what can I say, so far so good!
Execpt the grammar error, I'm sure they will be corrected later, i found a bug after a pokemon is catched, the info on the pokedex is not displayed correctly. (Sorry, cannot post screenshoots because i'm a new user)

Also, I noticed that the box where you store pokemon are able to keep only 420 pokemon, is it possible to expand that limit?
Last question, when the beta 2 will come out will I be able to play with the savegame of the first beta?

Looking forward to play the next beta! good luck with the project! =)

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
Years
Can't get it to work on VBA but it works well on NO$. Anyone have any luck on VBA or any suggestions to get it to work?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Can you add IVs rating system to this game? I'd love the game including IVs rating system :D Good luck

I don't really think I'll be adding that since the IV Rating System's code is not released in public and/or made for Emerald (I hear Sphice's Gaia has it but the code is completely for FireRed).

Great job on making this beta. It looked pretty solid, but there are a few bugs, and touch ups that need to be fixed/done here and there:

Again, pretty great job with the beta. I like a lot how the graphics look, implementation of new songs and the level curve, the side missions, and the flavor text around the game.
I'll keep on lurking this thread!

Thanks! I'll be glad to answer your bugs/errors found (and these will be fixed for the next release):
Spoiler:

im loving this beta cant wait for the next update on this and also question will u ever be able to add the second floor to pokemon center for multiplayer purposes? because i feel like it would be a nice addition but i also feel like it can lag the game dont know its up to u hahaha keep up the good work
:)

Thanks! Multiplayer can be a very bad idea in the hack. For example, when you are ridiculously trying to connent Dark Crystal with vanilla Emerald, it will be too buggy. Unless, if it is only going to be DC to DC, or DC to LC (or any hack that shares my ROM base. I don't have any ROM base release so why am I telling this? LOL). And anyway, I did not plan any multiplayer parts of the game that will be too important (as if I've changed trade evolution methods into stones).

Good job, Sky High!

I recently start a new game, and all looks very good, the graphical style reminds me Pokemon Dark Violet, every graphic are good, good scripts, I ddon't know why, but the storyline reminds me the original story of BW.

But this...

dcbeta1-0-1446214982827-1508224.png

Sounds familiar to me...
esuj8b0qgqt9-2-1508238.png

xv35f0jjhpj0-1508241.png

pokemon-sterling-silver-1446216922412-1508226.png

Thanks! Total coincidence about the usage of Team Enigma. I never knew that other hacks would have Team Enigma. LOL

But anyway, just in case I don't like using Team Enigma as the name of the organization, I've got a lot of words in the wordpool for the organization name. Actually, it is not planned to be Enigma, more like something without "Team" on the beginning. Still planning about that anyway.

Good work! I tried the beta, there were a few bugs but it is a beta after all. Loving it, cheers!

Thanks! Sure will be fixed for the next release.

Plss! Add hoopa and unbound hoopa sprite plssss! To make your game perfect..

I'll be adding Confined and Unbound Hoopa sprites soon. Nevertheless, Hoopa is not in the Hairo Pokedex so why a rush? XD

This Hack is FABULOUS!! Finished Beta 1 :) Really Really Liked Mission System! Keep On Good Working Good Luck!!!

Thanks! Glad that enjoyed it.

This is great kind of similar to dark violet plot well the first gym subplot with the library is anyways but yeah great game the grammar could need to touch but beside that great game. Hope you keep on progressing in this hack and one of few who complete their hacks.

Thanks! Will sure fix my grammatical/spelling errors.

Just completed the beta and I have to say, it exceeded my expectations. I really, really loved the graphics. I didn't know that emerald could be made into such a great hack. I also liked the music and the mission system. Though the grammer needs a little work, the rest of the game looks good except some minor bugs - but that's no problem. I have a few questions if you don't mind answering.

1. Which generation level up moves does the pokemon learn?
2. What do you mean by easter eggs/hidden events? Are there any in this beta?
3. Are there hidden items in this game except the ones inside the rocks?

Thanks for this hack. Keep up the good work.

Thanks!

