• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon:Opal

How well is this project looking?

• Brilliant

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Good

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Not so good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rubbish

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

I can make i quick beta demo out of what i have got rite now if ppl want me to but it will be extremely buggy and probs be loadsa problems with it and i dont have much time to fix them atm. SO please ppl tell me wat u want me to do!!

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    Hey man, I'm up for testing whatever you throw at us. I'd like to see a small beta regardless of the bugs. I'll notify you of them and, if possible, come up with a way to fix it.

Waudby

ot at the moment sorry ive been busy with gcse exams and stufff lots o revision and ****, but also my computer has been going crazy and has turned on me lol. I need to get a few things sorted so if im gone for a few more days dont worry!!!

ShadowKP1

Noob Rom hacker
    Years
    I won't and might I say you've got a cool game going on here.

Just one thing. When the demo is ready could you put it on filefront since that's the only site I can get demo's off of.

Waudby

Well ive almost figured out the load system. Item system is now on its way ive done a basic one for another project of mine and i can just change a few things and make it work in opal!! Please check the screenshot thread for some screenies of this other project its changed loads since then but they are test shots.

thanks

Waudby!

Waudby

Hey. Sorry about the lack of updates recently, i hpe every1 didnt forget about this game. I am still currently workin on it in wateva spare time i get! I will have hopefully tons more screenies to show you soon. Still working on a few things. Will mainly be a few in game map shots and some extra features maybe. Im now tryin to re-script my battle as this is a major concern of mine. So expect a edit with some screens later.

Waudby

-EDIT-

Hey can i ask, who would support a new idea ive just had?

Well i was thinkin to make this game slightly different, make it so tht you can only have one pokemon on you at a time so tht the battles become harder and so tht you can do more detailed training. Howeva you can carry a maximum of 3 eggs on you at a time which after they hatch are sent to the pokebox.

What do ppl think about this idea. Also if i can get the character sets i will make it so you can have your pokemon following you. If people are wondering about the start of the game and the starting pokemon, you will get a choice of five. Are people happy with this new idea??

please comment on it

thanks

Waudby

001 XD

001 XD
    Years
    :O i dont know what to say except that its good and those 5 pokemon you choose from are you going to tell us what they are or are they going to be new?
    PS-if they are new then can you show us pictures of them?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2006
    Excuse me but where can we download this starter kit. It's very good but i no can found the link for download.( my english is strange because i'm french)

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2006
    Rufus said:
    Excuse me but where can we download this starter kit. It's very good but i no can found the link for download.( my english is strange because i'm french)
    This is not a starter kit and the game not yet release.

Waudby

Im planning on keeping 2 secret and i will reveal 3 when they are ready. The reason there is no demo is because ive changed a few things in game so tht now i still have to do the events and stuff. But there will be a demo. Now i said i would show you some screens, i havent done too many, not as many as i wouldve liked. but this is just something i done yesterday - the item system, nearly all working fine, just gotta make sure i can do the use items. So here you go;

Pokemon:Opal

This just shows my inventory. I'm working on the item usage now. So expect screens of tht soon!!

Waudby.

Waudby

I dont really wanna give a date and disappoint people again but i will say after the beta testers have had their fun with it then it will be about 1 week maybe slightly longer depending on the problems b4 the public release. And also depends if i can get this peasky item using to work lol. If anyone wants to help at all, please post or feel free to pm me.

List of Features for demo 1(at the curent time);

Saving/loading(nearly completed)
    Frame Changing
    Pokenav(not fully functional features yet until the pokemon party gets sorted)
    Inventory(i've decided to have no item using in this demo to speed up release)
    Some story linenot too much to give everythin away)
    5 custom pokemon to choose at start.
    1 member pokemon party + stats screen

However these will not be included;

Battle system.
    Item using.
    Item selling.

These lists are still being updated if i have a major breakthrough and finish extra things i will add to the list.

Waudby.

Sorry to double post. But i've had yet another new idea for the start of this. How about this;

Start of in your house and your mum tells u your dad is out in route 1A after walking through town and going out to route 1A, you find your dad being attacked by to members of team icicle. They kidnap your dad and vanish. When theyve gone you see 3 small eggs on the floor. You kneel down to them and you pick one up(thts your starting pokemon, you choose which one to pick!!) after you picked your one up the other 2 disapear. you go back to your town and you are ased where your father is, you tell every1 wat happened and you collect your stuff and head on to klein town where the main police hq is situated. but just beofre you leave the eggs starts to hatch and out pops your first pokemon. You run into a professor while you are in kelin town who looks at the pokemon and is astonished. Its a brand new breed. he asks you take to it with you and study its behavior. You agree on you carry on to find your father!

this is just the start of the game. please tell me what you think and maybe rate the story out of 10!!

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

wiZdom

Gibslpsg
    Years
    Looking good old pal ^^. I particularly like the item system uve coded. By the way everyone. I tested what he has so far...and the gameplay is amazing. Keep it up!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back