• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Demons in Paradise (T)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Lucien gladly lets off on his mmock battle with Loki. The oncoming horde suggests something serious, and the heat wave rapidly approaching only makes it worse. "Well, this certainly makes the day more interesting!" He begins to back away from the oncoming fire, starting to be genuinely afraid. The vines around his tail wilt and fall off.

"Everyone, everyone, come here, lets gather in this cave!"

Lucien looks to where Loki is indicating, his fear replaced by a single fact: that cave is too small. "I'd never fit, little Lotad. Give the space to others!" He looks for somewhere else to hide, noticing Hoshimi.

"We need to put out the fire, anyone know watergun or something similar?" she asks as she arrives at the cave.

Lucien slides forward, waving his tail to get her attention. "I know a technique that can help. It's not water, but my Sludge Bomb can put out fires just the same." He opens his mouth, a deep purple orb forming inside. He pulls his head back, then thrusts it forward, spitting the ball of sludge toward the fire. It bursts open upon contact with the ground, covering the surrounding area with thick sludge. The sludge chokes out some of the fire, and covers the plants with non-flammable gunk, stopping the fire from spreading somewhat.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Hearing the calls of the vulpix, Loki had to inform her that a water gun wasn't enough. noticing the fact that the Seviper just was too big, it seemed to be fighting the fire with his sludge bomb, the thick oozy gunk somewhat trapping the flames from spreading further.

"I can't, watergun won't work!" Loki screamed to the Vulpix. "I've tried, its too resisstant!"

Fearing that the fire was unextinguishable he could at least cojoin the other pokemon's effort with his own. Even though he tried it and it failed his watergun was sure to provide some assistance to the Seviper and immune vulpix. Scurrying to the others, flaming embers floating through the now thick air, Loki shot a constant torpedo of water in all directions.

"Simple water attacks wont do, neither will the efforts of us three!" he soon can to reailse. "We need to gather others, and fast or the fire going to consume us!" Putting his quick thinking skills to the test (his small amount of them anyway,) he rushed back to his pond hoping that the slopowke he found earlier could be of help. After all legend says that their yawns can bring rain, perfect for a situation like this.

Unfortunately the slowpoke was no where to be seem, no glimpse of a slow, pink, pokemon anywhere. His hopes where slim, but he knew the lazy glump would be around somewhere. Returning to the others, once more, who still trying to fight the fires Loki demanded that one of us should stay behind and fight the fire while two of us and some others should search for the increasingly crucial pokemon. Loki, with millions of unanswered questions and mysteries floating around in his head, which him eager to find answers for continued fighting the fire, his lillypad drying up after every second of exposure to the searing hot flames, his skin dr and flaky, waited for their reactions.

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
    As the fire spread Pokémon fled from the flames. Emily noticed a group of Pokémon being ushered into a cave by a Lotad and ran to join them. She dashed over to join them in the safety of the cave. Near by a Vulpix was running against the current of Pokémon, dashing towards the flames.

"We need to put out the fire, anyone know watergun or something similar?" The small Pokémon shouted. A near by Seviper started firing thick sludge at the fire that smothered the flames. The Lotad that had ushered them into the cave rushed out to help, the Vulpix and the Seviper fight the flames. From behind the vine Emily considered the attacks she knew to see if they would be any help, she quickly came to the conclusion that the wouldn't. Beyond the wall of fire she spotted a brief glimpse of the object that had been the cause of this chaos, it was much closer now and she could make out it's shape, it was a large white Pokémon swimming towards them with several other Pokémon standing on its back, it looked nothing like any Pokémon she had ever seen but the others looked like some Psychic types she had heard descriptions of. Then she spotted the Blastoise from the beach. Quickly she darted out of the cave she was sheltering in and headed to the giant Water type. It was much easier now that most of the Pokémon had already fled. As she approached the large Pokémon she began to feel a little afraid and found that she couldn't talk.

"Fire." She squealed at the Blastoise , it turned to face her.

"Yes little one, I should have considered that already." The Blastoise said and took aim with it's mighty cannons, then it unleashed a torrent of water, spraying along the line of fire and extinguishing last of the blaze. "You should go now, those fowl demons are approaching, gather the others and run." The Blastoise yelled as he took a step forward and headed towards the smaller unusual Pokémon which were wading onto the beach. "Run! Now!" He yelled. "All of you run." He shouted, as he put his head down and charged at the attackers, his head down rushing through the trees ready to strike the nearest opponent with a Skull Bash.

