• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
  • Shaol Shell/Salt and The Flutes had their functions removed so in terms of support, this actually seems to hurt more as they don't have effects other than being Sellable Items. They also removed Contests and Berry Growing from the games in this Gen, all of these were introduced in Gen 3 so removing them supports the "There won't be remakes" clause.

Only chance of Concrete evidence of a Remake is if Game Freak says they are making one.
    The shoal items have had no reason at all since RSE. PLus they have always been useless items since DPPT. Them being obtainable in BW makes your "There won't be remakes" clause even more pointless. They can easily re add the berry growing system. The Dive Ball effect is pointless in BW yes you can Dive but there are no wild Pokemon underwater. Plus they didn't entirely remove the contests. The Musical is a if they left the dressing up part of the 4th gen contest's in.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    The shoal items have had no reason at all since RSE. PLus they have always been useless items since DPPT. Them being obtainable in BW makes your "There won't be remakes" clause even more pointless. They can easily re add the berry growing system. The Dive Ball effect is pointless in BW yes you can Dive but there are no wild Pokemon underwater. Plus they didn't entirely remove the contests. The Musical is a if they left the dressing up part of the 4th gen contest's in.

No they can't easily add Berry Growing back in because of the Dream World. To reinstate the Berry system into the game would also force them to possibly shut down or remove the function from Dream world, as that is one of the only reasons to go to the Dream World other than the Pokemon Abilities.

Musicals are nothing compared to Contests, they aren't even close to being similar. All you do with Musical is dress them up and then let them dance.

Contests had their own specific Stats incorporated which was removed in HG/SS. While HG/SS had made new ones to replace basic Contest ones, they were not the same stat systems as Feebas can only be evolved in D/P/Pt since it had a Beauty Stats still in its System.

Black and White removed it completely. Why would they remove the Core system to Contests if they intended to bring them back? They removed all of the systems that were introduced in gen 3 (Except Double/Tag Battles) from the current games. That's evidence that stacks against remakes.

And while Dive Ball's description was changed back to Pokemon Underwater, it still has the capture mechanics from D/P/Pt/HG/SS.

From Serebii said:
    The Dive Ball is a PokéBall that works best on Pokémon when you are Underwater having used the HM move Dive in Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald. In later games, the Dive Ball is more effective on Pokémon who are found in the water while Surfing or Fishing. When Underwater, Surfing or Fishing, the Capture Rate of the Dive Ball is 3.5. At all other times, it is 1.

From Bulbapedia said:
    Dive Ball 1× or 3.5× 3.5× only if divingRSE or surfing/fishingFRLGDPPtHGSSBW

So even though its description reverted its effect did not.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Contests had their own specific Stats incorporated which was removed in HG/SS. While HG/SS had made new ones to replace basic Contest ones, they were not the same stat systems as Feebas can only be evolved in D/P/Pt since it had a Beauty Stats still in its System.

Black and White removed it completely. Why would they remove the Core system to Contests if they intended to bring them back? They removed all of the systems that were introduced in gen 3 (Except Double/Tag Battles) from the current games. That's evidence that stacks against remakes.

Take a look at this:

Bulbapedia said:
    Although Contest conditions are a hidden stat in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, and Pokémon Black and White, a Feebas that has maximum Beauty will still evolve in these games. The Prism Scale, introduced in Generation V, was created due to the fact that there is no legitimate way to raise the Beauty of a Feebas created in the Generation V games, whereas with FireRed and LeafGreen, a trade to Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald was all that was required, and a haircut or grooming by Daisy Oak is all that is required in HeartGold and SoulSilver.

It says Feebas can evolve in by raising beauty in HG/SS and that beauty stat still exist in B/W but there is no legitimate way to raise it, maybe by hacking. So it's not removed completely.

