• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Shadow of the Wastes

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
wow, didnt expect to see that lolz. those graphics look pretty amazing.....compared to solar and lunar's (wow i really need to work on my graphics myself) anyways its great to see stuff like this and cant wait to see more of you and your work kaylee

(although just a minor flaw that i see. some of your new graphics just dont seem to blend with like the old floor tile or the chair, again though just a little something ya might want to fix)

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
Ah, no, I'm not keeping the old stuff. Like I said, not completely finished.
But... I actually revamped the floor somewhat... Just, floor kind of has to look flat, you know? If I figure something out to do with the floor, I will do so, but right now I am mostly happy with it. Maybe it just looks the way it does because of the other old things, and how small the changes are?

EDIT: (it's too, too quiet here... ;~; )
Thought I'd post another screenie. Before too long I guess I will put up a screenie section in the first post, but I'm much too busy actually working on the game to bother with it now... >.<

This screenie is of the Pokédex screen, which I have entirely revamped the graphics of:

ScreenieTeaser4.jpg

Last edited:
Years
Ah, no, I'm not keeping the old stuff. Like I said, not completely finished.
But... I actually revamped the floor somewhat... Just, floor kind of has to look flat, you know? If I figure something out to do with the floor, I will do so, but right now I am mostly happy with it. Maybe it just looks the way it does because of the other old things, and how small the changes are?

EDIT: (it's too, too quiet here... ;~; )
Thought I'd post another screenie. Before too long I guess I will put up a screenie section in the first post, but I'm much too busy actually working on the game to bother with it now... >.<

This screenie is of the Pokédex screen, which I have entirely revamped the graphics of:

ScreenieTeaser4.jpg

WOW!!!!! THAT"S REALLY GOOD KAYLEE!!!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Not bad; however, I'm not too keen on the font used for the word 'Pokédex'. It doesn't match with the default Pokémon font; you should probably change that. To change the default fonts, edit the SpriteWindow section; look for these lines:
Code:
$VersionStyles=[
 [MessageConfig::FontName],
 ["Pokemon RS"],
 ["Pokemon FireLeaf"],
 ["Pokemon DP"],
 ["Pokemon RS Intl"]
]
You'll also want to change these lines (also in SpriteWindow) for the alternate fonts used:
Code:
def pbSetSmallFont(bitmap)
  bitmap.font.name=["Pokemon Emerald Small","Arial Narrow","Arial"]
  bitmap.font.size=25
end
def pbSetNarrowFont(bitmap)
  bitmap.font.name=["Pokemon Emerald Narrow","Arial Narrow","Arial"]
  bitmap.font.size=31
end

EDIT: Wow, just saw your tiles. They're very impressive; they make a nice change from the typical 16x16 tiles used.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
^^ Well, at least I did something right!
Actually, I noticed that the font doesn't fit; it's still all pixellated (which is how it was meant to be, but not how my game should look). Didn't know how to fix it though, so thank you very much for the help.

Now I just have to choose the fonts I think would look best and fix it. :D

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
This is going to come out really well I love the look of those tiles and the spriting of the pokemon is rather impressive, this really adds a new twist to pokemon itself. I alps thought the story was pretty good, but I didn't read much of anything else (Short attention span LOL) either way I hope to see this game make it through, much luck ;)

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I just saw the tiles used for the room, looks really well. The light shading on the blue foot stool thing is a bit to bright compared to the two couches, but I'm not sure if that was pointed out, I just glanced over the thread.
Good job overall on the tiles, really neat looking.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
^^ Yay! I thought people would like my tiles... I hoped so. ^^" Yeah, I noticed the stool, too - I may have to fix that... >.<

^^ Right now I'm drawing the two legendaries, and so, as it happens, I now have their names. Quamortox - the dragon of Poison Mountain and the dragon of death - and Lifloral, a grass dragon, the dragon of life.

That's /kwuh-MORE-talks/ and /lie-FLOOR-ul/. And the region is /ah-LA-see/.
Simply because I was asked about the pronunciation of Alacci once so I thought I'd clarify for everyone.

EDIT: So, I was thinking. If people can get me Wav.s of the official 493 Pokémon saying their name, without any background noise (this can be somehow gotten from the anime, or done by a good impersonator among you), then I'll pitch in for my fakemon so the Pokémon will say their name for their cries instead of the usual game cries.