"Come on. Follow me. Quickly." A certain excited fear filled Emily's veins as she yelled, it washed away all her fear. She looked at the Lotad, the Seviper and the Vulpix quickly and began to run faster than she had ever before in her life. The last remnants of smoke hung in the air and stung her eyes as she ran tears streaming down her face, from the smoke and from the fear. From the beach cam a mighty roar as the Blastoise smashed into something and the sound of water rushing. A second later sounds like thunder rumbled through the jungle silencing the Blastoise's war cries.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2012
    Hoshimi noted how the sludge both extinguished the flames but also appeared to be flame resistant. She dashes over to him "could you try and spread that around this area, the lotoad is right about the blaze resisting fire but the sludge is keeping it at bay, we can keep this area save while we try and gather some more pokemon? Ill try and s-" her words were cut short as a vierce blast of water burst through the trees and immediatly extinguished the flames. She had just managed to get back enough to avoid being soaked to the bone though the water that had reacher her pelt was soon evaporated from the warm fur. A small pokemon darted towards them from between the soggy trees and asked for them to follow, with a nod the vulpix bolted after her, immediatly a great weight of concern filled her as the Blastoise suddenly fell silent.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    The response from both the Seviper and Vulpix was now unecessary, with a petilil approching the Blastoise that Loki heard protected the island from most of the blaze screaming for help. The Blastoise who seemed to understand its plea raised its cannons and shot a burst of fresh water over the blaze, extinguishing the viscous flames, leaving the burnt trunks and vines, void black. The jubilance and relief of the dismissal of the fire was soon expelled ad Loki realised that the raging fire was just one of many atrocities to come. In the distance he saw what appeared to be a large white pokemon with several others hitching a ride on it's flat back. He turned his head, flicking it slightly to remove the drooping lillypad that blocked his vision. He saw the petilil staring at the same object as him. Before Loki knew it, the petilil dashed back into the forrest, tears trickling down its face.

"Come on. Follow me quickly" Loki heard a distressed voice.

In an instant he turned around lightning quick, his vision on the Blastoise who charged at the unknown attackers like a stampede of Ryhorn, seconds before, its war cry tearing through the air. Running at full speed, sweat accumulating underneath his lillypad, the Blastoise's cry was suddendly silenced. This only meant one thing, they're coming, whoever they are, whatever they want they're coming, and they're not letting anything get in their way.

Loki's eyes began to fill, tears of his own trickled down his cheeks, some stuck on the top of his beak. With little hope, Loki kept running, he kept running and running and running, his eyes fixated on the petilil. Looking back he couldn't see the vulpix, blastoise nor the Seviper. Only one though ran through his head at that moment.

Are they giving up?

Are they too late?

Are they...dead?

Years
    Amber suddenly turns around and bolts away with full speed.
    "What's going on?!" she yelps. "What was that explosion?!"
    She runs as fast as her tiny paws can carry her, and that's fast.
    Oh, she wishes that her parents would be here to protect her.
    She's just a small Eevee, what can she possibly do?
    Once hidden behinds some trees, she braces herself.
    She can't let this happen. She must fight if she has to.
    That's just how she is.

Years
    Although Blastoise has put out the worst of the fires, Lucien spits out a few more Sludge Bombs, creating a fire block around Loki's pond. The least he can do is keep this small area safe from flames, should they start up again. A Petilil runs by, followed by Hoshimi. "Come on. Follow me. Quickly." Loki turns to follow, and Amber bolts off in terror. A sound like thunder cuts through the forest, cutting short Blastoise's battle bellow. "Time, I think, to retreat."

Lucien turns to the Pokemon in Loki's cave, who are huddled together in fear. "I'd suggest running, but if you're all comfortable in that cave, stick together." With that, he darts off, headed after the others. As he passes some trees up ahead, he notices Amber out of the corner of his eye. She huddles behind the trees, seemingly defending this spot. "Strength in numbers, my little Eevee. You shouldn't be here by yourself." He lays his tail on the ground near her, offering her a ride. "Let's catch up to the others, hmm?"

