• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Discussion (Current Subject: Aerodactyl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Beast

Mewtwo's Elite Master
    Years
    Ludicolo @ Choice Specs
    Swift Swim
    Modest, 104 Speed/252 SpA/148 HP
    Grass Knot/Energy Ball
    Surf/Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    Focus Blast

Ludicolo @ Choice Band
    Swift Swim
    Adamant, 148 HP/252 Atk/104 Speed
    Thunderpunch
    Ice Punch
    Waterfall
    Return/Focus Punch/Drain Punch/Zen Headbutt

Generic Choice Sets.

I think if you don't make Ludicolo hold the choice band or the choice specs, you'll have a better advantage with the movesets.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Well, the movesets have advantages with choice items.

1. Instant 1.5x attack to start off, giving some immense power quickly and without drawback.
    2. Life Orb won't burn your health away, and even then, choice still holds more power.
    3. Nothing else gives such an instant boost without setup.
    4. If you predict right, you'll score a major blow on their team.

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    70 Attack/90 SpA is pretty bad in itself, LO won't cut it for a sweep. Ludi is best used as a bulky pokemon with Leech Seed, and can still outrun stuff in a pinch with Swift Swim, particularly Dragons and other stuff.

King_Lucario

An eternal struggle...
    Years
    Ludi is absolutely useless with Swift Swim. If Ludi has Swift Swim, its speed is increased, HOWEVER, a smart trainer would try to pick one with Rain Dish because it replenishes HP. I know this is common sense but Aquille seemed to have forgotten about Rain Dish. Besides, Ludi would NEVER last against a well-trained Dragon-type Pokemon.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Um, no. Swift Swim allows you to outrun any Dragon in rain and with enough Special Attack, will OHKO them all. Rain Dish isn't really all that useful unless on super stalling sets, and even then Swift Swim works better.

Next time refrain from sounding so authoritative on a subject without presenting solid evidence on why it's better.

Last edited:
    Years
    Um, no. Rain Dish allows you to outrun any Dragon in rain and with enough Special Attack, will OHKO them all. Rain Dish isn't really all that useful unless on super stalling sets, and even then Swift Swim works better.

Next time refrain from sounding so authoritative on a subject without presenting solid evidence on why it's better.
    You mean Swift Swim right?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    Yayz

Empoleon@Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 SP.DEF / 6 SP.ATT
    Calm Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Roar
    - Stealth Rock

Special wall 101 Wut is specs mence ?

Empoleon@Petaya Berry
    44 HP / 248 SP.ATT / 216 SPEED
    Modest Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Substitute
    - Hydro pump / Surf
    - Agility

This set is REALLY nasty, the idea is to Agility on a switch Sub to activate Torrent AND the Petaya Berry and own EVERYTHING. By everything, i mean everything, with this set you can 2hko Bliss with Hydro pump. Surf is if you want accuracy.

This is why you want S-Toss on Blissey unlike on smogons analysis xp

Last edited:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    i use the first set (bold natured). i just want to say one thing: it's not a special wall. it's a tank. don't get the kids all hopped up on excitement yet.

boo836

I'm back?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    Empoleon:@ life orb/ lefties
    Adamant
    252 hp, 252 att, 6 spd
    Earthquake
    Aqua jet
    swords dance
    shadow claw

Swords dance, sweep. Shadow claw is for dusky and cressy. Drill peck is a no since empoleon does not have any buisness on fighters in Ou. However, in Bl, drill peck is better because of torterra and gastrodon.

Empoleon: @lefties
    Calm
    252 hp, 220 spdef, 58 spatt.
    Surf
    Hp [electric]/ Grass knot
    Rest
    Sleep talk

Years
    Drill peck is a no since empoleon does not have any buisness on fighters in Ou. However, in Bl, drill peck is better because of torterra and gastrodon.

Considering how likely fighters are to switch in, predicting a switch could be vital if Empoleon intends to live. Secondly, BL is OU, just less commonly used. Also, both of those take neutral damage from Water and Flying does not hit Gastrodon for any more than Water.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Empoleon@Choice Specs
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    -Surf/Hydro Pump
    -Ice Beam
    -Grass Knot
    -Hidden Power Electric

Meh this set I used in Battle Tower... worked well with some Wish support. All standard moves except HP Electric, which is pretty much for opposing Empoleon and Gyarados/Mantine

Divine~Deoxys

Oh yeah, i just didnt have my ds around and couldnt remember the moves. Its

Empoleon@ Leftovers
    Timid
    252spd,252sp.atk,4hp
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Flash Cannon
    Stealth Rock

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I'm sorry, but that's a horrible set. Flash Cannon has terrible coverage, and Empoleon doesn't have the speed to revenge kill, or the power to sweep. While this has been posted before,

Empoleon@Petaya Berry
    44 HP / 248 SP.ATT / 216 SPEED
    Modest Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Substitute
    - Hydro pump / Surf
    - Agility

THis is a much better set for a sweeping Empoleon.

RaggedyJan

Gnarly Trainer
    Years
    I use an empoleon (Named DeVito)for it's special defense and to phaze
    mine is:

Calm, Leftovers, 252 hp. 252 SpDef. 6 SpAtk
    -Ice Beam
    -Grass Knot
    -Roar
    -Stealth Rock

i think that grass knot is useful to counter other waters

Status