• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Discussion (Current Subject: Aerodactyl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    I'm sorry, but that's a horrible set. Flash Cannon has terrible coverage, and Empoleon doesn't have the speed to revenge kill, or the power to sweep. While this has been posted before,

Empoleon@Petaya Berry
    44 HP / 248 SP.ATT / 216 SPEED
    Modest Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Substitute
    - Hydro pump / Surf
    - Agility

THis is a much better set for a sweeping Empoleon.

This is the set I use, except with Grass Knot instead of Ice Beam, since I needed something to counter Bulky Waters.
    And this has worked stupendously well, even in OU.

boo836

I'm back?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    Must keep alive...

Counters:

To smogon's tank set:

Magnezone 2hkos with t-bolt and surf is a 3hko from modest empoleon tank.

Cbtar is 2hko'd by surf and thus wants speed instead of spdef to harm with eq.

Cbgross is 3-4hko'd by surf by calm and ohkos with eq.

Rest talk lax 3 hko's with eq and is 6 hko'd by modest tank

Blissey. I don't really think I have to explain.

Yeah, that's just for the sp tank. Also, I have probably missed a few counters.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Well, all 4th gen starters were made for a battle purpose reason ._.

Let me explain the most obvious ones..

Torterra : Ground/Rock resist
    Infernape : Super sweep ability
    Empoleon : Special Attacker/Wall on Sandstorm teams

yes... these starters are REALLY made for battling

as for Empoleon, she fits quite well in a sandstorm team since finding a special attacker/wall for a sandstorm team can be quite difficult. To me, this guy is the other side of Swampert itself.

Empoleon@Leftovers
    Nature - Modest/Calm
    EV's - 152HP/186SPATK/174SPDF
    Moves -
    - Surf/Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Grass Knot/Stealth Rock/Rest
    - HP [Electric]/Stealth Rock/Rest

Don't expect this to be a long-lasting special wall, it has nothing to recover with except Leftovers or if you decide to apply Aqua Ring/Rest. It's probably better off as a special attacker. (Sponge) If you do choose Rest, use it with a healer.

Also, you cannot place both Stealth Rock AND Rest, one of those moves (Grass Knot or HP Electric) has to stay, otherwise, other water types like Starmie will bully you.

Last edited:
    Years
    I'm sorry. She? Who said it was a she? Anyways, I've just got my own list for Empoleon the Emperor. Basically Smogon SpecSweeper/Tank set with a few tweaked EV's.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
    Modest <200HP/64SpAtk/240SpDef/4Speed>
    Surf
    Ice beam
    Grass Know
    Roar
    Basically got rid of a few EV's and added 64 Special Attack EV's. Most of it's stats are average and well, it's Special Attack being it's highest stat, I though I'd put that in there for good measure. HIts a tank I know but still, the SpAtk EV's never hurt anyone. Exceept the opponent. lol XD.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I'm sorry. She? Who said it was a she? Anyways, I've just got my own list for Empoleon the Emperor. Basically Smogon SpecSweeper/Tank set with a few tweaked EV's.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
    Modest <200HP/64SpAtk/240SpDef/4Speed>
    Surf
    Ice beam
    Grass Knot
    Roar
    Basically got rid of a few EV's and added 64 Special Attack EV's. Most of it's stats are average and well, it's Special Attack being it's highest stat, I though I'd put that in there for good measure. HIts a tank I know but still, the SpAtk EV's never hurt anyone. Exceept the opponent. lol XD.
    He, she, who give a flying crap what sex the damn thing is. I don't like how easily walled that set is. Especially since it doesn't hit hard enough. Not a failure set, though.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Bout' time for a new subject.

I won't give any custom movesets for Blaziken, but I'll give my pointers about em.

Blaziken, if anything, got vastly improved this generation with more powerful moves, ability to easily utilize both of his attacking stats with different moves, Choice Scarf or even Specs, and a much more used Choice Band. However, as if we all didn't know, Infernape really makes the flaming bird fall behind in its shadow. Fortunately, Blaziken still has Agility, Baton Pass, and Reversal to its name, and if you effectively play these moves, then Blaziken becomes a wonderful team player or a powerhouse, depending on how you use it.

Blaziken@Leftovers/Life Orb
    Modest/Mild/Rash
    252sp.atk/252spd/6HP or 6atk

Agility
    Fire Blast
    Hidden Power Ice
    Baton Pass/Sky Uppercut

Play this thing right, and it's either an amazing late-game cleaner or early-game basher/baton passer. Agility on a predicted switch, then attack accordingly. When you're locked against something you can't kill, Baton Pass your Agility to another needed Pokemon.