Years
    "That'd be very nice." Amber smiles.
    Her intense fear for Sevipers fades. Maybe this one is different.
    She hastily looks around and hops onto Lucien's tail.
    "Where are we heading?" she wants to know.
    Something really weird is going on, and she has the feeling that there's a battle coming.
    Maybe it's intuition, maybe it's coincidence, but she's plain positive that it's going to turn out like that.
    Amber sighs nervously. "Lucien, do you have any idea what's going on?"
    While waiting for an answer, she thinks back of the battle that killed her parents. It's like those images are stuck in her head.
    She is unable to get rid of them.

Black Hawk

Char
    Years
    Iron Claw had wached the horror from the safty of the trees. She had rescued lots of hurt pokemon from the fire. She still smelled the smoke. It was a horrifiying sight, to most pokemon. A tall mysterious creature leapes out of the mighty flames, and pulls you onto its back, and takes you to safety.

"Well," she announced, reavealing herself to the pokemon. "that was quite horrifing. You all are brave. I have dicided to ask you to help me.You see, I have sensed a great danger. You are all strong and proud pokemon. Please, help me--help your fellow pokemon."

(ooc: sorry for the late post-- lots of homework :()

(this is when the fire started, if thats aloud)
    Iron Claw dashed from side to side, a large balls of fire were flung at her by a large white pokemon. She had just been enjoying the day, relaxing. Fire danced around her feet. She leaped to the side- narrowly missing the fire ball. A burning tree fell infront of her, scorching her with flames. "ahg!"
    Iron Claw leaped over the tree, choking on smoke. A large rock was flung at her head by the impact of another fire ball. She ducked, and the rock hit a bolder, that was infront of a cave. The bolder gave out a cry! It was a Golem! He had been protecting the pokemon in the cave, wich would withstand the fire. Once she saw they were safe, she ran on. Then she noticed a group of pokemon puting out the fire. So she helped the only way she could. She dashed into the flames.

Last edited:
    Years
    "Where are we heading?" Amber wants to know.

"Away from the beach, of course. I don't think we'd like whatever comes to shore, my little Eevee."

Amber sighs nervously. "Lucien, do you have any idea what's going on?"

"Well, clearly we're being invaded." He slows momentarily, moving Amber closer to his head so she can't fall of as easily. When he's confident she's secure, he moves forward again, searching for Hoshimi, Loki, and Emily. "Whoever is coming wants something from us, and they're willing to fight for it. So I suggest we stick together and drive them back. Just looking for those others. We need all the help we can get." He chuckles suddenly. "Well, maybe you don't, tough little thing that you are, but I'd still feel safer in a group."

Years
    "I-Invaded?" Amber repeats, trembling.
    She's clearly insecure about the situation and clings onto Julien tightly.
    "We have to fight indeed! This is OUR island! OUR paradise! OUR HOME!" she shouts in determination.
    Due to this sudden change of mood, she starts groaning.
    "And do you really think I'm tough? That's a nice thing to say, thank you." she blushes.

Raveness

Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2012
    re I'm done

[SIZE="a"]Sorry people I quit this rp because this is to ruly to many rules. And I'm makin my own... Where you can be a Pokemon hybrid with whatever powers u want! It's called the hero alliance!

So bye! This was fun![/SIZE]

Black Hawk

Char
    Years
    [SIZE="a"](ooc: ok I guess this is my repost... Ignore my last one.)

Iron Claw walked out into the open, and looked. Trees were burning, and she was covered in ashes. Her white coat was now a deep grey color. "That was quite scary..." she thought. Her long coat was in singes. She cut her coat with her claw. It was thin and good looking. Then, she came across a seviper and a small eevee with large paws. "Pardon me, but do you mind if I join you? I need to tell you something extremely important."[/SIZE]

Years
    Name: Kaakui

Species: Nincada

Age: Unknown (she is relatively juvenile, or a teenaged Pokemon)

Appearance:
    Pokémon: Demons in Paradise (T)

Kaakui is a less than average Nincada. Oddly, she is possessed by the mushrooms usually adorned by Paras. Her skin is a leather black color and her claws match her wings unlike other Nincada. A tear on her left wing is another distinguishing feature. The color of her eyes are also different; savagely red.

