• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
    Years
    It actually, kinda woudn't make sence if they didn't remake them, (in my opinion anyway) because

#1 Technology is evolving, look at the way Nintendo are bring out new DS systems, lately the new systems DONT have GBA slots anymore, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS and I think future consoles developed by Nintendo won't and it's more aimed at the younger generation so that means DS/DS Lites (the only DS consoles with GBA slots) are becoming less, and less popular and there's a rise in DSi, DSi XL'S and the Nintendo 3DS' will be REALLY popular. Therefore, Pokémon R/S/E won't be playable and will be the only region that aren't on DS. Take R/B/Y & G/S/C for instance, I bet nobody thought of remakes for G/S because Gameboy Advances we're still... kind of around anyway when it was just the Nintendo DS/Lite, but like things happen, GBA's became much less popular and DS/DS Lite dominated making G/S/C much less popular and harder to play, and the same will most likely happen and is happening with DSI & 3DS, they will dominate and sales for DS/DS Lites will drop dramatically making the GBA compatible slots virtually, invisible, thus making it much harder to play R/S/E

#2 All other past games that game with a new console and generation have been remade.
    FR/LG (Gen III, GBA SP)
    HG/SS (Gen IV, DS)
    ???/??? (Gen V, 3DS)
    It follows a plausable pattern, and it really, like I said woudn't make sence because that would mean no more games would be remade really, unless they plan on skipping R/S which is highly unlikely.

#3 R/S hasn't got some of the features that the games now, have i.e Elite Four Rematches, Post-Storyline, another thing R/S/E dosen't have, is the Special/Phsyical move split this made some Pokémon liek Swampert, Breloom, Metagross, Salemnece ect. (Introduced in Gen III) much stronger, and these are some Pokémon that are able to catch In-game before the Elite Four ect. so it would make sence to do something like that. It would also be an idea do this is as there has been and is no Event for such Pokémon introduced in Gen III like Jirachi & Deoxys, there's been recent Celebi & Raikou, Entei & Suicune events but no Jirachi, Deoxys or the legendarys from Gen III (Aside Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Latios & Latias)

I'd really love to see the return of the likes of, Team Magma & Aqua, the Gym Leaders, the Towns, well.. basically Hoenn! with Gabby & Ty who were great to train on!

So they're some of my reasons why I think an R/S remake is possible, and now that we're getting close to the release of B/W I think alot more speculation and news will start coming in, especially from hints referred from Black & White.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    That last post makes me wish that they'd waited a bit longer and done FRLG on DS. GBA just seems so primitive now.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    That last post makes me wish that they'd waited a bit longer and done FRLG on DS. GBA just seems so primitive now.
    -still plays my gba- xD Its really hard to believe that Ruby and Sapphire are almost 10 years old. Time flies by quick. Its still a little too soon to really tell anything.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Its really hard to believe that Ruby and Sapphire are almost 10 years old. Time flies by quick.

I know, I thought this too, come next year it will be their 10th Anniversary, which is amazing because it seems like they're really recent IMO.

Anyway, on Bulbapedia under Pokémon Ruby & Pokémon Sapphire it starts out saying

The player starts their journey in Littleroot Town, where the family has just moved in from the Johto region after the player's father, Norman, became the leader of the Petalburg Gym.

That must mean R/S was set a couple years after Gold & Silver, obviously, therefore proceeding it, so if that's the case and we've just had HG/SS which was set in Johto, dosen't that mean a R/S remake will come after it if they moved FROM Johto TO Hoenn?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I know, I thought this too, come next year it will be their 10th Anniversary, which is amazing because it seems like they're really recent IMO.

Anyway, on Bulbapedia under Pokémon Ruby & Pokémon Sapphire it starts out saying

The player starts their journey in Littleroot Town, where the family has just moved in from the Johto region after the player's father, Norman, became the leader of the Petalburg Gym.

That must mean R/S was set a couple years after Gold & Silver, obviously, therefore proceeding it, so if that's the case and we've just had HG/SS which was set in Johto, dosen't that mean a R/S remake will come after it if they moved FROM Johto TO Hoenn?
    Thats the same thing that was said in the manga. It would'nt be right if they just drop Hoenn and kill that dialogue. So that statement right there give me more reason to believe that the remake is coming soon.