Note: If you pick Sky Uppercut, then use Life Orb for maximum damage.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    That's a terrible set, & I hate you for it.

We all know Blazekien uses Overheat. It can stop a Water Pulse-ask May.

But seriously, I don't like how iffy that set is. Too many of it's moves has a chance of missing, and it is too easily walled. I'l give you this, you will be passing that Agility, no matter what.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    I prefer a variation of your set, ABYAY.

Blaziken @ Liechi / Salac Berry
    252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Def
    Adamant [if you're using Agility] / Jolly [if SD]
    - Agility / Swords Dance
    - Endure / Substitute
    - Reversal
    - Baton Pass

Of course, clearing the skies is a must for this set. It's really destroys everything that isn't immune to Fighting- and if they do have some Ghost, just Pass your boost to something that can continue the sweep. It works great. ♥

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Well, I've tried going with Fire Punch [to abuse Blaze] over Reversal and it does have its merits, but Reversal was proven more useful in the end.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Blaziken@Choice band
    Jolly Nature
    252 ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP
    - Flare Blitz.
    - Sky Uppercut
    - Stone Edge
    - Thunderpunch

=3

I tried Focus punch >> T-Punch, but T-Punch is more useful for Slowbro, Starmie etc.

Blaziken@Leftovers
    Jolly Nature
    - Toxic
    - Will-o-wisp
    - Fire Punch
    - Sky uppercut

Screws up alot of its switch ins, via "pseudo double status", Toxic that bulky water/ground type and burn that chomp/mence/Gyara !! etc, you get the drift.

Yes i am weird and put toxic on everything XD

EDIT : EVEN AZELF. TOXIC/T-WAVE/FIRE BLAST/PSYCHIC =D.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 14, 2009
    Blaziken@Choice band
    Jolly Nature
    - Flare Blitz.
    - Sky Uppercut
    - Stone Edge
    - Thunderpunch

=3

I tried Focus punch >> T-Punch, but T-Punch is more useful for Slowbro, Starmie etc.

Wow, great move set!

Blaziken@Leftovers
    Jolly Nature
    - Toxic
    - Will-o-wisp
    - Fire Punch
    - Sky uppercut

Screws up alot of its switch ins, via "pseudo double status", Toxic that bulky water/ground type and burn that chomp/mence/Gyara !! etc, you get the drift.

Yes i am weird and put toxic on everything XD

EDIT : EVEN AZELF. TOXIC/T-WAVE/FIRE BLAST/PSYCHIC =D.

Liked the idea of Toxic being there, however not a fan of Will-O-Wisp. Maybe consider Brick Break or something along the lines of a Fighting type move? Anyhow nice work mate!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Liked the idea of Toxic being there, however not a fan of Will-O-Wisp. Maybe consider Brick Break or something along the lines of a Fighting type move? Anyhow nice work mate!

2 moves of the same type on the same set is something you generally want to stay away from. I already have Sky Uppercut and Brick Break isnt contributing to coverage really when used in conjunction with it =p.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Wow, great moveset Dark_Azelf! (JOO R NOOB) <- D_A :P

Well, I like the thought of Baton Passing, as anything this can do Infernape does better. (Apart from Blaziken having slightly higher defenses. Bulk Up is...meh, I've never liked it)

Double Status seems the way to go, just throwing it out there...CHOICE SCARF STATZIKEN. tbh, I don't see a reason to use Blaziken anywhere other than BL/UU. It shouldn't see the light of day in OU, unless you use the Double Status with efficiency. (I think Gallade does that better also though... x_X)

~T_S

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    AFAIK Blaziken is just a worse Infernape unless you're using the Baton Passing set. Infact the two sets you posted are severely outclassed by Infernape unless for some reason you don't want to use CC.

--- Just illustrating how both of the sets you posted are outclassed ----

Infernape @ Choice Band
    Jolly, 4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed

Flare Blitz (Blaze Kick is also available but like AC says, its for pussies)
    Close Combat (DON'T tell me the lowering of stats are undesirable)
    Thunderpunch
    Stone Edge / Mach Punch / U-turn (Which Blaziken doesn't get IIRC)

Unless you would want to use Brave Bird or something.

Infernape @ Leftovers
    Jolly, 4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed

Toxic
    Will-O-Wisp
    Blaze Kick / Flare Blitz / Fire Punch
    Close Combat

Infernape also gets 28 more points of speed and sits comfortably in its own speed tier. That way it could go Adamant to make up for the less attack (104 vs. 120).

Just use Baton Pass, or else you're just using a worse Infernape. Either that or Agility, EndRev or SubRev, all of which aren't really viable strategies on Blaziken anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back