Personality: Kaakui is not at all amiable. Firstly she is incapable of speech, which renders her very bitter when other Pokemon attempt to communicate with her. She is immediately reclusive to almost any situation and extremely vengeful to those who in any way disturb her. Kaakui is also not of sound mind, due to the parasitic mushrooms that grow on her back. She often goes into untimely fits of rage, depression, and in some cases total paralysis.

When forced to interact with other Pokemon, she will slowly take a very unopen tone of behavior with them. Her motive is simply for them to go away and leave her be. The only Pokemon she will directly show interest in are her fellow bug Pokemon. She reveals herself more willingly when confronted by them.

She is a very quiet Pokemon on her own and gets on well enough alone. She prefers to hide herself in the ground than stay out in the open when it comes time for her to rest.

History: Hatched in a deep and dark trench where few trees grew, Kaakui was malnourished through her childhood. Additionally, she was sealed off from most of the other Nincada who had been born on higher plateaus with more trees. The few that lived alongside her had died of the wet and cool environment that persistently wreaked havoc on them. However, there were many Paras who lived alongside them and when all but her had died, they began to show much more interest in Kaakui. At this stage in her life, she had not developed her cold bitter attitude. She was accepting of the Paras and even got to know them, not through speech, but by being with them and of general body motion.

Eventually, constant contact with the Paras led her to grow mushrooms on her back as well. This was surprising to her, but she began to accept it as the mushrooms marked her as a member of the Paras. The first couple of weeks with the mushrooms were devestating as they grew in; she became violently sick and could do little more than move from one root to another, forcing herself to take nutrition in constantly. The poison wreaked havoc as she slowly allowed her body to become used to them. However, they slowly lost their potentcy as Kaakui did not have the organs inside of her to produce the poisons needed to enhance the spores' original poisons.

One day she was snatched up by Fearow, but an updraft and the oddity of Kaakui herself startled the Fearow and his clutch let loose, sending her tumbling through the tree branches and crashing down on the forest floor. There was nothing else to it. Kaakui was lost to the outside world and had no idea where she was. She was alone, distraught, hungry, and unfamiliar with all the new things around her.

The first few days out of her home were spent hiding in the ground. She was far too frightened to leave where she had ended up, hoping the Paras would come find her. Of course, they would not, but she kept these hopes up. Eventually, hunger drover her out and she immediately scuttled to the nearest plant, snatching hold and sapping nutrients from it. It was much sweeter and stronger than any other thing she had tasted. However, this momentary joy was shattered as a loud hissing caught her attention. Kaakui immediately turned to face her attacker; a lone Ekans, coiled tightly around a tree branch on the other side of the clearing. she quickly began to dig, tossing up clods of dirt as she frantically attempted to escape. The Ekans slid down from the branch, dropping to the forest floor and sliding itself back and forth along the ground as Kaakui continued her effort to hide. As it approached she covered herself up, digging faster as it reached her hiding spot. And this is how she lived; afraid and alone.

(Hope the mushrooms aren't too much of an add-on. Because I'd really love to keep them.)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Loki looked once more in hope that he see the slithering seviper, its tounge flickering sharply as it spoke and the vulpix with its jewel crowned between its ears. He slopwly twisted his head, still running however and to his delight he saw them, running just as frantically as himself. They looked worried. 'Maybe, I should stop and run to them?' Loki though for a moment; if he went, he could put them all in danger, he could slow them and him down, easy prey to the unknown predators. '"I miust send them some sort of signal.' He thought. 'Hah, I know!' Loki took a deep breathe, channelling it from his stomach to his mouth until he released a water gun high into the air, hopefully they'd be able to recongnise this. Though being visible, they were still quite far away.

Years
    "Pardon me, but do you mind if I join you? I need to tell you something extremely important." An Absol appears, requesting to join.

Lucien nods, flashing a quick grin. "What do you say, my little Eevee? Shall we let the harbinger of bad luck and natural disaster join our little cadre? I see Absol-lutely no reason not to accept her." He nods to Iron Claw, laughing darkly at his own joke. "What important something?"

Suddenly, a geyser of water appears above the tree line, not far away. "Talk as we move, girl. I think our new friends are close by. Our resistance group is growing!"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back