• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon - Finity Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiker

Mountainman
Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2006
    Hiker had just about given up looking for a competitor when he spotted a man walking along the beach carrying a sack of berries and counting his money.
    Hiker called out, "Hey! You there! Are ya a trainer buddy?" Hiker noticed the look on the man's face, obviously deep in thought. "Up for a friendly fight?"

Ghostka

The Lonely Wanderer
    Years
  • Brian Cardullo; 2600poke

"Hm... sure... why not? How about... a two-on-two battle? Maybe a wager of... 300poke? And just a warning... as young as my pokemon look, they're no push-overs." I said grinning.

Hiker

Mountainman
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2006
    "200 poke eh. Alright sounds good to me." Hiker agrees as he looks through his wallet. I'll assure you that my pokemon will fight their hardest as well." Hiker assures as he reaches for a pokeball on his waist, "Shellgon. Go!"

Shellgon forms in a beam of light. The shelled dragon prepares for battle.

DragonQueenRachel

Soul of Trinity, Dragon Queen
    Years
  • Rain and Ruby (in human form) happened to be walking by at that moment, and notices that the battle is starting. Its that Hiker guy from last night, this might be interesting to watch, she thinks, and they take a seat nearby. I wonder who this other guy is, and what pokemon he has, it might be fun to watch.

I wonder what pokemon they'll start with, Ruby thinks, remembering the incident with Hiker's Scizor last night.

Ghostka

The Lonely Wanderer
    Years

"A Pupitar, eh? I guess starting with Mudkip couldn't hurt... GO, Mudkip!" I tossed the ball into the air, my little friend appearing in a bright flash. "Just as a warning, my pokemon were trained to fight in the sands. This wont be as easy as you think... Alright, let's start off with a Water Gun!" Mudkip shot a stream of water from his mouth, flying towards Pupitar with full force.

Hiker

Mountainman
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2006
    OOC: Sorry Pupitar is Shellgon, I did a typo throughout entire RP lol. So it's Shellgon, not Pupitar lol

Hiker

Mountainman
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2006
    "Shellgon! Dodge that!" with the command, Shellgon leapt to the side, almost rolling out of the way, "good job! Now hit it with a headbutt!"

Shellgon regained footing, and charged towards Mudkip head first.

Ghostka

The Lonely Wanderer
    Years
  • OOC: Eh, whatever, my Mudkip is a versitile little fish. Your Shellgon still doesn't stand a chance!! Muahahahahaha!

Brian Cardullo; 2600poke

"Mudkip, use Bide!" Digging in, he braced himself for the worse. His muscles tightened, his teeth clentched, Mudkip took a direct blow, sailing backwards. "Good, now return the power and follow that with Ice Beam!" Mudkip quickly climbed to his feet and began to charge full force, readying his Ice Beam to strike soon after impact...

DragonQueenRachel

Years
  • (*eats some popcorn while watching* Using a Shelgon is all a matter of strategy, making up for its slow speed with other techniques.)

Hiker

Mountainman
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2006
    "Good job Shellgon, now charge into Mudkip, and once your momentum is forward, use protect!" Hiker screamed.

Shellgon began running towards Mudkip, and once it could not halt it's momentum, it enabled protect, just as Mudkip's ice beam hit.

The beam knocked Shellgon directly off course, and would have surely done worse if it werent for the protect.

Ghostka

The Lonely Wanderer
    Years
  • "Alright, Mudkip, Shellgon is airborn, hop near it and use Slam to send him sailing into the sea!" Knowing this plan before, Mudkip took my words to the 'T' and leaped forward towards the helpless Shellgon. He quickly twisted his body to strike with the full force of his Slam attack.

Hiker

Mountainman
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2006
    "Shellgon! Dragonbreath!" Hiker screamed, but it was too late at Shellgon hurtled into the ocean.
    "Shellgon! Come on buddy! Your still in this thing!" Hiker urged, as Shellgon reemerged from the ocean. Reduce his speed with a scary face and then use focus energy!"

Ghostka

The Lonely Wanderer
    Years
  • OOC: Dude.... c'mon... there is no way in hell some little ball with stubs for legs can swim. -__-

BIC:
    Brian Cardullo; 2600poke

"Alright, Mudkip, lets end this. While he is charging up, strike with Blizzard!" The air arround me began to grow frigid, snow was falling, even in this tropical paradise. The wind began to pick up and the freezing air was blasted at Shellgon. The two pokemon soon became lost in ths storm. Even though I couldn't see my Mudkip, I knew the fire in his eyes shone through the intense Blizzard.

