• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthrai

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Question: What Gen IV and V Pokémon would you like to see implemented into the Hoenn wild in the remakes, if any?

Let's see:

-Evolutions for Pokémon in the Hoenn Dex such as Rhyperior, Gallade and Dusknoir (in a re-worked Hoenn Dex).

-Sinnoh starters can be obtained after meeting certain conditions.

-Pokémon from Generations I, II and IV not in the Hoenn Dex can be caught in various locations after getting the National Dex.

-Various Sinnoh legendaries, including Dialga in the Ruby remake and Palkia in the Sapphire remake. If you trade both to the same game, you unlock the Distortion World and can catch Giratina there.

-You get a Riolu as a gift.

-Probably some sort of event like the Sinjoh Ruins Arceus event where you can obtain Reshiram, Zekrom or Kyurem.

-Event-locked locations to catch Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect (an idea could be to unlock Keldeo if you trade the other three musketeers from Black/White)?

-Probably a good idea if most Gen V Pokémon are unobtainable in the game, since it would fit well with the idea of Unova being a distant, separate region. However, like Fenyx said, it would be cool if the Gym Leaders and Elite 4 had some Unova Pokémon in their parties for rematches (Haxorus and Hydreigon for Drake, Bouffalant for Norman, Volcarona for Flannery...)

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    by the time an RSE Remake does come out, DS/Lites will be obsolete, and everyone will have 3DS, which does not have a GBA Slot. Therefore, an RSE Remake will be necessary, in order to get 3rd gen pokemon.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Let's see:

-Evolutions for Pokémon in the Hoenn Dex such as Rhyperior, Gallade and Dusknoir (in a re-worked Hoenn Dex).

-Sinnoh starters can be obtained after meeting certain conditions.

-Pokémon from Generations I, II and IV not in the Hoenn Dex can be caught in various locations after getting the National Dex.

-Various Sinnoh legendaries, including Dialga in the Ruby remake and Palkia in the Sapphire remake. If you trade both to the same game, you unlock the Distortion World and can catch Giratina there.

-You get a Riolu as a gift.

-Probably some sort of event like the Sinjoh Ruins Arceus event where you can obtain Reshiram, Zekrom or Kyurem.

-Event-locked locations to catch Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect (an idea could be to unlock Keldeo if you trade the other three musketeers from Black/White)?

-Probably a good idea if most Gen V Pokémon are unobtainable in the game, since it would fit well with the idea of Unova being a distant, separate region. However, like Fenyx said, it would be cool if the Gym Leaders and Elite 4 had some Unova Pokémon in their parties for rematches (Haxorus and Hydreigon for Drake, Bouffalant for Norman, Volcarona for Flannery...)

these are some great ideas that i can see in the game.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I've noticed in Black and White that a lot of the themes contain remixes of Hoenn themes within them.
    Unova Elite 4 music contains Hoenn E4 music remix part way through it. The random trainer battle has a small piece of Steven/Wallace's theme.
    There are parts in Reshiram and Zekrom theme that sound like the trainer battle theme from RSE.

Years
    This probably won't happen, but I hope that the (possible) R/S/E remakes are similar to B/W and have no other generation Pokemon appear in the games. I like the idea of being in a certain region, and only seeing Pokemon that are native to it. I mean, seriously, if it doesn't happen, then I'll have to deal with seeing played out Pokemon like Zubat, Machop, and Geodude again. T_T

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
    Lol, it's going to go on forever, remakes after remakes, soon it will be remakes of remakes :P

And I'll still buy them. I'll buy every new Pokemon game they come out with :,p

So I deffinetely hope they will make a remake, I just replayed Emerald and it was so fun! Just needs new Pokemon and better graphics!

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2011
    but since kyogre, groudon and rayquazza have been in HG/SS, it's kind of made the need for a hoenn expansion obsolete in a way as the legendarys are able to be captured on a ds platform, but i would still play it more than SS any day

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    If RS are remade, there are a lot of things to think about:

Considering HGSS replaced the Crystal Battle Tower with the Platinum Battle Frontier, I'd bet on the Battle Subway or "Gray" Battle Frontier replacing the Emerald Battle Frontier.

The Steven vs. Wallace champion debate will continue. I'd prefer Steven as champion, but since he was the closest to a bonus boss Hoenn had, I'm thinking Wallace will be the champion. This also lets Juan take Wallace's spot as Gym Leader.

Unlike in HGSS, the player characters will likely stay the same as neither was exclusive to the third version. Since RSE didn't let you name your rival, the remakes won't either. This means that there will be no rivals you can name in the entire Gen V.

For legendaries from the first four generations, I see it playing out this way:

-Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus are uncatchable.
    -The legendary birds and legendary beasts are available through a side game, similar to how they were snaggable in XD and Colosseum respectively.
    -Mewtwo and the Sinnoh dragons are catchable in "Gray".
    -Ho-Oh, Lugia, all four Regis, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Heatran, and Cresselia are catchable in both Hoenn games.
    -Groudon and Latias are exclusive to the Ruby remake, while Kyogre and Latios are exclusive to the Sapphire remake.
    -The lake trio has to be transferred via Poké Transfer.

