• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    It would be nice if they started off with RS remakes on the 3DS, but you all are starting to convince me that they will be on the DS(as to get this gen over with and start the new one, which would mean new world and stuff). If it came down to it, I would rather wait for them to pull them off on the 3DS(unless they are in development now for it? yeah, too good a thought), but if it had to wait, imo it would be well worth it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    The news about the distribution of Gen III Pokemon between now and May is very interesting. Why would they decide to release so much Hoenn pokemon now of all times? It's odd they are showing off Hoenn pokemon right after another Unova game is revealed. Maybe Hoenn will really be apart of B2/W2?

I just feel confident that either the remakes are the next game like we all expect, or Hoenn will be in B2/W2.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    The news about the distribution of Gen III Pokemon between now and May is very interesting. Why would they decide to release so much Hoenn pokemon now of all times? It's odd they are showing off Hoenn pokemon right after another Unova game is revealed. Maybe Hoenn will really be apart of B2/W2?

I just feel confident that either the remakes are the next game like we all expect, or Hoenn will be in B2/W2.

Its because the area that got the new Bullet Train IS Hoen. Or at least what Hoen was based off of. If the area getting the new Train was Kanto, they'd have used Kanto Pokemon, If it were Johto they'd have used Johto Pokemon. The region Sinnoh was based off of would have gotten Sinnoh Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I found that this bullet train event is because that new train's first anniversary since it started to work. So I hope it's not because Hoenn will be featured in B2/W2. Hoenn got a little forgotten, so maybe this event is carried out to remind people about Hoenn before R/S remakes planned for this year and that train's first anniversary is good occasion for that.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I found that this bullet train event is because that new train's first anniversary since it started to work. So I hope it's not because Hoenn will be featured in B2/W2. Hoenn got a little forgotten, so maybe this event is carried out to remind people about Hoenn before R/S remakes planned for this year and that train's first anniversary is good occasion for that.

Well if it were for Hoenn being in B2W2 GameFreak are expecting us to put one and one together so I doubt they would let something important about these games slip that early especially before nothing has been revealed... I think these Pokémon will be able to transfer over to the remakes later this year... after all November is 5 months after June and that fits the 10th anniversary, so it's possible they may get released November this year then March/April/May for international because if B2W2 is released in September for US/UK that's at least another 6 months before they get remakes and that's half a year which is quite long to wait for a game and not to mention Platinum was released September 2008 then HGSS was announced May 2009 so we'll just see how this year plays out. If Hoenn is in B2W2 I doubt we'll get remakes unfortunately.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
  • Somehow, I really don't see GameFreak putting the Hoenn remakes in B2/W2. It would disrupt the pattern. I mean, B2/W2 disrupted the "third game" pattern, but I don't think they're going to go that far. It would be a surprise if they did.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I noticed something in previous remakes release dates:

FR/LG - 2 years before 1 gen 10th anniversary
    HG/SS - 2 months before 2 gen 10th anniversary

R/S remakes - will be 2 days before 3 gen 10th anniversary? lol

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I noticed something in previous remakes release dates:

FR/LG - 2 years before 1 gen 10th anniversary
    HG/SS - 2 months before 2 gen 10th anniversary

R/S remakes - will be 2 days before 3 gen 10th anniversary? lol

It's possible, I mean assuming these games are out by September/October there's still time to get the remakes out 2 days before the 10th anniversary in November, (16th) in Japan then March around the world, B2W2 for both will have been out for several months but it could be during 2013.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • This could also be something that contributes as a hint:

In Pokémon Black & White, the Dive Ball which was introduced in RSE has returned to its original game mechanic (to catch Pokémon under water easier) but there are no underwater Pokémon in Unova.

What would be the need of this? You can't catch any Pokémon underwater in Black & White therefore the effect is currently void.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    In Pokémon Black & White, the Dive Ball which was introduced in RSE has returned to its original game mechanic (to catch Pokémon under water easier) but there are no underwater Pokémon in Unova.

That's one of the dumbest things in B/W. To make it even more dumber Dive Balls can be actually bought in Undella's mart, lol. Probably they can be bought to make fool of player, who would buy them in hope to catch Pokemon in nearby dive spots.

Dive Balls with their original underwater effect are obvious hint for R/S remakes but I hope they make some Pokemon catchable underwater in B2/W2.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I doubt Hoenn would be in B2W2 because in the original games Hoenn had NO connection to Unova and therefore to suddenly change it would just be ridiculous and going against all that happened in Gen 3.. not to mention if they did separate games for remakes instead of just having B2W2 they would make double if not triple the money than putting Hoenn in B2W2.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Dive Ball and its original mechanics were in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/Heart Gold/Soul Silver as well. They never removed the mechanics nor removed the Pokeball's coding from the games. If you know how to get one, they'd be in your inventory with their original effects.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Dive Ball and its original mechanics were in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/Heart Gold/Soul Silver as well. They never removed the mechanics nor removed the Pokeball's coding from the games. If you know how to get one, they'd be in your inventory with their original effects.

