• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Shadow of the Wastes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
@Illuminknight:
^^" I'm using MIDI files when I make music for the game, I see no reason why I can't use MIDIs from you, too... unless there's some reason you can't send them.
Also, I liked the song that was meant as a town piece, but I'm not sure what to do with it at the moment (I have something I like for Forest Town, though I might change my mind). Just so you know.

@machomuu:
o^^o Thank you! I'm doing my best.

No real news for everybody, I'm afraid. I've been putzing about a bit. I'm still working, just not a lot right this minute, if you understand. And trying to fix up my avatar, for no real good reason except that I want to. Because, sometimes you just have to do something just because you want to. Otherwise life can get really annoying, really fast.

I did redo Forest Town somewhat, but I doubt that this map is final either, because the tileset isn't finished. Until it is, I can't really make a final map, because the tiles are the map, in a sense, so changing them can mean you need to change the map.

Iluminknight

Crunch! Add it to the heap!
Years
Oh, well actually I just decided to go do the work for enough money that I finally bought a new music writing program, one that prints sheet music, writes midis and converts them to mp3s and its all high quality. :D

So I'm getting to learn that, I can use the program to retouch all the old midis for the soundtrack. I didn't know you wanted me to send you the midis lol, so expect one LARGE email of midis of all the soundtrack I've written. That saves me a lot of trouble lol.

Apparently I'm really good at remixing stuff, because my Team Aqua/Magma Admin Battle remix (link in signature, the top one) is actually getting some good views and people are liking it. If you want me to remix stuff from any GBA pokemon game or earlier I can do that for you. I think I'm better at remixing than writing my own original music hahaha. But I'm still trying. With that new program I can finally do some really neat effects. So I'm getting back to work on your list now that I got that new software, hope it works.

Iluminknight

Crunch! Add it to the heap!
Years
Regarding my last post, turns out that music writing program I purchased did not do what I thought it did, and what it does it does poorly. Nothing grinds my gears more than a music writing program without a mixer. If I don't like the instruments I picked and I'm almost done with the song, I should be able to change the instrument!

Besides that, any updates? I haven't seen you post anything in a while. I'm still checking back in about every week. Is something holding you up? Any problems?

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
Years
Kaylee's probably doing, IDK, something. But if she's been workin on this at all, based on what I've seen, it'll be awesome.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
Oh, I've been working. I reworked the intro and absolutely do NOT want to spoil it. Other than that, graphics, graphics, graphics. My brother says graphics are what takes the longest on any game... I don't know about that (he says it with no actual experience), but I know they're going to take a while.

Shame about that music program, Illuminknight. I'm still good with MIDIs, though, whatever software you're using. Could you try a remix of the title theme? Just something that sounds reasonably like the Pokémon title theme, which they tend to remix for the different games. Maybe with a slightly haunting tone to it. If you can't though, that's fine too.

And thanks for the confidence in me, PLC, I'm flattered. o^^o

PokemonLeagueChamp

Years
Well, based on what I've already seen, I know it'll be great! :D

ROM's are better. Graphics are already made, except for custom sprites. :p

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
*Looks between ROM graphics and my own*

Now, hold up, PLC. I could use your standard Pokémon game-boy game graphics if I wanted. I could sprite and do tiles like that, double the size, and use the premades for everything else.

But tell me, can you really look at the graphics I made and say you want the old ones back? Even though I know it will take longer, I sure can't truthfully say I want the old graphics back. I want my graphics. It's just going to take a while.

Sounds conceited, maybe, or maybe just pitiful, but this game might be the most epic thing I do with my life. And I'm going to do it right. No matter how long it takes.

Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now and go do something constructive... XD

EDIT: I should get you a before-and-after of Forest Town. XD

PokemonLeagueChamp

Years
Sure, let's have a look at Forest Town. That'd be interesting to see.

Well, with pre-made graphics, I have time to make, I don't know, a complex storyline? I mean, I get the non-linear idea, but there needs to be some linear stuff or you could wind up facing LVL 40 wild pokes with a LVL 7 Squirtle. Won't end well. Unless routes are placed in, well, SOME kind of way.
Of course, spriting, mapmaking, and music stuff is a pain in the butt.

Posted at 12:48 AM?! Insomnia much?

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
There will be things which are... linear. The complete storyline hasn't formed in my head, thankfully, because if it had - if it was all planned out, more than a concept - then I would get highly frustrated at my lack of progress, and probably give up on this just like the stories I sometimes write. Don't worry. I intend to do the story when I get that far, and I even have a nice intro worked up.

But I can't rush this, or it won't be nearly as epic as I intend it to be.

EDIT: Although there is a ... training phase ... where you'll be doing a lot of training. In the Training House. I guess I should make prizes for that: perhaps I will, perhaps I won't, though.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

--And just to make this clear...

I'm relying on the player's choices to decide how challenging the battles are. I'm giving the player ways to level up (and the golden bot, up to a certain level, will be a big one - I intend on giving that bot a very high exp payout), and the player can train until they think they are ready for the Pokémon they'll be facing. I've had that planned from the start. The general level you'll be safe with bigger things is 30, and the events will be somewhat linear (and have a timeline-ish); just not normally as shove-your-nose-in-it as the normal games.

