• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SoulSilver hack: Pokémon Soul Silver English Translation Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    Fair point indeed, Magnius.
    Good luck with your project, I look forward to seeing how you progress.

juuska

Beginner Spriter
    Years
    Besides, arresting FIRST? No, they would probably send a cease and desist order, then if I continued doing it after that they would arrest me.
    No they would not arrest you for just one little pirated game. maybe bill of something like 70$/game

MsBroccoli

MsBroccoli
    Years
    No they would not arrest you for just one little pirated game. maybe bill of something like 70$/game

Maybe a fine a little more than that, but they're not going to arrest you for translating a game. Maybe if you were selling the ROM for your own profit, but come on how many people on this site alone have downloaded ROMS, hacks, patches, etc? Maybe we should all be locked away in a jail cell together; we'd all be comparing our skills and Pokemons on our hacked games. :laugh:

Getting back to the thread, please don't give up on this project. It's stupid that other people our in some race to get it done, take your time and your work will speak for itself. :)

Xaddion

Yes.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2011
    on No$GBA 2.6a or previous versions, I cannot even get past the naming screen(I can name and it works but then the screen goes black and I can here the music but there is nothing there.

I remember a code being used to fix that. Look it up on Google.

Last edited:

EcoReck

Just that guy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    Just came in to register and say good luck! Also, just ignore the trolls, don't feed them.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Man you need to work on the pokegear calls lol

That's what is bugging me.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Man you need to work on the pokegear calls lol

That's what is bugging me.

The trick i do is just watch to see if a route number comes up, if not i ignore it, i can find out when the mom buys you a new item as i just match up the name of the caller with the name at the top

erichan7

Somewhat a manga artist
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2009
    keep up this awesome job man!!
    thanks a lot magnus!!

He may not be arrested for it, but he should. Save hacking the game for another five years or even ten. Everything in it is already ruined now because there's no surprises.

This is just ridiculous, dont ya have anything better to do?
    if you dont like it ok, just stop saying this randow stuff and stay away from this forum

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2009
    "Lol I don't care if you translate or not, I get through the game just fine without it, translation is useless, lol I'll just buy the english version when it comes out for translation, lol you'll just be arrested for doing this, redundant post, annoying post, REDUNDANT ANNOYING POST"

Also, good luck Magnius, it's really appreciated you're doing this,

iPochama

loving pokemon tcg on gameboy.
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Wrong.

You're all wrong, you're allowed to play games and download movies etc etc, piracy is legal. It's only that distribution of pirated goods is illegal, and even then, it's only illegal on the distributors part.

Switchblade

Steel Master.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    I,,,I,,,I think I love you.

Seriously, if this is a full translation project I think I am going to build a shrine in my Wardrobe in your Honour. I Hate the fact I might have to wait 7-8 months on a release In the UK. If you keep going at a steady pace i'd be willing to bet you would have it done in a month give or take a couple of weeks.

Much thanks for doing this.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    YOU SIR....

...are the example of those who study japanese/know enough to translate and are still loyal to part of the reason they prob. learned the language in the first place <3

I can't script to save my life but if you ever need help with translation let me know. (b o 3 o)b

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    you havent included the download link, will u be doing that after completing the whole thing?
    and lol, no one is going to get arrested, just keep on going..

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    you havent included the download link, will u be doing that after completing the whole thing?
    and lol, no one is going to get arrested, just keep on going..
    Obviously he didn't include the download link, because according to a few posts, he was translating Cherrygrove only like 1-2 days ago. My bet is he'll release a beta every now and then though till it's complete, cause it's going to take a while. Maybe not over a half year like Nintendo, but it will take a while.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    This project seems like everyone is a bit impatient.
    An official nintendo translation is going to be released Spring 2010.

Not that I want to be a big buzz kill more than Buzz Killington, but really.

However, this is an neat Idea,
    And I do wish to best of luck, since it no easy task just translating an entire game.

Xaddion

Yes.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2011
    This project seems like everyone is a bit impatient.
    An official nintendo translation is going to be released Spring 2010.

Not that I want to be a big buzz kill more than Buzz Killington, but really.

However, this is an neat Idea,
    And I do wish to best of luck, since it no easy task just translating an entire game.

Well seeing how he translated New Bark and Cherrygrove along with some other stuff in the 3 days he's been doing this translation, I think Magnius could complete this with plenty of time before the official release.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back