Dragonite's Wrath

Dragons are my Heart and Soul
    Years
    I would buy

The R/S/E games were fun so I'd get them, but why not remake a remake? I think Nintendo should remake Yellow Version and Crystal Version. I loved those. Especially the Pikachu following you everywhere.
    I know the poke follow thing is back, but it's just not the same.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Nintendo are mainly in it for the money, and if you look at the sales record for the Pokémon games it would make sence to remake it because it would pull in alot of money for them.

G/S Sales - $14M
    R/S Sales - $13M (Only 1M shy of G/S so not much of a difference and G/C were remade)

G/S/C Sales - $17M
    R/S/E Sales - $19M.. More than G/S/C, got remade in 2009. That's my opinion anyway.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    The GBA sold a lot less less systems overall than the original Gameboy and it's line too, so that's pretty impressive.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Now I'm just wondering what game comes next, because if there isn't a R/S remake, what's next? Because of the trusted news source asking GameFreak wheather there will be a third game and their responce was No.
    But if their is a R/S remake then it means it could be released earlier if they don't have to work on a third game, that is, if that's true.

Shining Raichu

Years

That must mean R/S was set a couple years after Gold & Silver

No, I think you have this a bit wrong. Just because the character's father moved the family from Johto to become a Gym Leader, that doesn't mean that R/S was set after G/S - you have to consider that Johto would have existed long before the G/S story takes place. I've actually read somewhere (probably Bulbapedia) that the Kanto and Hoenn stories took place at the same time, and the Johto and Sinnoh ones took place at the same time three years later.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    The wacky part of it is that the games will be in the same timeline as Gen 5. It may not make sense but thats how its gonna be. Because if G/s takes place after r/b and d/p is the same time as Hg/SS and B/w Takes place after g/s and the r/s remakes will be in the same time as B/w then it would be impossible for r/s to be in the same time as r/b

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I don't follow your logic.

What does it matter that the RSE remakes may be set at the same time as BW?

thats the reason many people are giving when they say R/S wont be remade, there sticking to a timeline that really doesnt stick to itself.

Shining Raichu

Years
    I don't think that really matters. They could still set the R/S remakes in the same time period as the originals. If the concern is that trading with B/W (or even HGSS, and DPPt) would mean trading across time, they have done this before - you could trade between R/B/Y and G/S/C (which are set three years apart), so long as you didn't try to trade the Gen 2 Pokemon.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I don't think that really matters. They could still set the R/S remakes in the same time period as the originals. If the concern is that trading with B/W (or even HGSS, and DPPt) would mean trading across time, they have done this before - you could trade between R/B/Y and G/S/C (which are set three years apart), so long as you didn't try to trade the Gen 2 Pokemon.

That wouldnt be a good idea. But listen to this, One of the Plasma Grunts in the castle references Team Rocket and Team Galactic. He says that Team Plasma learned from them, because they were conspicuous, and that's why people could interfere with their plans.
    notice how he didnt say team magma or aqua , i mean come on nobody was more conspicuous then them. So that got me thinking maybe those events in R/S didnt happen yet so that could be a hint into a remake

Shining Raichu

Years
    That wouldnt be a good idea. But listen to this, One of the Plasma Grunts in the castle references Team Rocket and Team Galactic. He says that Team Plasma learned from them, because they were conspicuous, and that's why people could interfere with their plans.
    notice how he didnt say team magma or aqua , i mean come on nobody was more conspicuous then them. So that got me thinking maybe those events in R/S didnt happen yet so that could be a hint into a remake

I've always heard that Kanto and Hoenn happened at the same time, and Johto and Sinnoh happened at the same time, three years later - so if Unova happens after Sinnoh, the Hoenn story must have already happened - unless of course my sources are wrong. I think the logic behind it was that Kanto and Hoenn were on GBA and then the others were on DS - but I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to patch over the timeline to make it work - I hope you're right, and this is what they've already started doing.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I've always heard that Kanto and Hoenn happened at the same time, and Johto and Sinnoh happened at the same time, three years later - so if Unova happens after Sinnoh, the Hoenn story must have already happened - unless of course my sources are wrong. I think the logic behind it was that Kanto and Hoenn were on GBA and then the others were on DS - but I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to patch over the timeline to make it work - I hope you're right, and this is what they've already started doing.

Your right it says it in bulbapedia but i think there gonna change it really

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back