Again (I've said to others, and now I will say it here on the thread), I'm not saying anyone esle should follow my lead, or have the battles and levels work the way they will in SotW. I just need to do it this way. It's how Alacci was always meant to be, since I first started developing on it.

Anyway. I have a screen recording program now, and it seems to be working. That means, when I'm ready, I can roll out the avi's, trim 'em up in Windows Movie Maker, get a YouTube account, and (hopefully!) wow you all with awesome. Maybe.

Here's to hoping it's that easy.

(Still, I want to get the walking stages of the heroine done before I do it. Maybe SOME crazy graphics are okay, but while her front and back poses are done, the right and left look like another girl still. I've gotten mostly used to it in playtesting, but I don't want to subject an audience to it... and by gosh, THAT worthy project is STILL a pain in my dash.)
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay. I want to ask for a little help - although I can deal with it if I don't get it. Does somebody out there have the rest of the move-effects scripts? The ones that don't exist, for the D/P move effects. If so, would you be willing to share, and PM me them? I'm going to insert as many D/P moves as I can without the new effects, and I'm going to do some of the attacking ones without their special effects. But it would be even better if somebody could be so kind as to help me out.

I'll be good and not try to bribe you with a spot in the credits (whoever helps has a right to one, not as a bribe), but if I get those effects (I'll need to know who scripted them - and if it was you, great - because their name will need to go in the credits, too, unless they don't want it there)...

One time I fiddled with copy-pasting script, and it worked well, but another time it malfunctioned very nicely, so I'm a little slow to try it again. And copy-pasting (I understand only enough of the code to do that, and only sometimes, obviously)... Copy-pasting won't cut it for some of these, I think.

But again, I'll get them or I won't, and if I don't, I'll do what I can without them.

Last edited:

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
I need your opinion...

SHINY POKéMON! Some of the colors are great - others, not so much. What I'm asking for here, is what should be changed, and what should be left alone. Any suggestions are fine; but I reserve the right to make my own decisions about it in the end, and even go against popular opinion - IF I feel very strongly about something.

Red Gyrados and Golden Magikarp will NOT be changed. (I'm thinking you'll like that... ^^)

Dragonite's shiny color WILL be changed, because I hate that green. I was thinking white.

Altaria's coloring probably will NOT be changed. I think the yellow is pretty.

Now... suggestions, suggestions! Comments! Something other than the Kricketots and Kricketunes that I've been having to listen to around here!

Years
SHINY POKéMON! Some of the colors are great - others, not so much. What I'm asking for here, is what should be changed, and what should be left alone. Any suggestions are fine; but I reserve the right to make my own decisions about it in the end, and even go against popular opinion - IF I feel very strongly about something.

Red Gyrados and Golden Magikarp will NOT be changed. (I'm thinking you'll like that... ^^)

Dragonite's shiny color WILL be changed, because I hate that green. I was thinking white.

Altaria's coloring probably will NOT be changed. I think the yellow is pretty.

Now... suggestions, suggestions! Comments! Something other than the Kricketots and Kricketunes that I've been having to listen to around here!

I think Draitini's should be silver :)
Or maybe a pale blue

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
SCREENSHOTS!

Lots of screenshots. Lots and lots and lots of... oh. Right. You get it.

18_pokescreen.jpg

Yeah. I don't want to kill people on dialup, so they'll be in sections of spoiler tags.

Also, a reminder (again) - not all the tiles are done, not all the OWs are done, and in general, not everything in these screenies is final.

Your Parents' house...?
Spoiler:

Forest Town
Spoiler:

Forest Path (north)
Spoiler:

Abidon Manor... the player's house
Spoiler:

Pine Pokémon Lab
Spoiler:

A Shed...
Spoiler:

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
Years
  • Age 32
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
You wrote an interesting storyline. I especially like the concept on Team Adauchi. who could have been anyone!

Years
WOW!!!! Kaylee!! I'm so curious as to what we're gonna be doing! Those screens get me so anxious :D Especially the snooping around much! And all the errors in there you said you're gonna take care of :)

RESTART45

I make ideas you make hacks
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2013
I can't wait

YE HAW! i can't wait for a demo!this looks even better than platinum. I like the new pokemon u put in and the eevee starter. I feel if as eevee gives the player the most choices in which to evolve. Once the demo is out plz post it RIGHT AWAY!

your fan and supporter
~restart45

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
^^ haha. It's enthusiasm like that that makes my day.
Although, better than Platinum... well, it's a start. There were some nice things in Platinum, so I'll take it as the compliment it was meant as. :P

The northern part of Forest Path - from Forest Town to Valley Town - is mapped, and I'm working on Valley Town.

And graphics. More graphics. Always more graphics. XD

RESTART45

I make ideas you make hacks
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2013
the suspention is killing me!

awesome.I can't wait for the demo (like i said b4) so in this ame you dont need an emulator to play it? I've seen alot of pokemon game threads but this on seems like the best from the bunch

your fan and suporter
~restart45

and 1 more thing. Me and my friends make pokemon. so if you want anything just tell me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back