• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon 000?

Bay

Years
  • I think it's Gamefreak/Pokemon trying to reiterate that all pokemon are equal whether they are big or small. So by putting a cute, seemingly harmless pokemon as the strange #000 numbered legendary, it adds a little diversity to the game rather than seeing another strikingly powerful looking pokemon in the games. We have our cute looking legendaries already, such as Shaymin and Mew, but this guy looks a lot more ordinary.

I would also like to point out that it looks like you get him at the start of the game, look at the pokedex and notice, you have caught him as well as having your starter pokemon with very few other pokedex entries, thus proving that it is early in th game. Then again, it is an event, but possibly one you can activate from the start? Or of course, my theory could just be silly and they were just showing it that was as example. I think it's a pretty cool concept regardless, we have enough powerful looking legedaries, why not have a few more very powerful ordinary looking ones?
    Also agree with you on the legendary part. I like the powerful legendaries for their design, but it does get tiring to see only powerful looking ones after a while. Would be nice to see a legendary besides the tiny cute ones that have a unique look to them. Actually, the only other legendaries that would fit the unique category to me are the Lake Trio. They're not that tiny and not really powerful looking (to me, at least XD). Victini I would say is ordinary too, but at the same time mischievous. XD

As for your other comment, if I read correctly, not sure if you'll start off with a legendary right away. Could be a chance you could activate the event from the start, but I don't know. You just started off with a starter, so not sure if it could stand off a legendary, even if Victini is like level 5 if you do the event. Guess we'll just wait and see until more info is out.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Well to me it looks Normal...and rumors say it's Normal/Ghost...

That's exactly what I was thinking. The only reason this might not work well with the rumor is because of the # that Pokemon has compared to the one that Victini has. But apart from that, the whole "Fantom" Pokemon and how it looks Normal, I think it works well with that typing.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    That's exactly what I was thinking. The only reason this might not work well with the rumor is because of the # that Pokemon has compared to the one that Victini has. But apart from that, the whole "Fantom" Pokemon and how it looks Normal, I think it works well with that typing.

it could also be fire/ghost or normal/fire

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    I honestly don't think you get this Pokemon early in the game. They show him in the Pokedex simply to show he is #000 and how it looks on the Pokedex without showing any Pokemon they don't want to release yet. I also don't think his number will change with the upgraded Pokedex. He will stay #000 throughout and it won't mess up anything.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I honestly don't think you get this Pokemon early in the game. They show him in the Pokedex simply to show he is #000 and how it looks on the Pokedex without showing any Pokemon they don't want to release yet. I also don't think his number will change with the upgraded Pokedex. He will stay #000 throughout and it won't mess up anything.

agreed, this is plausible& very likely, we all know how nintendo can be :P

Years
  • It definitely causes confusion with the National Dex. As of now,we know it's Pokédex entry number is #000 for the Isshu Pokédex. I'm going to guess that when you get the National Dex, 'Victini' would be #494.

My prediction could be wrong but if it really was #000..Nintendo is going crazy over with this 'creator of Pokémon' thing.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • i hope it's fire electric.
    and it could learn both of Zekroms and Reshirams exclusive moves.
    that would be awesome.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    i hope it's fire electric.
    and it could learn both of Zekroms and Reshirams exclusive moves.
    that would be awesome.

Then they wouldn't be exclusive moves anymore...If anything he will be Normal to go with his ordinary look.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • personally, i would like it to learn a move called energy blast.
    PP: 10
    power: 60
    accuracy: 90
    type: ???
    description: this move is super effective against all types, the user must charge before using it. while charging evasiveness rises.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    It doesn't look one bit like a fire type to me, but I guess you never know.

looks at the hands,feet, the V, the huge blue eyes

it screams generation 1 fire type

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    it looks so cute, but i hope it's not an electric type. they have too many of those in gen 5 as is. :\

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    i think they put it as #000 because they don't have enough pokemon planned yet to just put it at the end of the dex for being legendary.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    2 is too much O.o"

i never knew 2was alot O.O
    2 electric types is 2 too many for me. electric-type pokemon, to me, are all just terrible in general. i don't want them to put this cute little guy to waste, is all.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

2 electric types is 2 too many for me. electric-type pokemon, to me, are all just terrible in general. i don't want them to put this cute little guy to waste, is all.

thats why he has to be an epic fire type XD

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • Interesting why its number is 000 in the Isshu Pokédex. I like it, it looks pretty simple, it reminds of Plusle for some reason.

Back