• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon gym enhancements!

Years
  • Clair: that remake is so much better then the stupid boulders... Hopefully we wont have a gym leader puzzle like the hearthome city gym leader that makes you do make like:

What is 16-10= ?
    6<- 8^ 9 ->
    |

Why even do that if you have a poketech with a cacluator on it? jeez how easy can you get

for quick and easy experience points :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    I'm pleased to see that Nintendo are finally having sense and making the Gyms exciting. They are areas of creativity that don't have to fit with logic or physics of the normal environment. Sure, the standard maps have to have the trees and the paths but gyms can really have ANYTHING inside (which has been proven, really)

HG/SS Fan!

Fire Gym leader!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2009
    Wow these look amazing i cant wait for the game (hance my name :) )

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The gyms of whitney and Jasmine remind me alot of eachother in a weird way.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Am i the only one that's noticed that Falkner's gym has been shown?
    No his gym was shown about a week ago or somthing and i forgot to add falkner ^^" all those posts off people were before he was shown.... he has no puzzle still anyway just a load of clock effects LOL

HashBrownJM

Decade-Old League Champion
    Years
  • It's been so long since I've played any Pokemon game I barely even remember what the old gyms were like. Some of the names are bringin' back somethin, though. I will admit, they look very nice! Excited, definitely.

Years
  • all this talk of puzzles has me actually excited to do the ruins of alph puzzles..

my bet is the puzzle'll be done with the stylus, and hopefully they're a bit more... difficult... kabuto was so bloody easy to make... ho-oh only screws ya up on the bottom middle pieces...

anyways back to gyms

pryces gym'll probably look kinda like candices... cianwood's'll probably be the same but with levels and more rocks to move...

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • I think each gym will have a puzzle based on the type of pokemon they use

Falkner's gym will probably just be a path to the gym leader as it's the first gym
    Bugsy's gym is the spider thing as seen in the pictures
    Whitney's gym has already been seen in the pictures
    Morty's gym will be like an improved version of the original, maybe the path will be longer this time
    Chuck's gym will probably be similar to Maylene's with a few punchbag's to move and boulders to move around
    Jasmine's gym probably won't have a puzzle as you have to go to the lighthouse, then to Cianwood to beat Chuck, get the secretpotion and take it back to Ampharos, then leave the tower and go battle Jasmine
    Pryce will probably have a modified version of the old gym with bits taken from Candice's gym such as sliding through the snowballs
    Clair's gym has been seen in pictures

i hope the gyms at least have plenty of trainers in to get some training before the gym leader

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I think each gym will have a puzzle based on the type of pokemon they use

Falkner's gym will probably just be a path to the gym leader as it's the first gym
    First gym is always the a simple walkthrough, with about roughly one to two trainers. I don't expect much of a puzzle, but the layout and design seen so far is satisfying.

Chuck's gym will probably be similar to Maylene's with a few punchbag's to move and boulders to move around
    To be honest, I wouldn't think this. Maylene had a nice gym in Sinnoh, but it is rarely when the same idea is used for a gym puzzle over again. So, to see the punching bags again seems highly doubtful in my opinion. I would expect maybe something mildly similar, but not exact.

Jasmine's gym probably won't have a puzzle as you have to go to the lighthouse, then to Cianwood to beat Chuck, get the secretpotion and take it back to Ampharos, then leave the tower and go battle Jasmine
    The adventure for the potion itself is more so the puzzle of the gym. So, after all this work to help Ampharos at the lighthouse the simple walkthrough to Jasmine is fine overall. Again, at least the design and layout of the gym is more so satisfying.

Pryce will probably have a modified version of the old gym with bits taken from Candice's gym such as sliding through the snowballs
    Again, I don't see the same idea being implemented once more in the remakes to that of Sinnoh Gyms. I see more of a difference coming up for Pryce's gym instead of a exact or similar puzzle to Candice of Snowpoint City, Sinnoh.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    RE: The Jasmine topic. Like others have said, a simple walkthrough is nice, as the search for the potion is the puzzle. However, I would love to see some trainers in her gym. And Blue should get some trainers too. They are the only leaders lacking gym trainers, if my memory serves me right, and they deserve trainers.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • The enhancements done at the gyms are nice.
    But I am not able to see the gym enhancements at bugsy's gym and Falkners(is he even there?O_o).
    I really like the ones at Clairs'. They really suit the Dragon pokemon Gym environment. On top of that: They look really cool.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Gym Leader alterations/Bugsy could be a girl...

If you've played Pokemon games for a long time, You've noticed that in most cases, the Trainer's Pokemon have the same gender as the Trainer him(her)self. In GSC, Bugsy had male Pokemon. In HGSS, even his Scyther is female. I wonder if they have changed Bugsy's character into a female. It'd... certainly be a first for the people who make these, but he looked sorta girly to begin with...

If this question wears out, we could switch the focus to just new features involving the Gym Leaders... I've noticed no Kanto Leaders in the news yet, perhaps there's some good changes there...

Discuss, I suppose.

Back