Also saying that they'll never bring back Contest because they removed it is not true at all. Day/Night system was in gen 2, later got removed in gen 3 but did come back in gen 4. Some features are being removed and brought back for some reasons. It depends on concept of each game which features will be removed and which will be brought back.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Under Dive Ball(On the Poke ball page) on there on the catch rate it says Underwater(RSEBW) and Fishing/surfing(FRLGDPPtHGSS)

And on the Catch Rate Page it says differently. Bulbapedia seems to have conflicting statements.

Serebii says It works for Fishing/Surfing in all Games after Third Gen.

Veekun has it as Catches Surfing and Fishing as the actual effect.

Psypokes says the same thing as the Bulbapedia's Catch Rate page. Actual Dive Mechanic was during R/S/E only.

It says Feebas can evolve in by raising beauty in HG/SS and that beauty stat still exist in B/W but there is no legitimate way to raise it, maybe by hacking. So it's not removed completely.

Also saying that they'll never bring back Contest because they removed it is not true at all. Day/Night system was in gen 2, later got removed in gen 3 but did come back in gen 4. Some features are being removed and brought back for some reasons. It depends on concept of each game which features will be removed and which will be brought back.

I've traded a Feebas to Black and White with Max beauty and it did not evolve when I leveled it up. As for Night/Day, The Time concept still existed so you could still evolve by Day/Night. It wasn't removed until Fire Red and Leaf Green came out, but that was because Red and Blue did not have night and Day settings. The actual night and Day asthetic flip was removed for Weather effect cause the games at the time could not handle it. DS games were able to handle it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Anyway, even if Dive Ball's ability of better catching while diving really doesn't exist in B/W, it can be simply added in B2/W2 or R/S remakes. For Game Freak adding this ability is no trouble at all contrary to rendering the whole Hoenn to 3D. The same can be said about Contests and Contest stats. They were done already in R/S, so what's the problem of copying them back?

The fact that Dive Balls are back in B/W Poke Mart for the first time since R/S/E seems like hint that there might be Pokemon underwater in B2/W2. More of that, the only Poke Mart that sells them is located in Undella Town, near to dive spots.

@XanderO You are negating R/S remakes in similar way how you were negating Kyurem as mascot of the next Unova game. And now we know you were wrong. I think this time you might be wrong as well.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Anyway, even if Dive Ball's ability of better catching while diving really doesn't exist in B/W, it can be simply added in B2/W2 or R/S remakes. For Game Freak adding this ability is no trouble at all contrary to rendering the whole Hoenn to 3D. The same can be said about Contests and Contest stats. They were done already in R/S, so what's the problem of copying them back?

The fact that Dive Balls are back in B/W Poke Mart for the first time since R/S/E seems like hint that there might be Pokemon underwater in B2/W2. More of that, the only Poke Mart that sells them is located in Undella Town, near to dive spots.

@XanderO You are negating R/S remakes in similar way how you were negating Kyurem as mascot of the next Unova game. And now we know you were wrong. I think this time you might be wrong as well.

In a sense I wasn't seeing as Everyone said we'd only get 1 Kyurem Form for "Gray". In that particular instance everyone one who took part in that discussion was wrong, even the very many news sites that proved/wrote off the Rumored Coding found by one hacking team.

I run with facts over opinions. Facts are stacked against possibility of remakes currently. I'm also not grasping desperately at random occurances to force opinions as facts. Everytime some new form of "proof" of remakes it presented it seems more like a desperate attempt from random chance and coincidences.

We see things that are not there, read into it too much, and force it as a fact and become wholely disappointed when we are shown to be wrong. In the matter of box Mascot, as I've seen Forever say in another thread, it could have easily been Volcarona or Landorus and the game could have been called Crimson over getting two games.

Gamefreak came up with an innovative way to make Kyurem the Mascot and make two games instead of one. (Though kudos to the person that did call the fact we'd get two.) There are still a great many things they can pull out of a hat at this point.