There could possibly be a Kanto remake, since the DSi and 3DS cannot play FRLG and there are no plans for GBA games on 3DS Virtual Console. That's for another thread though.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    There could possibly be a Kanto remake, since the DSi and 3DS cannot play FRLG and there are no plans for GBA games on 3DS Virtual Console. That's for another thread though.

Don't mention Kanto remakes lol - I think they're a WONDERFUL idea, but the people here are incredibly anti-Kanto these days. I was genuinely shocked to read the Kanto hate in a separate thread to this one.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
    kanto already have 3 remakes I don't think there will be FR/LG remake but
    maybe in the remakes of R/S you can visit kanto the game would be awesome.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Well, there were rumours of Johto being included in RSE the first time round. Not that I'm saying we should go to Johto, but I do think another region would be cool, be it Kanto or the Sevii Islands (although Kanto will need to change... a lot - it would need entirely new layouts for cities, altered route layouts etc)

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    but since kyogre, groudon and rayquazza have been in HG/SS, it's kind of made the need for a hoenn expansion obsolete in a way as the legendarys are able to be captured on a ds platform, but i would still play it more than SS any day
    Well Ho-Oh and Lugia were in FRLG which means HGSS were not needed.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Well, there were rumours of Johto being included in RSE the first time round. Not that I'm saying we should go to Johto, but I do think another region would be cool, be it Kanto or the Sevii Islands (although Kanto will need to change... a lot - it would need entirely new layouts for cities, altered route layouts etc)

I'm still waiting for that ultimate Pokemon game, the one that includes all the regions and all the Pokemon. Even if you have to dump your Pokemon in your PC or with a Professor or something when you start a new region and get a new starter and start over. Just a new story that encompasses every region would be so awesome.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I'm still waiting for that ultimate Pokemon game, the one that includes all the regions and all the Pokemon. Even if you have to dump your Pokemon in your PC or with a Professor or something when you start a new region and get a new starter and start over. Just a new story that encompasses every region would be so awesome.
    Too bad it'll never happen. Making this would put all the other games to waste.

HiroUey

Pokemon Master of Masters!
    Years

That would make a good FINAL pokemon game.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Same here, buddy. I've had this idea in my head for so many years, especially as a kid. Along with the idea though, you'd get to choose your path causing the storyline and events in the game to alter if you were to choose between being a Trainer, Coordinator, Ranger, and so on. This is something else though, and I doubt a RS remake would incorporate any of this, soo...

Speaking of coordinating, with a RS remake, I'm sure we can expect the return of Pokémon Contests. I'm hoping (if the game is built for the 3DS), they format the contests differently. Really bring in an appeal aspect of the games where we can use combinations in our Pokémon's attacks to impress the judges. Then add in an actual battle system with points so it feels like we're battling and not just shooting moves into the air as a final round.

I guess you could say I'm hoping they make the contests more anime-style.

That said, I hope they keep their split Contest Halls like Ruby and Sapphire had them and not place them all into one main building. I actually liked traveling to different locations to participate in each one. ):

Kninj

Collector Extraordinaire!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 19, 2012
    I'd probably buy one, even though the 3rd gen was probably my least favourite so far. It wasn't that i disliked them, they just didn't have as many pokemon that i liked as the others. Having said that, Contests were brilliant, and I did still thoroughly enjoy the games.

Of course, i'm sure there'll be one eventually. It doesnt have the same nostalgic feel that RBGY and GSC had, but i'm sure it would still sell fantastically.

This would be a beautiful moment ;_; can't see it ever happening, but BEAUTIFUL MOMENT ;_;

I would totally enjoy that though - it'd be cool setting off to a new region and only taking select pokemon with you, like Ash always takes Pikachu. Maybe you'd have to get a level-reset or something when you took it with you, but whaatever xD i dunno. it's complicated, but it'd still be awesome ;D

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    This would be a beautiful moment ;_; can't see it ever happening, but BEAUTIFUL MOMENT ;_;

I would totally enjoy that though - it'd be cool setting off to a new region and only taking select pokemon with you, like Ash always takes Pikachu. Maybe you'd have to get a level-reset or something when you took it with you, but whaatever xD i dunno. it's complicated, but it'd still be awesome ;D

The only way they could implement something like that, I think, would be to either A - make it harder to climb the level ladder to level 100, or B, go beyond level 100. The second option's more practical, IMO.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2013
    Game Freak would never break the Tradition of stopping at level 100. Same goes for a Region with every darn Pokemon ever created. At least they could drop all those rats and bidoofs, through. And there will be never such thing like FINAL game, unless Nintendo is going bankrupt

Decreasing the exp-gain from battles would make gameplay longer and the player could be longer satisfied, lol.
    I think the R/S-Remake is quite possilbe (and a Pokespe-Arc too!), at least like HG/SS, just in B/W-Playstyle.

Magma and Aqua need some more in-depth (no pun intended).

I can see it, Maxie get something like Waruvial, Ulgamoth or that Flamegorilla and Archie an Empoleon, Burungel or Giant Luvdisk as additions to their teams, and to make things a little bit tougher, even the underlings get new pokes, and their 3rd admins respectively. Courtney gets her Ninetales, Tabitha his Torcoal, and the Aquas that Ludicolo, Sharpedo remains as one of the Admins Pokes. Admins with Yenas are so gimmicky...
    Just imagine Team Magma with Heatran. :D

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back