• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon gym enhancements!

Ayselipera

Falkner's gym could be a little more challenging. Although it is the first gym, so I can see why they made it as simple as they did.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2009
    all i ask for is that they change that stupid ghost gym cos i hate tryin to figure that thing out (i was like nine the last time i played so dont judge me)

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Although i will battle them anyway, i would like to see falkners gym changed to make it more flying type-y and so you dont have to fight the trainers. i like the wind idea as it seems to be the best way of representing flying types. With the rock type gyms, they were simple but you could tell they was rock type. with falkners, it was so bland you couldnt tell what type he was at first, maybe it was intentional then but everyone knows his pokemon now so flaunt the big difference

I like what ive seen of bugsys gym, but i hope theres a second set of bugs that are more complicated, as the first set are so easy you can solve the pattern at first glance.

I like what they've done with whitney. nothing else to say about that, it belongs to goldenrod city, definately.

i dont mind if morty has the same puzzle, as long as they change it up a bit, maybe make it a bit longer with checkpoints or something.

I dont care if Jasmines gym doesnt have trainers, as long as it has a bit of a puzzle, its not as if it would be hard to come up with one for her; nor will i expect it upset majority of fans.

Chucks gym has limitless possibilities. i look forward to seeing it, but i have the feeling it will be too similar to maylenes.

For pryces gym i think they should do a multi-tiered ice puzzle where you will have to go back and forth, dropping and ascending to advance.

Clairs looks quite good, indeed like one of bowsers many castles. I wonder what the puzzle will actually be though.

As for Kanto:
    Pewter should stay the same as it is still kantos first gym, although there hasnt been a proper rock gym puzzle yet...
    Cerulean, maybe mix it up a bit so it isnt the same as before.
    Vermillion, i can see lightning fields similar to wattsons being used.
    Celadon, dont really care, maybe a maze or something to do with vines.
    Fuschia, make it a bit ninja-ry like in the anime, false floors and the like.
    Saffron, keep it as it is but make the chambers bigger so you cannot see the ones around you. and make it so you cant just keep going left and then up (or is it down?).
    Cinnabar/Seafoam, make it a proper fire puzzle.
    Viridian, to be honest, i dont mind if it stays the same, as long as there aren't any lego bricks.

Last edited:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Better. Bugsy isn't another walk around gym like all 16 bloody original gyms, Whitney's is more maze like and again not walk around and Morty's is well a more puzzly puzzle from the looks of it.

Whitney's gym fits her perfectly since if you look closely it's actually a clefairy
    Pokemon gym enhancements!

noobiot100

Beginning Trainer of Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    What I hope is for it to be more challenging. I love a hard and great game!

ArchsageX

The greatest sage.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2013
    Glad to see the gyms enhanced, its a nice departure from the standard "walk in, fight some guys, walk out" formula that dominated the 1st and 2nd generations.

Dano_

Nya~
    Years
    I really hope they don't change Blue/Green/Gary's gym, I was so excited the first time I saw it. (Being the huge fan of LEGO that I am, it would probably ruin the games for me if they changed it. >.>)
    I feel that Lt. Surge's gym needs to have the traps active though. (maybe have the gym closed until you get the Power Station back up and running?)

Last edited:

Pokemonshe

私はピンクを愛す
    Years
    I would really like the gyms to just have a stadium and the gym leader. No mazes or trainers to battle and solve. Kinda like Jasmines Gym in Johoto. made me kinda happy to see a gym like that :D.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    And by enhancing you mean destroying any nostalgic value Pkmn Gold and Silver had?

What could be more nostalgic than seeing the Goldenrod Gym layout for the first time and being completely oblivious as to how you'll get to Whitney?

Nostalgia is great, but it can get repetitive and tedious after you play the game over and over.
    If anything, I want the feeling I had when I opened the box of Pokemon Gold for the first time, pulled out the game and went, "Wtf?! Why such a big box for such a small game!?". I want the feeling of having a completely new place to explore with the magic only found in a Pokemon game.

.Busou Kihaku.

私は神で取る!
    Years
    By completely remaking the course of the gym makes it dull, i mean. A bit of changes here and there, but they just remade the whole thing, nostalgia still deserves places in the 'new generation' of pokemon.

Years
    The music is nostalgic enough for me. XD

I like the new looks of all the gyms so far. The only one that seems to have the most change is Bugsy's gym. Morty's gym still has the invisible floors, Whitney still has the Clefairy pattern, but more noticeable this time, Clair still has lava in her gym. Bugsy's gym is still a forest, but they added cool moving Spinaraks to it.

Change is good. ;)

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    By completely remaking the course of the gym makes it dull, i mean. A bit of changes here and there, but they just remade the whole thing, nostalgia still deserves places in the 'new generation' of pokemon.

Remaking the gym course does not make it dull. Keeping it as the same would be dull, as most of the original gyms involved a tiny bit of walking. If, you want nostalgia, all the other locations seem to be exactly the same bar graphical updates, and the music remains very true to the originals. The updates (from what i've seen) make the gyms much more appropriate to the gym types, and also appear to be quite enjoyable. TBH i cant wait to see what Blackthorn is going to be. The anticipation because of the changes (as well as the changes themselves) are why most people are going to buy the game, on top of all the retained nostalgia .

Years

oh go away with nostalgia -_-
    if you want it that bad play the originals, sorry to be blunt
    its gonna be different, its a remake, not an identical copy
    things are gonna change, the gyms changing isnt dull
    it gives us a new challenge to solve
    morty's doesnt look that different, and neither does whitneys, but bugsy's has been completely re-designed, thank god, the old one was awful
    so i dont really get why your complaining in the first place?

Back