When talking to a friend about possible remakes, he asked why would we need them? The Regis, Lati@s, and the Weather Trio are all available in HG/SS as well as many of Hoen's Pokemon. So Pokemon wise, there is a way to get them 4th Gen and transfer easily to Fifth Gen.

They also never completely removed whole systems from the game before. Black and White does not have Contest stats built into the game and two sets of items' abilities were removed. Why would they kill off items and a system introduced in Gen 3 if they intended to bring it back?

I'm also curious as to why no one has yet noticed that majority of Dream World Pokemon are Hoen Pokemon. Even in Gen 5 they are still easily receivable. If its this Easy to get them, what would the point be in making a game for them?

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Xander does make some good points that most of the good Pokemon from gen 3 can be obtain from gen 4 . But I remember someone saying that Nintendo wants to make a lot of money so why wouldn't they make a remake? I for one have a complete Pokedex so it doesn't make sense for me to get any other gen 5 games since I have no need for there Pokemon . But that's not the case, I'm getting B/W 2 because of a new story , and I like 90% of Pokemon fans will buy a R/S remake if they come out.

Now let's say a person doesn't have a gen 4 Pokemon game or a gen 3 game( I had to use gen 3 to get most of my hoen Pokemon) why would Nintendo want a person to go to game stop to buy a old game , which they wouldn't get money for, when they could just make a remake and 1 give fans what they want and 2 cash in.

Xander I kinda disagree with you on the berry growing point. If you can grow berries in the remake is there a way where you can trade a mass amount of different berries to one game? ( I'm not aware of any , but I don't know everything ) so the DW berry growing would be usefull

Also features as the follow me should make a comeback and regards to the remakes DW , we could get the Unova pokemon with hidden abilities that we can't get now.
    So there are possibilities of use getting the remakes and not , and there are tons of so called facts to support them.

Im actually hoping that hoen will be included the B/W 2, for those who say it will be illogical, well if game freak says its logical.......... Then it's logical.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Nintendo know they will make millions from R/S remakes, if we know this then they certainly know this and if millions of fans demand remakes which I'm sure he is aware of from interviews, tweets etc. then why shouldn't they remake them? Yes there are reasons why they shouldn't but it would be a ridiculous move by them not too.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • The whole All Hoenn Pokemon being catchable already is not proof at all. All Johto Pokemon were catchable in Gen 3 and could easily be transferred over to 4th, thus making HGSS as Xander would say pointless. Why did Game Freak make HGSS. Money. Just like in DP when we spotted hints at Johto we have already spotted hints at Hoenn in BW.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    In a sense I wasn't seeing as Everyone said we'd only get 1 Kyurem Form for "Gray". In that particular instance everyone one who took part in that discussion was wrong, even the very many news sites that proved/wrote off the Rumored Coding found by one hacking team.
    Even though most people were expecting one Kyurem form, their opinions were still more right than your opinion because you were saying that Cobalion or Landorus have better chances to be mascots. You were also saying that there was no proof Kyurem is related to Zekrom and Reshiram which was obviously completely wrong.

When talking to a friend about possible remakes, he asked why would we need them? The Regis, Lati@s, and the Weather Trio are all available in HG/SS as well as many of Hoen's Pokemon. So Pokemon wise, there is a way to get them 4th Gen and transfer easily to Fifth Gen.

The same thing was being said about Gold/Silver remakes. Most, if not all Johto Pokemon were available in gen 3 and 4 games, even Johto starters in Emerald. So why would we need them? Because Nintendo wants to sell more, that's why. It's true that R/S remakes are not really needed, but people will buy them anyway, so Nintendo will make them.
    Also, Regis are available in Platinum only by having event Regigias, so not everyone had chance to get them.

They also never completely removed whole systems from the game before. Black and White does not have Contest stats built into the game and two sets of items' abilities were removed. Why would they kill off items and a system introduced in Gen 3 if they intended to bring it back?

