• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    In a sense I wasn't seeing as Everyone said we'd only get 1 Kyurem Form for "Gray". In that particular instance everyone one who took part in that discussion was wrong, even the very many news sites that proved/wrote off the Rumored Coding found by one hacking team.

I run with facts over opinions. Facts are stacked against possibility of remakes currently. I'm also not grasping desperately at random occurances to force opinions as facts. Everytime some new form of "proof" of remakes it presented it seems more like a desperate attempt from random chance and coincidences.

We see things that are not there, read into it too much, and force it as a fact and become wholely disappointed when we are shown to be wrong. In the matter of box Mascot, as I've seen Forever say in another thread, it could have easily been Volcarona or Landorus and the game could have been called Crimson over getting two games.

Gamefreak came up with an innovative way to make Kyurem the Mascot and make two games instead of one. (Though kudos to the person that did call the fact we'd get two.) There are still a great many things they can pull out of a hat at this point.

When talking to a friend about possible remakes, he asked why would we need them? The Regis, Lati@s, and the Weather Trio are all available in HG/SS as well as many of Hoen's Pokemon. So Pokemon wise, there is a way to get them 4th Gen and transfer easily to Fifth Gen.

They also never completely removed whole systems from the game before. Black and White does not have Contest stats built into the game and two sets of items' abilities were removed. Why would they kill off items and a system introduced in Gen 3 if they intended to bring it back?

I'm also curious as to why no one has yet noticed that majority of Dream World Pokemon are Hoen Pokemon. Even in Gen 5 they are still easily receivable. If its this Easy to get them, what would the point be in making a game for them?
    As much as I want R/S/E remakes, I agree with the bolded. There is no proof whatsoever that there are definitely going to be remakes. Until it's confirmed I'm not going to get my hopes up.

However, I do think that some of the 'hints' that have been picked up on are unlikely to just be coincidental, particularly the whole thing with the dive ball description and the scientist in R/S/E who talks about Pokemon dreams.

That combined with the fact that R/S/E remakes will make Game Freak millions, I think it's safe to assume the likelihood of eventual remakes is quite high.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Pokemon 4Ever was the Fourth Movie made after the release of Pokemon Gold/Silver.

Pokemon the Movie 2000 was the First with Lugia in 1999 Same year as Gold/Silver's Release in America
    Mewtwo Returns was in 2000 Second Johto Movie.
    Pokemon 3 The Movie with Entie was Third in 2000.
    Pokemon 4Ever was the Fourth Johto Movie released in 2002. TWO years after Crystal.

Hoens:
    Pokemon Heroes was first in 2003
    Jiranchi The Wish Maker was Third in 2003
    Destiny Deoxys was Third in 2004

Sinnoh:
    Lucario and the Mystery of Mew was in 2005 Before the games were released.
    Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea was in 2006
    Rise of Darkrai was in 2007
    Girarina and the Sky Warrior was in 2008
    Arceus and the Jewel of Life was in 2009

Unova:
    Victini and the White/Black Hero was last(?) Year 2011
    Kyurem's Movie is coming out this year in Japan but we may not get it until later next year unless we get it before winter.

So your pattern is now 4-3-4-2

I'm not making up excuses. I'm presenting facts. I'm not blindly grabbing at random straws trying to weave together a story to prove myself right. I'm stating my opinion based off of what I've been given rather than using vague shadows and coincidences.

I am entitled to my opinions as much as you are, and you do not have to like what I post. I will defend or fight against opinions and speculations as is my right until there is solid proof that proves it right or wrong. If you don't like what I post then ignore me or find concrete evidence that says otherwise.
    You Honestly are just making stuff up.

Kanto only had 2 movies the 1st and movie 2000. Johto had 3 the third movie 4ever and Heroes. Hoenn had 4 movies Jirachi, Deoxys, Lucario and Manaphy. Sinnoh also had four Darkrai, Giratina & shaymin, Arceus and Zoroark. And right now Unova has 2 b/w victini and Kyurem and the swordsmen.

We knew Kyurem was going to be on the cover of the next main game after BW because of a pattern they do with the movies since Johto. The cover Pokemon is always in the 2nd movie of each region.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    You Honestly are just making stuff up.