1.) I'm following the movesets from OR/AS.
2.) I think I mean for that is Hidden Grottoes for hidden events. Easter eggs are for just something, something like why the color scheme of the Pokemon summary in the Pokemon menu is like that. Something event-wise is not in the game for a while.
3.) Yep. Maybe I'll have the Itemfinder soon too.

I've played through the Beta and I have to say that it is great!
My only conerns right now are the obvious grammar/spelling mistakes, which I'm sure will be fixed in due time!
Keep up the good work, looking forward to a new version!

Thanks! Jeez, many comments about my grammars. XD

played the beta and i want more, i dont have any bugs so good job keep it great. the music you put is beautiful i stand in every new area to listen every song. good luck with the project is awesome

Thanks! I'm glad you're loving the music.

So, I finshed the beta, what can I say, so far so good!
Execpt the grammar error, I'm sure they will be corrected later, i found a bug after a pokemon is catched, the info on the pokedex is not displayed correctly. (Sorry, cannot post screenshoots because i'm a new user)

Also, I noticed that the box where you store pokemon are able to keep only 420 pokemon, is it possible to expand that limit?
Last question, when the beta 2 will come out will I be able to play with the savegame of the first beta?

Looking forward to play the next beta! good luck with the project! =)

About the Pokemon is caught ("not catched"), did you just level up after catching it? If you did, that's the Capture-Experience System error. Will be fixing that soon, I guess.

I dunno if I can expand that but that is impossible for a while since I need to mess up with save files to give space for more boxes. And yeah! Too bad that every single formed Pokemon will not all fit. :/

Can't get it to work on VBA but it works well on NO$. Anyone have any luck on VBA or any suggestions to get it to work?

It is working on VBA (I'm using VBA-M and MyBoy (if I'm playing on Android)). It is just you need to adjust the settings of the emulator you are using. Make sure the save type is Flash 128kb.

Jeez! Many reported my grammatical errors. Damn! My former English teacher will gonna rape me (I was too stubborn then she was too desperate teaching me back then. Thug life!). XD

Well, I don't have any updates yet to be shown but I would reserve this post for updates.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Awesome hack, great sprites. Lots of rivals and sweet graphic details. It looks a lot like Dark Violet (my favorite hack).

I found some minor errors:
* Clefairy sprite from the healer lady near the last cave of the beta 1.0 it's Peeko?.
* On the same room, the double square exit only works on the right side.
* No footprints on the Pokedex
* Carbink info missing on the Pokedex
* Some grammar mistakes, but, nyeh, it's completely understandable anyways.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I guess you're right sky high and yes its supposed to be for DC TO DC only

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
I didn't finish the Beta yet, but just wanted to mention it is very good so far. I like how the Pokemon sprites are animated. I came across a bug though, my Mudkip didn't evolve at level 16. Other than that, what the others said and the grammar mistakes, It looks great!

Cosmic

JUKAI 2.0, BABY
Years
I played the beta, and besides a few dialogue errors and such, it's pretty good! Though, I lost to Felicia and I was sent to a glitchy Sootopolis for some reason. Other than that, everything's all good. Can't wait to see more!

Years
Probabaly best EM hack I played so far!!

Some noticible weirdo I through..
1)Iron head have similar atk animation as pond
2) feint attack has also got dargon breath animation too...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 16, 2016
I have a question, first off, AMAZING game I'm truly in love keep up the good work. But, for the question: will we be able to get all three starters (mudkip, treecko, torchic) later on in the game?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Is espurr in this game

It is (not) available but cannot be encountered in the wild. It would be in an area that is not available yet.

Sorry that there aren't any updates since its release. I've gone bored and tired in hacking nowadays. It is ever since that I've been doing it all day and everyday thus I've lost time on more important stuff. But, I really do not want to disband this game, and instead redo its storyline and stuff (since I've thought better stuff). However, I cannot do hacking by now. I will request a moderator to have this thread closed and further questions should be sent through VM or PM if you have any. I might come back sometime eventually. Thank you guys for all the support and comments! Gladly appreciate that! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back