• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Shadow of the Wastes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Lol, pkmnlgchmp, that's awesome!

Also, the song is amazing for the mirau cave isn't it??
He put it on youtube, it's amazing!

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2010
Dude you've got some really cool ideas and from what I've seen so far you've put them together really well. Can't wait to be able to play this.

I have a question about the Eevees being able to walk outside of their pokeballs... will shiny versions look shiny walking around? Will you be including shiny versions?

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
With the way I have this working right now, it would be kind of hard to make it shiny, because the event only checks to see if the species is in your party. I'd need a little help to be able to implement an event that would let you choose the specific party Pokémon to walk, and check for shininess on that Pokémon, because I'm still somewhat new.

For a bit of an update on things I've been doing, since I've been so quiet recently...

I've been working on a factions and reputation system that is based on variables and may or may not make it into the game. I normally don't mention these things, and I won't mention all the things I might do with it, because I don't want to get all of your hopes up for nothing.

But, as it stands, there are different factions, such as the lab workers or the teams, who will interact differently with the player depending on their rating of approval with that faction, from 0-100, with 50 being, "we don't know you, or we just don't care".

I was working on getting the lab in Forest Town to work with it.

Also... Your actions may have consequences. Unless I fry my own brain with implementing it. Right now, if you say you don't want to take the Pokédex, and you're serious about it... Well, you won't have a Pokédex for a while after that, and who knows when or if you'll get another chance to take one... >D

Anyway, thanks to everyone who thinks this game is worth continuing. It really makes my day when I read those kind of comments.

Years
With the way I have this working right now, it would be kind of hard to make it shiny, because the event only checks to see if the species is in your party. I'd need a little help to be able to implement an event that would let you choose the specific party Pokémon to walk, and check for shininess on that Pokémon, because I'm still somewhat new.

For a bit of an update on things I've been doing, since I've been so quiet recently...

I've been working on a factions and reputation system that is based on variables and may or may not make it into the game. I normally don't mention these things, and I won't mention all the things I might do with it, because I don't want to get all of your hopes up for nothing.

But, as it stands, there are different factions, such as the lab workers or the teams, who will interact differently with the player depending on their rating of approval with that faction, from 0-100, with 50 being, "we don't know you, or we just don't care".

I was working on getting the lab in Forest Town to work with it.

Also... Your actions may have consequences. Unless I fry my own brain with implementing it. Right now, if you say you don't want to take the Pokédex, and you're serious about it... Well, you won't have a Pokédex for a while after that, and who knows when or if you'll get another chance to take one... >D

Anyway, thanks to everyone who thinks this game is worth continuing. It really makes my day when I read those kind of comments.

I know its a week since this post, but I had almost lost hope that you would be continuing this game. Anyway the approval should not be that hard to code, and it can actually be checked using switches.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
^^ Naw, I just meant frying my brain keeping track of all the different things the player might have done. But thanks anyway.

Just to let you all know I've been having family issues and... stuff, and have been taking a bit of a break, but I still hope to finish this when I can... and wow you all with awesome. XD Just kidding... about the wowing, of course. ^^

Years
So what's up Kaylee, anything new? OR are you just tired and in need of some more rest? I'm with ya no matter what so...

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
Well, like I said, I'm not quitting. I've been having family problems and feeling depressed, but this really isn't the place to discuss that. Off and on, I've been working, but I don't get as much done at once because I just can't keep my enthusiasm up, and the stress is tiring. But it's starting to dawn on me just how long this might take... XD

Anyway, I'm still quite a ways from any kind of release, but I think the first release will have two towns (probably, we'll see): Forest Town of course, then the route north of that, and Valley Town with the Training Hall. That means my first beta (yes, I'm calling them betas, because games have betas also, and a demo is a trial of a finished game) my first beta will have two Pins available to the player.

I have to include Valley Town for you people to get anywhere, because the Training House is vital to your quest in a game where the Mini-Leaders have level 40 Pokemon. I realize that it's a lot of training, but I hope that exploring and finding random items, and talking to people who begin to form opinions about you (hopefully I implement that part) - I'm hoping that that will ease the tedium a little. I also will provide a chance at a Macho Brace, and who knows? maybe even a Lucky Egg somewhere... ^o^

But again, I reiterate, I'm still quite a ways from that release.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
Years
Sounds pretty good. Good to hear more progress.
Of course it'll take a while, no one said this would be easy. Just kep at it, I'm sure this game will be great! :)

Iluminknight

Crunch! Add it to the heap!
Years
I am finally back from vacation among other things. And I have written the town piece, yah I actually found a tune that sort of fits the quite setting of a small town. I think I have covered almost all of your list of songs to write so if you could give me a new list that would be great. Thanks, and glad to see the progress, the game looks amazing. Take care.