Kanto only had 2 movies the 1st and movie 2000. Johto had 3 the third movie 4ever and Heroes. Hoenn had 4 movies Jirachi, Deoxys, Lucario and Manaphy. Sinnoh also had four Darkrai, Giratina & shaymin, Arceus and Zoroark. And right now Unova has 2 b/w victini and Kyurem and the swordsmen.

We knew Kyurem was going to be on the cover of the next main game after BW because of a pattern they do with the movies since Johto. The cover Pokemon is always in the 2nd movie of each region.

No I'm not making anything up.

https://www.listal.com/list/pokemon-movies

Based on Japanese Releases and from Wikipedia
    Pokémon: The First Movie—Mewtwo Strikes Back (1998) (Red and Green was released 2 years before)
    Pokémon: The Movie 2000—The Power of One (1999) (Gold and Silver's Release year)
    Pokémon 3: The Movie—Spell of the Unown (2000) (Crystal's Release Year)
    Pokémon 4Ever—Celebi: Voice of the Forest (2001)
    Pokémon Heroes (2002) (Ruby/Sapphire's Release Year)
    Pokémon: Jirachi Wish Maker (2003)
    Pokémon: Destiny Deoxys (2004) (Fire Red/Leaf Green's Release Year |Emerald's Release year)
    Pokémon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew (2005)
    Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (2006) (Diamond/Pearl's Release Year)
    Pokémon: The Rise of Darkrai (2007)
    Pokémon: Giratina and the Sky Warrior (2008) (Platinum's Release Year)
    Pokémon: Arceus and the Jewel of Life (2009)
    Pokémon: Zoroark: Master of Illusions (2010) (Black and White's Release Year)
    Pokémon the Movie: Black—Victini and Reshiram and
    Pokémon the Movie: White—Victini and Zekrom (2011)

Other than Crystal, Yes they match up, but your order was still wrong and yes my order was off as well, it also doesn't support anything for Remakes...so why did we bring up the movies?

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    No I'm not making anything up.

https://www.listal.com/list/pokemon-movies

Based on Japanese Releases and from Wikipedia
    Pokémon: The First Movie—Mewtwo Strikes Back (1998) (Red and Green was released 2 years before)
    Pokémon: The Movie 2000—The Power of One (1999) (Gold and Silver's Release year)
    Pokémon 3: The Movie—Spell of the Unown (2000) (Crystal's Release Year)
    Pokémon 4Ever—Celebi: Voice of the Forest (2001)
    Pokémon Heroes (2002) (Ruby/Sapphire's Release Year)
    Pokémon: Jirachi Wish Maker (2003)
    Pokémon: Destiny Deoxys (2004) (Fire Red/Leaf Green's Release Year |Emerald's Release year)
    Pokémon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew (2005)
    Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (2006) (Diamond/Pearl's Release Year)
    Pokémon: The Rise of Darkrai (2007)
    Pokémon: Giratina and the Sky Warrior (2008) (Platinum's Release Year)
    Pokémon: Arceus and the Jewel of Life (2009)
    Pokémon: Zoroark: Master of Illusions (2010) (Black and White's Release Year)
    Pokémon the Movie: Black—Victini and Reshiram and
    Pokémon the Movie: White—Victini and Zekrom (2011)

Other than Crystal, Yes they match up, but your order was still wrong and yes my order was off as well, it also doesn't support anything for Remakes...so why did we bring up the movies?
    The victini movies do not count as separate movies.

On topic- The Dive Ball does hint at 2 things because of it's nonsense description.
    1. RS remakes
    2. Re adding of wild Pokemon underwater in BW2

XanderO don't say what you said before about this. If this didn't hint at anything they would've left the description the same as it was in FRLGDPPtHGSS.

Yes it is possible for them to re add mechanics that were removed such as secret bases and berry growing.

All Gen 2 Pokemon were already obtainable through FRLG/E/Col/XD so this throws the Hoenn Pokemon are already obtainable is thrown out the window thanks to HGSS.

The DSLite part is also just a random counter. Everyone doesn't own a DSLite or a 3rd gen game. Both are tough to find nowadays anyway. Yes my local Gamestop still has GBA games and Wal-Mart still has DSLites, but I've visited others that didn't.

Yes it would be a smart thing for Game Freak to do because it would save them more time and money for future games.