System of rematches with Gym Leaders was removed two times. It depends on game concept which system will be featured. Contests are decided to be exclusive system for Hoenn and Sinnoh. I think it was decided because of anime - Contests were important in Hoenn and Sinnoh saga, they were good for making many extra episodes. In fast-paced Unova saga there is no time for Contests, so they were dropped in B/W. In HG/SS there are no Contests obviously because they weren't in original G/S/C. It's very likely in R/S remakes that Contests will return because they were in original R/S/E.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2013
    I think GameFreak/Nintendo will make the remakes just for the fan base. Think about it there are some fans that have never experienced the Hoenn region or any region before that because the where not around. They know they exist because of the current games they have but they never seen where they originated. They can easily just watch the anime to see what they missed while they weren't around but they might not be able to experience the original games because they would have to find a game for a system that has been discontinued. As experienced pokemon fans we would know how to do this but to any new fans it might be hard for them to do it and they might not want to go through all of that, so they'll settle for the next best thing- Remakes. With remakes they can get a sense of what the original games were like. Ofcourse things will be upgraded but the basics storyline will pretty much be the same (Stop Team Aqua & Team Magma). Although some of the more experienced fans might see it as they are unneccesary some of want them just for our love of the Hoenn Region or just because we love pokemon so we'll buy them anyway and then there are the new fans who want to know what Hoenn was like.

Like I said before they could just make the remakes for the fans old & new. There's no way of knowing anything until they announce it.

Edit: Or as most people say they will make them to get more money.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Until we get confirmed info there is no such thing as facts.
    So there is no fact that Berry Growing was removed from Gen 5. No fact that Contests and Contest stats were removed from Gen 5's coding. No fact that the Flutes lost their abilities are are only sellable items.

Xander I kinda disagree with you on the berry growing point. If you can grow berries in the remake is there a way where you can trade a mass amount of different berries to one game? ( I'm not aware of any , but I don't know everything ) so the DW berry growing would be usefull

Not entirely true as there are a large number of fans that dislike the Dream world as a whole and many more that use it just for Berry Growing. If the remakes appear with Berry Growing, the only time those fans would pick up Black/White is to transfer their Pokemon from that game to the remakes and then everything else would be done strictly on the remakes. There wouldn't be any point for them to play the Dream World now that there is normal Berry growing procedures.

The whole All Hoenn Pokemon being catchable already is not proof at all. All Johto Pokemon were catchable in Gen 3 and could easily be transferred over to 4th, thus making HGSS as Xander would say pointless. Why did Game Freak make HGSS. Money. Just like in DP when we spotted hints at Johto we have already spotted hints at Hoenn in BW.
    With a huge difference of Gens 1 and 2 could not link up to the newer Generations in any way, and the core legends could not be caught outside of their respective games. As it is right now, there is no point as Gen 3 can still link to Gens 4 and 5. You can still buy DS Lites in stores and they are selling more that the i and 3D systems right now due to low cost. Until Nintendo does a full switch to 3DS the need for R/S remakes is minor. They'd also make more money holding off another year or two for a full 3DS switch as the frenzy for the game would have reached Critical mass by then.

All the so called Hints were also nothing more than coincidence as there were other references. There are a ton of D/P references in B/W as well, by this logic, we are getting D/P Remakes as well. They also mention Kanto a lot of times, again remakes of Red and Blue again.

Even though most people were expecting one Kyurem form, their opinions were still more right than your opinion because you were saying that Cobalion or Landorus have better chances to be mascots. You were also saying that there was no proof Kyurem is related to Zekrom and Reshiram which was obviously completely wrong.
    At the time before the two forms were released, no it was not completely wrong. There was absolutly no proof, game, anime, or Manga wise that Kyurem was related to Reshiram/Zekrom. Gamefreak still does not give them a relation other than Kyurem can transform thanks to stealing some their powers. If you relate it to other thing similar to this (which is a HUGE stretch) That's saying that Cell is directly related to Every last DBZ warrior. Horrible match up as that is. Gamefreak still has not clarified how Kyurem has his power and we will not find out 100% what his full power is until the movie airs.