PS: I should be more active now that I am back.

Iluminknight

Years
So again I've been working on the very small remainder of your list of songs you wanted, however there's only like 2 songs left on the list, which I essentially covered before, because the Clear Island piece could be used for the beach routes and the Miraou have already essentially been covered. I would really like a new list though lol, so I can have something new to work on. I will still try to get out a beach route song and maybe another Miraou piece, but I really need a new list. So if you could please give me one that would be great :). Thank you. Take care.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
Hi all! I'm visiting relatives right now, but we brought my computer, so I'll still be working some when I can. Right now I'm trying to work on tiles, but later, who can say? My uncle is good with computers and computer languages, so maybe he can figure out something about the scripting and then fill me in. We'll have to wait and see... It's not something I would count on though. People can get kind of busy around here.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And for Illuminknight:

Sorry I didn't get the message before. Anyway, the Clear Island piece is meant only for Clear Island. Now, I have to admit it's hard for me to figure out what to ask for sometimes, when I don't have the maps ready. But I'll try. I'll need to hear the Forest Town piece, because I have also written some for Forest Town, and I will compare to see what to do there.

I need route pieces though. The routes have one main, paved road, and at least one rest house on them, but they run through different terrain. A forest route and a snowy route you can write for. And of course the beach route. Also some routes run through plains.

For wilderness pieces, you can try a desert, a meadow, and a mine.

Also I need a piece for the North Road. Though North Road is technically a route, it's more like wilderness. It runs through wasteland, full of dead and dying plants and poisoned water, with a poisonous mist hanging low over it. The piece for that should be a little ominous, but mostly sad.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
Thanks.

Anyway, my allergies are pretty bad so I don't think I'll be inside much to work. But I have been working on outdoor tiles and I have a couple trees I think look pretty nice. Should hopefully be able to work again when I get home, but we'll be out here until August 5th or so.

Iluminknight

Years
Thanks, that's quite the hefty list there lol. I'm getting right on it, starting with the sad piece for the North Road. That song I recently emailed you was actually just a generic town piece, I didn't write it for any specific themed town or region actually, just a generic town piece. I guess the point of it was so that it could really be used anywhere lol. I'm making good progress on the North Road piece, I scrapped my first draft of it because it was more creepy and less sad. I'm curious if you have any sort of estimate for when you can get can out a small beta, like just of you being able to run around the first town or something? I really cant wait to try it lol. I also want to see if the music I wrote fits with the certain areas I wrote it for, because like you said, its kind of hard to ask for a song for a place you haven't created yet. So umm, I hope you've been having a good trip and I look forward to any updates you may have.

PS: Good luck with the allergies, I had some really nasty ones earlier this year.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
Well, I'm back home now.

It's kind of rough, though, to map when the tiles aren't done, which is why it will take a while for me to release any kind of a beta. I guess that's why I'm working so extensively on tiles. I think everybody will have to deal with the OWs, though, not being the final ones because doing the OWs is kind of challenging for me.

I still have quite a ways to go before I can have enough tiles, and I don't want to rush. But I do have three tree tiles inserted into the tileset, and the ones I've used in forest town look very nice. I may, however, completely remap the maps I've done (at least outside), because I think I could do much better. But for now, I'm concentrating on tiles, tiles, and more tiles. Maybe I'll post some for you guys when I recover a little bit from the trip.

(@Illuminkinight - haven't gotten into my e-mails yet, so I haven't heard the piece yet. I'll get to that when I can - hopefully soon - but for now I just feel like resting, maybe working quietly on those tiles that need done. Hope that's not a problem. ^_~)

Iluminknight

Years
Big Problem came up

Well I'll certainly keep my eye out for a response. Don't expect any new songs from me that I haven't already written though because I seem to have a big problem right now. For years now I've been using a glitch I found in a shareware program that allowed me to convert midis to Mp3s via direct recording with many advanced options. I'll spare you the techno-babble and just say: That program was what I used to get high quality mp3s from my midis. Unfortunately that bug doesnt work anymore because I'm assuming it got patched. This leaves me without any proper means of getting high quality mp3s of my songs for the time being. Seeing as there is no free way of doing this (that I know of), I wont be able to make any high quality songs at the moment. Expect in maybe a few weeks or so I will find the money to go out and just finally buy one of those. *sigh* Oh well...

Btw: I just realized from doing some remixing of a song by request, I'm actually pretty good at remixing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back