Last edited:

Chrono

\:D/
    Years
    I feel that they will remake Hoenn maybe after Black and White 2 or maybe be added in the sequels, if this actually happens I'd buy the game xP

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013

On topic- The Dive Ball does hint at 2 things because of it's nonsense description.
    1. RS remakes

XanderO don't say what you said before about this. If this didn't hint at anything they would've left the description the same as it was in FRLGDPPtHGSS.

Yes it is possible for them to re add mechanics that were removed such as secret bases and berry growing.

All Gen 2 Pokemon were already obtainable through FRLG/E/Col/XD so this throws the Hoenn Pokemon are already obtainable is thrown out the window thanks to HGSS.

The DSLite part is also just a random counter. Everyone doesn't own a DSLite or a 3rd gen game. Both are tough to find nowadays anyway. Yes my local Gamestop still has GBA games and Wal-Mart still has DSLites, but I've visited others that didn't.

Yes it would be a smart thing for Game Freak to do because it would save them more time and money for future games.

Just because not everyone can play the original versions, doesn't justify a remake. If that's the case, every video game EVER should be remade, which isn't gonna happen.

In my opinion, now is not the time for a remake of R/S/E. Everyone was surprised that Black and White weren't for the 3DS. It's safe to say that Gen. 6 will be 3DS only, THEN we'll probably get 3rd. Gen remakes. That makes more sense because the GBA versions aren't compatible with the 3DS, which would then justify a remake. Fact is though, if you own a standard Nintendo DS, you can play Gen. 3, 4, and 5 all on that 1 system.

The reasoning for HG/SS was more about the generational gap between Gen 2 and 3. However, only if you had a Gamecube as well could you obtain some Johto exclusive Pokemon. HG/SS were to make them available in a handheld game without forcing people to go out and buy another whole game concole. That way, all Pokemon could be obtained through the Nintendo DS alone.

I feel that remakes will definitely come in the future, but Game Freak should hold off until Gen. 6.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

1. RS remakes

It actually does NOT say what it said in Ruby and Sapphire anyway. They are similar but they are not the same thing. The new one is more a cross between Gen 3 and Gen 4's description.

R/S/E Description: A ball that works better on Pokémon on the ocean floor.

Literally means you had to Dive to get the effect.

FR/LG Descripton: A somewhat different Ball that works especially well on Pokémon deep in the sea.

Means that you have to go out to sea or some way of pulling them out of the water (Surfing or Fishing)

D/P/Pt/SS/HG Description: A somewhat different Poké Ball that works especially well on Pokémon that live in the sea.

This just means its like Net Ball, but you have to find the Pokemon in Water. (Again Surfing or Fishing)

B/W Description: A somewhat different Poké Ball that works especially well on Pokémon that live underwater.

This means that it works better on Pokemon that live underwater. The description is pretty Black and White (OMG forgive me for that horrible pun). Ways to bring up a Pokemon from underwater, Surfing and Fishing. Diving could work if they had the actual grass in the water. Still the description is much closer to FR/LG/D/P/Pt/HG/SS's description than R/S/E's.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    It actually does NOT say what it said in Ruby and Sapphire anyway. They are similar but they are not the same thing. The new one is more a cross between Gen 3 and Gen 4's description.

R/S/E Description: A ball that works better on Pokémon on the ocean floor.

Literally means you had to Dive to get the effect.

FR/LG Descripton: A somewhat different Ball that works especially well on Pokémon deep in the sea.

Means that you have to go out to sea or some way of pulling them out of the water (Surfing or Fishing)

D/P/Pt/SS/HG Description: A somewhat different Poké Ball that works especially well on Pokémon that live in the sea.

This just means its like Net Ball, but you have to find the Pokemon in Water. (Again Surfing or Fishing)

B/W Description: A somewhat different Poké Ball that works especially well on Pokémon that live underwater.

This means that it works better on Pokemon that live underwater. The description is pretty Black and White (OMG forgive me for that horrible pun). Ways to bring up a Pokemon from underwater, Surfing and Fishing. Diving could work if they had the actual grass in the water. Still the description is much closer to FR/LG/D/P/Pt/HG/SS's description than R/S/E's.
    Tell me why is it you don't want RS Remakes? Why do you always start clawing at people in this thread who find a hint/reason for RS Remakes? You obviously claiming everything you say as fact makes you seem like one of those people who think they're the smartest thing alive, when it just makes you look like a jerk. I've been with Pokemon since it came to America. I knew Kyurem would be on the cover of the games after BW1(You didn't).