No, Dive Balls work differently in FR/LG and all 4 gen games.

diveball.jpg

Chocos0

Eclipse the Umbreon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    On the topic of items.
    (Probably mentioned already....)
    Shoal Shells and Shoal Salt are available to the players in the game...
    Any particular use for it at the moment? I'm not sure, I don't venture deep into the game as of that.
    But this was mentioned by ~Chuggaconroy, so I thought I should share this...

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • The shoal items and Dive ball are two very concrete hints at RS Remakes. Maybe we'll get something else in BW2 about Hoenn(No not the region!)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Shaol Shell/Salt and The Flutes had their functions removed so in terms of support, this actually seems to hurt more as they don't have effects other than being Sellable Items. They also removed Contests and Berry Growing from the games in this Gen, all of these were introduced in Gen 3 so removing them supports the "There won't be remakes" clause.

Only chance of Concrete evidence of a Remake is if Game Freak says they are making one.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Ugh can I make a rule in this forum to not go by anything Chuggaa says? I watch his Pokemon LPs and laugh at how bad he is. :( Anyway though, I agree with the above post. It kinda pulls away, because knowing the flutes don't have their effects in BW, and if RS remakes were to be compatible with BW (as in being in gen V), wouldn't the flutes retain their effects? The Shoal items make sense to lose their purpose, since they're Hoenn specific items, similar to how the Odd Keystone is coded into BW, but its purpose is, obviously, nuked.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Ugh can I make a rule in this forum to not go by anything Chuggaa says? I watch his Pokemon LPs and laugh at how bad he is. :( Anyway though, I agree with the above post. It kinda pulls away, because knowing the flutes don't have their effects in BW, and if RS remakes were to be compatible with BW (as in being in gen V), wouldn't the flutes retain their effects? The Shoal items make sense to lose their purpose, since they're Hoenn specific items, similar to how the Odd Keystone is coded into BW, but its purpose is, obviously, nuked.

See I didn't know about Odd Keystone. After a quick search, Odd Keystone lost its original effect in HG/SS, so it lost it at the end of Gen 4. Which keeps with your: "Its Sinnoh Item only" which does make it a perfect match to the Salt/Shell losing their effect in B/W being Hoen Only.

I can only imagine that there won't be the soot collecting IF they remake Ruby/Sapphire which does two things. Keeps the fact that we can't make the Flutes to supplement the removal of their abilities, and provide possible insight that we may not have decoration powers (meaning no secret bases) in the remakes, very much like how HG/SS lost the ability to customize the player's room.

So if we do still get the remakes, I'm seeing it as we lose not only Contests (can't see it revived after the company went through all the trouble to remove it), possible non-re-implementation of the Berry growing system, (defeats the purpose of making us get Dream World accounts to grow a massive number of berries) ((Hell even if the remakes can't link, unless they lock items from trades it still kills Dream World's berry growing)), but also the ability to make secret bases.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I can only imagine that there won't be the soot collecting IF they remake Ruby/Sapphire which does two things. Keeps the fact that we can't make the Flutes to supplement the removal of their abilities, and provide possible insight that we may not have decoration powers (meaning no secret bases) in the remakes, very much like how HG/SS lost the ability to customize the player's room.

So if we do still get the remakes, I'm seeing it as we lose not only Contests (can't see it revived after the company went through all the trouble to remove it), possible non-re-implementation of the Berry growing system, (defeats the purpose of making us get Dream World accounts to grow a massive number of berries) ((Hell even if the remakes can't link, unless they lock items from trades it still kills Dream World's berry growing)), but also the ability to make secret bases.

I agree that growing berries aren't likely to be featured in R/S remakes due to Dream World issue but I disagree about other things. Flutes' abilities could be meant to be exclusives in 5 gen for R/S remakes, making soot collecting worth returning in R/S remakes. Secret bases are still possible to be featured in 5 gen - in B2/W2 there could be place able to be customized, the same like player's Villa added in Platinum. This could act as 5 gen's introduction to secret bases in R/S remakes. Contest is also likely to be featured in R/S remakes. It would be something new for 5 gen and also would be opposition to Unova's Musical.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well these features were exclusive to RSE and if they are remakes of those specific games then I'm sure those features would infact be included. Let's assume they have four years to create these remakes.. they could easily return the Berry System or Contests that would only be a minor thing compared to what else needs to be implemented, Soot Collecting is also likely to return, we saw the Pokéathlon and Battle Tower in HGSS. If they re-created the likes of Secret Bases in BW it would be come obvious why there have returned.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back