Hiker

Mountainman
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2006
    "Shellgon, return." Hiker grimly said, knowing that the dragon had been bested in the blizzard, "a good strategy, but it won't save you this time." Hiker reached for his pokeballs, instinctively for Scizor, his most powerful pokemon, but thought better of it, knowing that Scizor had been reckless, and didn't want to take the risk. "Chinchou, go!"

Chinchou emerged from the pokeball, emitting lightning from it's fish form.

"Chinchou, use thundershock on Mudkip!" With that, a powerful thundershock headed towards Mudkip.

DragonQueenRachel

Years
  • Ruby turns her head when the Shelgon falls into the ocean, and then is defeated by the Blizzard attack.

It just goes to show you that no pokemon is invincible, even Mewtwo, considerably one of the most powerful pokemon in existence, has a weakness somewhere, Rain thinks. Lets see how the rest of this battle plays out, she thinks, and looks at Ruby with a nod.

Ghostka

The Lonely Wanderer
    Years

"Damnit... if only I let Mudkip evolve.." I said, smiling.. "Oh well... Mudkip, use Mud-slap on yourself!" Quickly digging into the sand, Mudkip covered himself with mud to try and negegate the Thundershock. Not enough. Mudkip was struck hard, too hard to stand. Falling over, I ran to his side and lifted him in my arms. Walking back to my place, I set him down and fed him an Oran. "Good job, Mudkip... You did good." I said with a smile. Returning him to his pokeball, I tossed another up. My oldest friend Dratini was in the battle, pumped up and ready to go. "Alright, Dratini, it's been awhile, but lets go! Dragon Dance!" In a strange dance, Dratini's Speed and Special Attack rose in an exponential amount. He would be unstoppable now... A grin was on my face as I awaited my young oppenents next move...

Hiker

Mountainman
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2006
    "Chinchou, start up a hail storm!" Hiker shouted, and hail began to fall, knicking Dratini, not doing much damage with each hit, but in the long run, it would wear him down, especially since Dratini was susceptible to ice. "Good job Chinchou, now use shock wave!" The unavoidable electric attack (read the move description lol) hurdled toward Dratini.

Ghostka

The Lonely Wanderer
    Years
  • OOC: Just remember, Hail hurts ALL none Ice-types. Chinchou is water and electric. :)

BIC:
    Brian Cardullo: 2600poke

"Alright, we know we wont evade this... But it wont do much!" I turned to the young trainer. "Dragon pokemon... amazing creatures, aren't they? Resistant to most all special attacks, vulnerable only to Ice and Dragon moves..." I said smiling... "Lets tough this one out and strike back with Dragon Rage!" The ball of light and shock flew towards Dratini. Without worry, it struck him, doing only minimal damage. As the hail began to pelt Dratini, he charged at Chinchou, all his anger and his rage would be in his next attack.... "DRAGON RAGE! GO, DRATINI!"

Hiker

Mountainman
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2006
    "Chinchou! Use mist!"
    Mist shrouded Chinchou as it lept away, into the ocean, only to reappear behind Dratini, "now! Use Ice Beam!"

Chinchou prepared for the finishing move, but Scizor emerged from the pokeball and clipped Chinchou from the air, knocking it out.

"Scizor!!! Return this instant!" this time, Scizor obeyed and returned. Hiker rushed over to Chinchou, hoping to recover him, "are you ok buddy?" Hiker asked.

OOC: Hey guys I have to go for tonight, you can still use my character, he is just nursing Chinchou back, and trying to figure out more why Scizor is acting strange. If anyone has a good reason for Scizors attitude, please use it =)

Ghostka

The Lonely Wanderer
    Years
  • OOC: just so ya know... all Mist does is make it so stat reducing moves wont work. xD

BIC:
    Brian Cardullo; 2600poke

"I guess, this match is a draw." I grabbed my berry bag and knelt down beside the injured Chinchou, slowly feeding him a few Oran Berries. "I wish I knew something about your Scizor, but if they are anything like Scythers, then they are just as bad tempered... Here, take these, give him one every 30 minutes or so, and your Chinchou will be fine." I handed the kid some Orans and started to walk away. "Let's go Dratini." He playfully leaped after me and we walked down the beach, away from the crowd that grew to watch the battle.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back