Also anyone who helps would have a place in the credits. ^_~

Last edited:

Iluminknight

Crunch! Add it to the heap!
Years
I've been incredibly preoccupied with a plethora of things, but enough excuses, I've finally got something for you. I worked pretty hard, but I finally got the Clear Island piece you wanted. I hope it's just as nice as you wanted. If you dont like it, let me know, I emailed it to you. Thank you.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
I appreciate that. Especially the offer. I don't know how well it would work for somebody else to do some of the sprites though, since they have to look like *points at sprites in first post* those. Maybe it would work if you sprite something and then I make it look like that? or can you make sprites with gradients like that too...? >.< After all, I want the graphics to match. But I do really appreciate the offer.

Also, I sprited Ash. Too busy to post it right now though. I just felt I really should reply to machomuu... XP

EDIT: Before too long, I may have a fun feature to announce... much better than TVs... fufufufufu... >.<

Don't want to announce it before I'm sure it's working right, though. :D I have part of it done, and I like it, but there's still a bit to do...

Last edited:
Years
I agree with machomuu, you didn't have to go through too much to be comfortable with this forum. You wouldn't seem to be one who really gets annoyed by these things anyway.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
FEATURE ANNOUNCEMENT!

Guess what, everybody, it is WORKING! Which means I can announce it!

The new feature...
*drumroll...*

You can walk with Eevee, or even ANY of its evolutions! (Currently only the official ones are set up, but the way I did this, it will be simple, if a bit tedious, to add the rest later. :D)

17Glaceon.jpg

Even though it will work with any Eevee, not just your starter, it's pretty cool, neh? BUT, even better, you can also return your Pokémon any time if you need to do something that can't be done with someone following you, and next time you return to your house or a Pokécenter, you'll be able to call the Pokémon back out!

This will be implemented on a Pokémon bed or a platform, but for now, I chose other spots because I don't have the new tile done yet.

So, without further ado... I have some more screenies of it for you!
In spoilers because there are several...

Spoiler:

Note that none of the OWs are final. The Pokémon are Mystery Dungeon rips and need revamped to fit the new colors/shading/etc. The Female Hero OW is only partially done, and I wanted to announce this too badly to wait another day or so for me to finish it, so I just changed it back to Crystal for these.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
^^ Thanks. I was hoping it would get a good reception. I was so happy I figured out how to make it work. There will probably be a few little quirks, but, you know. Nobody's perfect. Now to go finish the Heroine's OW and work on that bed/pedestal tile. I think it will be a bed, unless a lot of people want the pedestal.

EDIT: I have the bed done, but meh...

Anyway, busy, busy, but I thought I'd show you that Ash sprite I mentioned earlier...

ash.jpg

Which reminds me... I need to redo my Team Rocket sprite. Should be much easier to do without a color limitation... well, in one way, at least. Mostly I'm working on the tileset graphics right now, though... Except, to keep you up to date, what I was actually doing before I posted this was recoloring Eevee's OW.

Last edited:

Iluminknight

Crunch! Add it to the heap!
Years
Wow the screen shots look fantastic, and the ash looks amazing too! Looks professional lol! I really like the whole gradient shading style, makes things look so much nicer. I'm exited just thinking about it hahaha.

So anyhow, I just sent you the Miraou Cave piece again, this time I completely scrapped the old one, which admittedly I rushed lol, and I accidentally wrote the single most epic piece I've ever written. I'm surprised. Anyhow, I hope you like it :D. And thanks for the feedback on Clear Island, glad you like it.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
That is AMAZING. That totally sets the mood I was looking for! Wow!

No more rushing music! XD

No, really, though, there is no need to rush anyway. People around here may be going "Oh, no, oh, no, I need to get a release out!"... But not me. Take your time, because my motto is quality before speed. Sure, I'd love to get a release out, but, I want it to be the best release I can put forward.

And if you can do that just by taking your time... :D

I've been writing some stuff myself, and I've been getting better the more I practice. I have a Forest Town and Forest Town night piece that I'm pretty happy with, although of course, I may do something better later and scrap it..

Which reminds me, any time you feel inspired, even if it's a piece you already wrote for me, feel free to try it again if you want. I'd be able to choose the piece I think is better for the game... and besides, we all get better the more we practice. Also you can try some remixes of Pokémon music if you want - I've been doing that too, but the more pieces I have to choose from, the better the final soundtrack will be.

Hey, what would you say to putting out a soundtrack when this is done? If people like it, I mean. Just curious. :)

EDIT: I just finished de-capitalizing the Pokédex. None of you will probably appreciate what a royal pain that was, but, whatever... It's done now. Off to work again... XP

Last edited:

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
Years
OMG! The screenshots, they're.....they're awesome! They have increased my impatience for the game's release 100%!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back