We still do not know any of Kyurem's Backstory other than the legend in Lancousa Town. Which still conflicts with the Origin Story told by Ghestsis.

The same thing was being said about Gold/Silver remakes. Most, if not all Johto Pokemon were available in gen 3 and 4 games, even Johto starters in Emerald. So why would we need them? Because Nintendo wants to sell more, that's why. It's true that R/S remakes are not really needed, but people will buy them anyway, so Nintendo will make them.
    Also, Regis are available in Platinum only by having event Regigias, so not everyone had chance to get them.
    People will also buy a Main System game with all the regions in it, but Junichi Masuda has openly denied ever wanting to attempt such a game.

System of rematches with Gym Leaders was removed two times. It depends on game concept with system will be featured. Contests are decided to be exclusive system for Hoenn and Sinnoh. I think it was decided because of anime - Contests were important in Hoenn and Sinnoh saga, they were good for making many extra episodes. In fast-paced Unova saga there is no time for Contests, so they were dropped in B/W. In HG/SS there are no Contests obviously because they weren't in original G/S/C. In R/S remakes it's very likely Contests will return because they were in original R/S/E.

Gym Rematches are only Available in Remakes and third Titles. Thats the only time they exist. As for contest, Anime says there are Contests in every Region. They started with Hoen and May, continued into Kanto with May, May left to continue as a Coordinator in Johto's contests while Ash ventured to Sinnoh and met Dawn, later to be reunited with May near the end where May and Dawn participated in the Wallace Cup.

Unova replaced the contests with Don George's Battle clubs/Tournaments. There have been two so far and it looks like it'll be a running event until the end of the Anime season. As for how fast its moving, it doesn't feel like its moving any faster than the other regions, especially since the Anime never follows the full line of the Games, filler wise they are going about as fast, keep in mind that there have been 3 or 4 episodes removed from listing in both Japan and International.

Even just comparing contests between generations 3 and 4. Originally 5 Halls which was later shrunk to 1 to give way to the introduction of the Battle Frontier. Gen 4 only has one main hall despite having many in the Anime. Game wise they weren't liked that much, almost being completely removed in HG/SS by the Pokethon, till keeping the rough stat system, but changing the name of the stats. Which was fully removed.

One thing I was bummed about them removing was the mini games from Platinum. I loved those.

Game Corner was removed due to all the complaints about the gambling issue.

I know we won't be seeing any more main game information for another 4 or 5 Months at the earliest. Gamefreak is breaking trends, so there is no definitive proof we are getting remakes. The "But fans want it so they'll make it" also does not mean much at this point. Fans wanted "gray" we got Black 2 and White 2. Fans want a game with all four/Five regions in it. Gamefreak's President said maybe later if the future when I like the idea more. (Paraphrasing cause he did shut down the idea when presented as the question was about a Main System Pokemon Game though he still liked the concept, just doesn't want to do it right now.)

We don't even know what Black 2 and White 2 are either. I mean we know they are Sequels, but so was Gold and Silver. We don't know anything about the games about to darken our doorsteps. Once we do, We know gamefreak will wait out another half a year or so before leaving us a candy trail to Third Gen Remakes.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Gamestop barely sell 3rd gen games anymore. Thus making your DSLite comment pretty much pointless. Also COl/XD being able to connect with the 3rd gen games and still being able to connect to 4th then to 5th does make your "Hoenn Pokemon can already be caught" useless. And we pretty much knew Kyurem was on the cover of BW2 ever since Kyurem was revealed to be in the new movie. One of the main Pokemon of the 2nd Movie of the gen it's in are on the cover of the next game.

Suicune was in 4ever which was the 2nd Johto movie
    Rayquaza was in Destiny Deoxys which is the 2nd Hoenn movie
    Giratina was in Movie 11 which was the 2nd Sinnoh movie
    and now Kyurem is in Movie 15 which is the 2nd Unova movie.