You can try and tick me and the thousand others who said yes to the poll above by coming up with random excuses but you will never change our minds. RS remakes will happen soon just watch.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    Tell me why is it you don't want RS Remakes? Why do you always start clawing at people in this thread who find a hint/reason for RS Remakes? You obviously claiming everything you say as fact makes you seem like one of those people who think they're the smartest thing alive, when it just makes you look like a jerk. I've been with Pokemon since it came to America. I knew Kyurem would be on the cover of the games after BW1(You didn't).

You can try and tick me and the thousand others who said yes to the poll above by coming up with random excuses but you will never change our minds. RS remakes will happen soon just watch.

I can't speak for XanderO, but I don't think anyone is AGAINST R/S/E remakes. I would love to see an updated Ruby, but not directly after B/W 2. There's too much potential in the remakes for them to come out so soon and for a dying system. The point I think XanderO is trying to make is that we shouldn't get our hopes up right now. Game Freak doesn't seem too interested in the idea, so we shouldn't be EXPECTING remakes to come out.

A 3DS remake would be a much better idea, and makes more sense. Nintendo is trying make the final move from the DS to the 3DS. It would be much more rewarding to save the remakes for later and for a new, better system.

Also, I have to agree with his take on the Dive Ball. The B/W description does not mean that it is to be used while using Dive. The quote is "works especially well on Pokémon that live underwater", not Pokemon that ARE underwater. This simply implies that it works on Pokemon you catch from Fishing and probably Surfing too because those Pokemon do live underwater.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

Who ever said I didn't want the remakes? I do not support people stating Opinions as facts. I have even said a few times that if they make them it'll be next year or so.

I'm saying find real proof and not search for coincidences or vague references that have more than one meaning. You misinterpreted Dive Ball's description and are mad I corrected you.

You wanna play the right and wrong game?

You said the Evolutions to the Starters were Fake after telling everyone to wait for proof from Official sources. You were as Adamant as I am right now, though I'm not saying they won't make Remakes like you said the Starter's Evolutions were absolutely Fake. I'm saying find actual proof and not force feed your opinions as a fact.

As for the Poll in this thread is says: "If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?"

It does not ask if they WILL be remade.

I do believe its going to be remade. When? Who knows? I'm guessing we'll hear the first tidbits in 5 to 6 months, though that's way too early really seeing as we are just getting B2W2. So really it could be another 8 to 10 Months before we hear official word.

There isn't any solid proof right now about them, just opinions and coincidences making Rumors.

I can't speak for XanderO, but I don't think anyone is AGAINST R/S/E remakes. I would love to see an updated Ruby, but not directly after B/W 2. There's too much potential in the remakes for them to come out so soon and for a dying system. The point I think XanderO is trying to make is that we shouldn't get our hopes up right now. Game Freak doesn't seem too interested in the idea, so we shouldn't be EXPECTING remakes to come out.

A 3DS remake would be a much better idea, and makes more sense. Nintendo is trying make the final move from the DS to the 3DS. It would be much more rewarding to save the remakes for later and for a new, better system.

Bolded statement. Its what I said in Kyurem as Mascot thread as well. While I still believe Cobalion and Landorus could have made better mascots at the time. The new forms thanks to the movie seem more interesting now seeing as they now have a story that seems to make it more interesting a choice.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    THis thread is for speculation not shooting people who are speculating down.If someone is speculating(Unless it is something incredibly impossible) they shouldn't be getting fussed at by people like you two. This thread was made for speculation not. Show XanderO and his bestest buddy confirmed info for them.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    THis thread is for speculation not shooting people who are speculating down.If someone is speculating(Unless it is something incredibly impossible) they shouldn't be getting fussed at by people like you two. This thread was made for speculation not. Show XanderO and his bestest buddy confirmed info for them.

No one is fussing at anyone. This is a simple discussion about possible remakes. Some of us feel they're coming, others don't. That's why this thread exists, to discuss why think what we think. The very first post in this thread asks "What do you think?" We are simply sharing our opinions, just like you.

