• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Oregon o_o

Sinmora

Rm2k Pro Coder
Years
  • *POST* Woot...

Anywayz those systems look cool, cant wait to see more updates!

And is there a story yet or are you just...iono...

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • lol, I didn't give up because it was easy to learn JavaScript and it lets me do everything that RM doesn't :o

Anyways, menu is fixed now, tomorrow I'll post the screens.
    As for the story, I still have to think about it. Right now I'm more interested in getting the engine ready, after that comes the easy part :P

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • New screen, menu fixed:
    Pok?mon Oregon o_o

In a couple of hours I'll show a part of the pokegear working (map)
    and the trainercard will be working as well :)

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 29, 2007
    Still looks good. Just wondering though. What are using to learn spher? I wanna learn to lol. Buyt seriously. keep up the good work.The menu looks great.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • What am I using? hum, lemme see:

JavaScript Tutorial
    Sphere Tutorials

And the help files that come with sphere :P

--EDIT--

More screens!!!

Menu now shows the trainer name instead of "Trainer":
    Pok?mon Oregon o_o

and when you press space at [trainer name] guess what?
    Pok?mon Oregon o_o

If you press ESC it will go back to the menu and then if you press again it goes back to the game :D

I'm so proud of myself ^_^ this really gives me energy to continue :P

In a couple of minutes I'll bring the map feature of the pokegear :)

Last edited:

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • *bump* just so that people notice I actually posted smth new :P

And there's our cool-looking menu again, this time we pay a visit to the map feature of the Pokegear :)

Pok?mon Oregon o_o

Pok?mon Oregon o_o

As you can see it looks really cool, now each city has it's own "map coordinates" and name (notice the name and the red square with the location ;) )
    with a simple change in the script I change only the name of the city and look how it appears in the screen:

Pok?mon Oregon o_o

Cool ain't it?
    TheAbsol (so far the only person who's been helping me with the project *cough*) made me a function to turn the npc's towards the player every time we talk to them :F

Pok?mon Oregon o_o

Pok?mon Oregon o_o

and that's all for today! :D

tomorrow I will hopefully add the Clock feature to the pokegear and maybe some more surprises ;)

Sinmora

Rm2k Pro Coder
    Years
  • Wow...Im so speachless...you are really making me want to learn sphere...to bad Im so lazy I dont even want to do...well learn crap...

GOOD JOB! Cant wait for more *does the hurry up and post more awsome screenies dance* Keep up the good work! And dont let this post make you rush the game...just rush the screnies! ^^;

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • :P Now I have to go to school (last 3 days was Friday + Weekend) that's why I brought so many screens. Anyways I'll do the clock today and maybe work on the phone and some other stuff :D

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 29, 2007
    I've started learning sphere now and will help you if you wish when I get good enough. Looks great so far though. Can't wait for more info. You really are doing great.

PS. What driver are you using with sphere?

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • driver? you mean the rendering thing?
    if that's what you mean I use: sphere_dx8.dll

As for getting good enough, 2 days ago I didn't know sh** about JavaScript and Sphere, now I'm doing better every minute that passes by, if you read the tutorials that I gave you and some others you will get really good in no time, as for helping, feel free to add me to msn: [email protected] and we'll talk about it :)

[NOTE TO EVERYONE] Due to some unexpected problems with the real time clock thingy I will not post the clock screenshots tonight (here it's GMT+1 :P ), so tomorrow I'll do that if TheAbsol shows up on msn and explains to me or if I manage to find out what's wrong, sorry guys ;_;

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 29, 2007
    OK. I'll try my best. I'm getting through at a fairly OK pace. It's easier than I thought. For some reason my sphere complains about the screen not being able to resize so I have to use sphereGL. Anyhoo i added you to my MSN K.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 26, 2005
    This game looks really, really nice. It really is motivating me from switching from RM2k3/XP to Sphere.

Good job man, keep it up.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    I like how people switch to sphere after seeing its awesomeness.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • Sorry guys, I have been busy with school, etc but this weekend is a 3 day and a half weekend for me so I'll manage to do smth big :D

TheAbsol, talk with me asap on msn so I can give you the current version of it, I need to figure out how to make a real time clock in the game :)

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    this look realy good your progressing realy quickly ive also started learing to use sphere and javascript also could you tell me where you got your tile set from because ive looked all over for one

Back