Stop coming up with random excuses for there not to be RS remakes.

In game mechanics are added and removed every Game. They can re add the berry growing to RS remakes(not everyone has internet and this causes them not to grow berries) THe D/N system was removed for an entire gen and was brought back. The apricon mechanic was brought back in HGSS as was the Pokegear. They will obviously bring back Secret bases, Pokenav and Berry Growing.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If they reinstated the berry system in R/S remakes that doesn't neceserraly mean the closing of the Dream World Berry Growing, it's just another in-game easier way to access and grow berries.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Suicune was in 4ever which was the 2nd Johto movie
    Rayquaza was in Destiny Deoxys which is the 2nd Hoenn movie
    Giratina was in Movie 11 which was the 2nd Sinnoh movie
    and now Kyurem is in Movie 15 which is the 2nd Unova movie.

Pokemon 4Ever was the Fourth Movie made after the release of Pokemon Gold/Silver.

Pokemon the Movie 2000 was the First with Lugia in 1999 Same year as Gold/Silver's Release in America
    Mewtwo Returns was in 2000 Second Johto Movie.
    Pokemon 3 The Movie with Entie was Third in 2000.
    Pokemon 4Ever was the Fourth Johto Movie released in 2002. TWO years after Crystal.

Hoens:
    Pokemon Heroes was first in 2003
    Jiranchi The Wish Maker was Third in 2003
    Destiny Deoxys was Third in 2004

Sinnoh:
    Lucario and the Mystery of Mew was in 2005 Before the games were released.
    Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea was in 2006
    Rise of Darkrai was in 2007
    Girarina and the Sky Warrior was in 2008
    Arceus and the Jewel of Life was in 2009

Unova:
    Victini and the White/Black Hero was last(?) Year 2011
    Kyurem's Movie is coming out this year in Japan but we may not get it until later next year unless we get it before winter.

So your pattern is now 4-3-4-2

I'm not making up excuses. I'm presenting facts. I'm not blindly grabbing at random straws trying to weave together a story to prove myself right. I'm stating my opinion based off of what I've been given rather than using vague shadows and coincidences.

I am entitled to my opinions as much as you are, and you do not have to like what I post. I will defend or fight against opinions and speculations as is my right until there is solid proof that proves it right or wrong. If you don't like what I post then ignore me or find concrete evidence that says otherwise.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    To answer the question, yes. I would definitely buy a Ruby remake.

However, do I think that remakes are coming? No. At least, not in the near future.

I've seen the arguments on both sides, however remakes aren't needed at this point in time. All Hoenn Pokemon are available in the 4th Generation, except for maybe Deoxys. (Though, if you still have the 3rd Generation games, it's still possible to catch it.) While it doesn't prove anything, it shows that there is no real need in a remake right now. If you chose to get rid of your regular Nintendo DS and your 3rd Generation games when new ones came out, that's your own fault. (No offense, but that's just the way it is. I still have my Gen. 3 games.)

As far as rumors go, I've heard that Game Freak said they would take R/S/E remakes into consideration because fans seem to want them so bad. However, I've also heard that they were satisfied with the original versions of these games and don't really want to remake them. Again, these are just rumors.

What bothers me is that many of you are saying that "Nintendo will remake them because they know they'll make money." That's a very negative view of Nintendo and Game Freak, especially considering this is supposed to be a forum that supports the Pokemon franchise. Let me ask you this: WHY would Nintendo suspect that it would make money off of R/S/E remakes? Answer: Because fans have rallied in support of them! Can you really say "Nintendo and Game Freak are greedy because I bought all of their games!" Not really fair, is it?

Someone else has already said this but, just because we want remakes doesn't mean we'll get them. Fans have cried for years for a remake of Final Fantasy 7, but last I heard, it's not happening. Game Freak should be looking toward the future, not constantly looking back at the past.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back