Also, to my knowledge, no one has said "There won't be ANY remake of these games". Most everyone believes that remakes WILL come, but as for WHEN they will come has become the main issue.

Fact is, there is no evidence for or against remakes. That is why we are discussing it here. Everyone has done the same thing: presented their thoughts based on the information we have at hand. Just because we don't agree with you doesn't mean we are wrong or being mean.

As I said before, I want a Ruby remake and I believe we will eventually get one. But it should be for the 3DS. The wait would be worth it.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Who ever said I didn't want the remakes? I do not support people stating Opinions as facts. I have even said a few times that if they make them it'll be next year or so.

I'm saying find real proof and not search for coincidences or vague references that have more than one meaning. You misinterpreted Dive Ball's description and are mad I corrected you.

There isn't any solid proof right now about them, just opinions and coincidences making Rumors.

First of all, like Rocky said, this is a 'speculation' thread, not a 'list of proof for the remakes' thread. This is for discussion of what we hope to see/think we'll see in the games, not a direct compilation of "this is exactly what will be in the games, everyone", so your 'go find proof' doesn't necessarily make much sense here.

I've read almost this whole thread and very rarely have I found anyone who has 100% stated that what they've found is proof.

Possible hints(or coincidences as you call them) =/= Proof, so exactly who is pointing out 100% facts here.

Just as much as any of us could be wrong, you can be wrong as well. Just because your so-called 'stacks' are your meaning for there to not be remakes this Gen or anytime soon doesn't mean that they couldn't pull it off if they really wanted to.

As has been said before, mechanics are constantly being taken out, added back in, added(new), and what not. Take the bug catching contest as an example; was there a need at all for that, seeing how we can find bug types all over the place now? No, there was no need, it was just one of Gen 2's 'unique accessories'.

I'm not saying you have no reason to believe things might not make a return but, as most of this is speculation, anything can happen really. A lot of people do not have constant internet connection, if any internet at all, so that takes the whole DW portion out for them(which would justify berry growing's return, Hoenn being nature-based anyways).

It should already be known that nothing is set in stone(even the lack of stuff and good points you brought up mean nothing until anything is confirmed, just as others' coincidences mean nothing).

Who's to say we couldn't see the remakes sooner and kick off the 3DS period instead of a new set being first? With all this breaking trends and such, I'm starting to get lost for once, haha. :D

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

We are allowed to post our opinions on speculations. You are guilty of blatantly shooting down opinions yourself. Why don't you take some time off and cool down before you start actively insulting people who have a different opinion than you.

A Speculation is discussing what we think. Even if we disagree with another speculation we are allowed to do so. I do not believe in the information you and others have posted due to their origin and base and I am free to dispute them.

You can make more accurate guesses with fact rather than fiction. You openly berating me for having a different opinion than you is insulting on its own.

Every Speculation thread has someone that disagrees with the current speculation, after a while of disputing it, another speculation rises and the cycle continues.

Saying that we have to accept one person's opinion just because its yours and you don't want your opinion pushed to the side by other people isn't speculating, its forcing your ideas down our throats.

I'm not posting absolutes on what I think will happen. I say I think or maybe or possibly because its my opinion and others are free to dispute it. And just like when another disputes it I will back it up with finding from the game or other media sources as I have been doing.

And just cause you have an issue with me not liking your idea and getting under your collar PLEASE do NOT take it out or Drag someone else into the matter. I don't know the other two that agreed with me. They just my opinions on certain aspects.

One agreed and disagreed with me on two different points. He gave me his opinion why he disagreed and I gave him my opinion as to why I thought it was as I saw it.

To try and get this back on track, yes I have an issue with the fact that they removed Berry Growing from the Game itself. They system had a progressive fall from Gen 3 to Gen 4 with the patches becoming harder to find and more limited, then non-existant in the Remakes and the system for growing completely removed from Black and White. You can go to the Dream World to do so but that's one of the main attractions to the Dream World. I do feel that re-implementing it to the games would take away from the Dream World's appeal as you'd most likely just play and grow berries on your games rather than go onto the Dream World daily to grow the berries.

If the remakes can link to the Dream World, there is the possibility that the Games won't get the Berry Growing system back. If they do they'd kill an aspect to the Dream World and it would pretty much just be the GBU again. Though can you imagine Ruby/Sapphire without Berry Growing? I honestly can't cause that was the Gen that created the system.

