• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    When will people learn that there will be no Main pokemon games on the eshop. They cannot put them on the eshop because there will be no way to trade which is a main thing for pokemon.

If I recall, they changed one of the Gameboy Advanced games on the eShop so they could connect wirelessly and could be played single player, it would just however leave the giant hole of not being able to connect to the original cartridges. Though they did make that ugly extra circle pad so who knows, they could just add an attachment for a link cable slot. Though it doesn't seem at all likely.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Regarding the names they'll pull something completeley unexpected over us like they did with HG/SS I know nobody was expecting Heart Gold & Soul Silver, the common names were Dusk Gold & Dawn Silver so those who are expecting Aqua Sapphire & Magma Ruby... think again.

Years
    Would love for them to be named Aqua Sapphire and Magma Ruby though, they would fit the games well.

I'm excited to see what they come up with!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    To be honest, I always found "Aqua Sapphire" and "Magma Ruby" to be sort of tacky titles for a remake. I'd much prefer something more creative that really signifies the elegance of a ruby and sapphire. I really don't know how to explain that any better though, haha.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    To be honest, I always found "Aqua Sapphire" and "Magma Ruby" to be sort of tacky titles for a remake. I'd much prefer something more creative that really signifies the elegance of a ruby and sapphire. I really don't know how to explain that any better though, haha.

Personally, after seeing them as an idea from someone on another site, I actually like VolcanicRuby and OceanicSapphire, although they might be a bit too long.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    I think they will remake it to serve the same purpose that hgss did for Gen 4. It will make every Pokemon available in Gen 5 games without needing to park pal or poketransfer anything. They will make it compadable with black and white regardless of what system it is released on and they should make all of the first four starter sets available as the johto remakes did. I would expect a bunch of new islands to be added and the safari zone and battle frontier to be expanded. I would expect a lot of move tutors and some place where someone will teach swampert/blaziken/sceptile hydrocannon/blastburn/frenzyplant. Allow the other starters to be able to learn the elemental hyper beams from the tutor. Add another rival or just make may and Brandon rivals and your charector customizable. I hear people talk about adding another region. Dare I suggest add the orange islands? People have wanted it for a while. Why not? That could open up catching the Kanto birds and ho-oh and lugia. Maybe add new island and have a post game mewtwo story line. Deoyx and jirachi available through normal gameplay. The three johto beast running wild in hoenn after You beat Steven. Access to terra/ marine cave to catch the other weather trio member depending on what Verizon you buy. Access to southern island with the pass but make latios or latias harder to get to. Naval rock accessable. Add in day and night. Add a mossy rock in petalburgh woods for eeve to evolve into leafeon and have it evolve into glaceon in shoal cave. Expand the hoenn Dex. Add in more fire types like houndour and growithe. The problem in hoenn if there is a problem is that there are two many water and grass types and not enough fire types. Add gallade and budew and roserade to the hoenn dex. Add nosepass' evolved form whose name I cannot think of at the moment. Add eeve and the eevelutions. Add other ghost types like misdreavous and mismagius and dusknoir so Phoebe of the elite four isn't repeating the same Pokemon the whole time. Add post game run ins with Cynthia and Red and maybe Blue and Adler. Add lance to kyogre/ groudon crisis like the anime did. Overall just make this the best game it can possibly be. A hoenn remake would have a lot of potential. I would expect confirmation in at least 2 to 4 months and will probably be in the US around 2013.

I think that could work. I like Royal Ruby and Sacred Sapphire. It shows the importance of each without being over the top with aqua/magma themes. And they sort of go along with heart gold and soul silver.

Last edited:

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
    I am 100% positive that they will remake Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire versions! I think they will be called DuskRuby & DawnSapphire. They might also remake Pokemon FireRed & LeafGreen Versions since they remade the Kanto region in Gen III & Pokemon FireRed & LeafGreen Versions are not compatible with the new Gen V games. They will also make Pokemon Gray Version since it would make sense.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Game Freak should never ever visit Kanto again unless they're willing to completely re-create and greatly expand the game to something that reaches the same standards as the current games do, not a half-hearted coat of paint like FR/LG were.

Otherwise let sleeping dogs lie when the player can easily round out the Kanto section of their Pokédex by playing HGSS. Even in R/S you could already obtain nearly 50 Gen I Pokémon.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I think we might hear something by the end of 2011.

Well apparently(or so I've heard and seen around), The Pokemon Company is making an appearance at Jump Festa for thie first time(an annual Japanese manga/anime focused gaming event, I think), which is going to happen this Winter.

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
    Game Freak should never ever visit Kanto again unless they're willing to completely re-create and greatly expand the game to something that reaches the same standards as the current games do, not a half-hearted coat of paint like FR/LG were.

Otherwise let sleeping dogs lie when the player can easily round out the Kanto section of their Pokédex by playing HGSS. Even in R/S you could already obtain nearly 50 Gen I Pokémon.

Oh really? And why not? I think it would be a great idea to reintroduce the Kanto region the 2nd time since FireRed & LeafGreen are incompatible with the new 3DS & DSi systems. It would make sense.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Oh really? And why not? I think it would be a great idea to reintroduce the Kanto region the 2nd time since FireRed & LeafGreen are incompatible with the new 3DS & DSi systems. It would make sense.

I actually wouldn't mind, that is if they were just merged kind of(though doubt that would happen, so no otherwise). It would be nice to see the original Kanto game brought up to date(non HGSS/GSC), although I wouldn't be upset if they didn't have it.

Right now, I'm just hoping for some RS remake confirmation sometime before the year ends/early next year.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    I always believed they would remake FR/LG, since it did come before R/S/E. I'm kinda hinting that the remake might go towards a remake of the Kanto region rather the Hoenn region, but idk. I'm kinda stuck in the middle here.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013

Why?

Why do we need to play the exact same game again for the third time running?
    What do we gain from being able to revisit Kanto, when every Kanto Pokémon can already be obtained through playing HG/SS on your new 3DS and DSi system?

Fire Red and Leaf Green are probably the cheapest, and therefore worst Pokémon games they've made. Sure, the game looks pretty for the GBA and the engine works this time, but they made no effort to modernise the rest of the game to the standards of story and design they did with Ruby and Sapphire. Now after Black and White represented a massive jump in the quality of the storytelling they'd look even more bare-bones and archaic today. Trying to do the same thing again with more pretty graphics would be terrible - unless they went back to Red and Blue and redesigned the game to bring them up to the standards of today's games in every other way.

Why would they risk the ire of making something seen as a "remake of a remake" or conversely, a game that needs to be totally remade from scratch to not be seen as a lazy effort, when they could spend that time making games that will be received much better?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2011
    Thing is if they remade it wouldn't they just do Ruby and Sapphire because if you look back all the remakes they did, they only did first two like Fire red and Leaf green. No remake of yellow and the same with Heart gold and Soul Silver no remake of crystal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back