• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Diamond partial "premake"/ Graphics to hack over

When should I release a beta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
  • It's a patch of ruby and it's not the one that says naetoru as that will just insert Naetoru it's the one that says diamond that has Naetoru in it allready. The lab is in the top right hand building of futaba - [first town] and contains the pokemon bag... Alpha goes to the second town.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Argh!, I hate megaup..., it never lets me download anything from my country. Can something be done about it? Oh well, in the mean time I'll feast my eyes with the screenshots.
    Great work!

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • No problem I'll try uploading by the attachments, I heard they're working now. Check my first post!

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • OK, thanks. I've downloaded it, I'll play it tomorrow and give my comments. I'll sure find an awesome work! :)

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Thanks, but you all know that I check numerous sites daly for D/P news so I find most stuff.
    Pokémon Diamond partial "premake"/ Graphics to hack over

Credit to D-Man, Gridiron and closetman341 for this proffessor sprite. And thanks to "fedex" for inserting it - my TLP messes up for some reason I'm really greatful for this and he also did some testing and a little correcting so I'll do some mapping and release alpha 1.2 -Yeah expect common releases from now on.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    It's looking good man. I played the alpha, and it was alright.

I just wish that you'd put in some scripting, that's all.

Are you gonne script for subsequent releases of the alpha?

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Thanks everyone, yeah I might put some scripts in... But first if anyone can find the maps of futaba and the first route id appreciate it. But if not I can find them. Im still ploding along with the hack

ash_ketchum5

Future Pokemon Pearl Owner
    Years
  • i`m trying to buy a nds super card so i can see the japanese version without buying it and i`ll send you some helpful screenshots! ;)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Finally I played it and so I must say, visually it's awesome. I enjoyed the trees and the grass and roads. The house looks a bit strange with just two colors for the roof, but I think it'll work anyway.
    Too bad I couldn't get a poke, I got a bit frustrated trying to get to the next town. Is Birch's bag somewhere close?, you should at least move it so the player can still interact with it, get the poke and start the adventure without having to play without pokemon. (Well, perhaps you already fixed that, I don't know)

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    If you're gonna say something like that, at least say what needs work.

But you should understand that this is an alpha which only displays the changed graphics (which are really well done by the way).

There were no real edits to the script.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Finally I played it and so I must say, visually it's awesome. I enjoyed the trees and the grass and roads. The house looks a bit strange with just two colors for the roof, but I think it'll work anyway.
    Too bad I couldn't get a poke, I got a bit frustrated trying to get to the next town. Is Birch's bag somewhere close?, you should at least move it so the player can still interact with it, get the poke and start the adventure without having to play without pokemon. (Well, perhaps you already fixed that, I don't know)
    It's in the top right building in Futaba ;)

dipset4ever can u please explain more as ray said, it can most probably be improved, if it envolves scripting I thought I have already mentioned that the Alpha contains non

Thanks ray!
    ash: thanks but I don't like to use things from pokesho, I don't now if they like people using their graphics anyway...

Nox30_04

Traveller
    Years
  • I like it..the only glitches I found though is when going into the item bag the game would reset and no wild pokemon but otherwise...looks great so far

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • I like it..the only glitches I found though is when going into the item bag the game would reset and no wild pokemon but otherwise...looks great so far
    That's a one-off it's just the copy u have. try a different rom or repatch it should work :)
    Kinda cheezy backgrounds, but it shows your workin hard.
    LOL, in what way?

Still workin hard but have had a break today so far :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back