First of all, like Rocky said, this is a 'speculation' thread, not a 'list of proof for the remakes' thread. This is for discussion of what we hope to see/think we'll see in the games, not a direct compilation of "this is exactly what will be in the games, everyone", so your 'go find proof' doesn't necessarily make much sense here.

I've read almost this whole thread and very rarely have I found anyone who has 100% stated that what they've found is proof.

Possible hints(or coincidences as you call them) =/= Proof, so exactly who is pointing out 100% facts here.

There have been a few people, as in every speculation thread, that are saying "It WILL be done" without saying why or because some Pokemon's Eye Color is some shade of Red/Blue/Green. As I said as part of the Speculation I am free to discuss why I disagree with the matter. Even though you and he says we are free to say what we think, -I- am being persecuted because I disagree with what is said. Even pulling in two innocent posters that simply agreed with my opinion.

As has been said before, mechanics are constantly being taken out, added back in, added(new), and what not.
    Only ones I've seen constantly taken out and re-added are Rematches and Battle Frontier which are exclusive to Remakes and Third Games. So yes guess what I'm expecting to see in the Remakes and in B2W2...Though there are systems that have never been removed before and Item effects that were removed. Not changed, simply removed. Dive Ball was one that was changed, but only the description changed in B/W even though the description says roughly the same thing as FR/LG/P/D/Pt/HG/SS.

[I'm not saying you have no reason to believe things might not make a return but, as most of this is speculation, anything can happen really.
    Yet I'm being attacked and others are attempting to force me out of the discussion because I do not share their opinion.

A lot of people do not have constant internet connection, if any internet at all, so that takes the whole DW portion out for them(which would justify berry growing's return, Hoenn being nature-based anyways).

While this is true internationally, Gamefreak tends to pull most of their information and support to the Japanese Community mostly. The entire place is almost one giant Wifi Hotspot. If it brings up their numbers (god knows how many American copies were sold thanks to the Lucario Ploy), they support it more than another or older alternatives. Which is what happened to Contests. It had appeal, but it wasn't high enough.

Last edited:

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    If the remakes can link to the Dream World, there is the possibility that the Games won't get the Berry Growing system back. If they do they'd kill an aspect to the Dream World and it would pretty much just be the GBU again. Though can you imagine Ruby/Sapphire without Berry Growing? I honestly can't cause that was the Gen that created the system.

RS remakes, if they have their own DW, could have different functions than the current DW for BW. It would be a bit...boring to have both of them communicate with the exact same type of DW, imo. This would appeal to people who prefer one series' DW over the other.

I personally don't see how berry planting making a return would destroy the DW, especially in that sense. I don't just go to the DW to plant berries last I checked. I love the little minigames, I love decorating my place with new stuff to my liking, I like checking out other friends'/peoples' homes, and it goes on. They can always add in stuff if they feel the need, as I think they would anyway. The tons of possibilities of DW(and online aspects) is one of the reasons I look forward to something like it. There's much room to expand, taking or adding one thing(reasonable) isn't going to kill it off.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013

Just as much as any of us could be wrong, you can be wrong as well. Just because your so-called 'stacks' are your meaning for there to not be remakes this Gen or anytime soon doesn't mean that they couldn't pull it off if they really wanted to.

As has been said before, mechanics are constantly being taken out, added back in, added(new), and what not. Take the bug catching contest as an example; was there a need at all for that, seeing how we can find bug types all over the place now? No, there was no need, it was just one of Gen 2's 'unique accessories'.

I'm not saying you have no reason to believe things might not make a return but, as most of this is speculation, anything can happen really. A lot of people do not have constant internet connection, if any internet at all, so that takes the whole DW portion out for them(which would justify berry growing's return, Hoenn being nature-based anyways).

It should already be known that nothing is set in stone(even the lack of stuff and good points you brought up mean nothing until anything is confirmed, just as others' coincidences mean nothing).

Who's to say we couldn't see the remakes sooner and kick off the 3DS period instead of a new set being first? With all this breaking trends and such, I'm starting to get lost for once, haha. :D

Actually, you're wrong about this thread. Go back and read the very first post. This is asking about whether or not we think R/S/E remakes are coming based on the references made in HG/SS and in B/W, not a thread about suggestions or ideas for the games.

Everything everyone has posted here is 100% opinion only. There is absolutely no solid evidence for either side, only theories and ideas. Right now, all this is is a discussion on why some of us think remakes are coming soon and others think they aren't.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Actually, you're wrong about this thread. Go back and read the very first post. This is asking about whether or not we think R/S/E remakes are coming based on the references made in HG/SS and in B/W, not a thread about suggestions or ideas for the games.

Everything everyone has posted here is 100% opinion only. There is absolutely no solid evidence for either side, only theories and ideas. Right now, all this is is a discussion on why some of us think remakes are coming soon and others think they aren't.

So this thread is one big compilation of proof, yet nothing that can be considered 100% proof exists? Talking about what we think may or may not in the games is just as much speculation about the remakes as talking about when/if they're coming last I checked, which is a lot of what this thread is.

May I ask where there are confirmations as to what the games will have/when they will come?( LMFAO, now I'm starting to sound like Xander, damn you :D )

Yes, I just looked back at the first post and what I see is a list of possible hints of past games and the comparison to what we call hints now, in this case, for RSE remakes. My 'suggestions'(not sure where you pulled that from, tbh) are what I was saying might be in the games(which is what a lot of us are discussing, no?) What thread are you reading? XD Please read the thread title as well and look at how it isn't some random title and actually fits into what's being discussed.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    RS remakes, if they have their own DW, could have different functions than the current DW for BW. It would be a bit...boring to have both of them communicate with the exact same type of DW, imo. This would appeal to people who prefer one series' DW over the other.

I personally don't see how berry planting making a return would destroy the DW, especially in that sense. I don't just go to the DW to plant berries last I checked. I love the little minigames, I love decorating my place with new stuff to my liking, I like checking out other friends'/peoples' homes, and it goes on. They can always add in stuff if they feel the need, as I think they would anyway. The tons of possibilities of DW(and online aspects) is one of the reasons I look forward to something like it. There's much room to expand, taking or adding one thing(reasonable) isn't going to kill it off.

I've caught all I've needed from the currently released Pokemon and at this point only go on to plant and harvest berries. All my friends are at the same point. All of their friends are as well. Once you catch all there is to catch in the Dream World, things to do become much more limited.

I know its aimed at smaller children so the games are very childish and appeal to them to play them as often as possible, but everyone plays the Dream World for their own reasons. Myself and 50+ People (small number compared to nations, but who is to say others aren't doing the same thing by the same reasoning?) are only gathering berries for our competitive use as well as EV training.

Though even after that there isn't really much to do right now. I'm missing only a few berries.

If you are able to go and find/Grow them in game and have all the Dream World ones you want would you continue playing the Dream World?

Last edited:

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I've caught all I've needed from the currently released Pokemon and at this point only go on to plant and harvest berries. All my friends are at the same point. All of their friends are as well. Once you catch all there is to catch in the Dream World, things to do become much more limited.

I know its aimed at smaller children so the games are very childish and appeal to them to play them as often as possible, but everyone plays the Dream World for their own reasons. Myself and 50+ People (small number compared to nations, but who is to say others aren't doing the same thing by the same reasoning?) are only gathering berries for our competitive use as well as EV training.

Though even after that there isn't really much to do right now. I'm missing only a few berries.

Well I'm sure you'd be ready to welcome changes as well, instead of sticking with 'only' what this set of games' BW is limited to. I guess it depends on what more they plan on doing with the DW.

It would be a bit heartbreaking to see the effort of the DW go to waste if the they keep the same one but also bring back planting; That's why I feel they'll add a bunch more changes. :) There's so much potential for a system like it to be so limited. I agree that it can be a bit 'eh' when you think about it as a whole.

EDIT: I would still use it for the other reasons I mentioned before, just a little less, but that's just me. I see your point though, for someone more interested in the berries than anything else, it would leave the DW deserted(with them being a lot more accessible ingame). I really hope they can come to some kind of agreement if any of this happens, taking berry growing from Hoenn really destroys it's more nature-y feel of things. Tbh, seeing Hoenn without the secret bases, berry growing, style of contests, etc. is like seeing a frostingless cake; It'd still would taste good(weird comparison, I know, haha) but would feel like it's missing something big(more noticeably, what would set it aside from others)....should be able to see what I mean. XD

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back