• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Solar And Lunar Editions, Rm2k

It's official:the new CBS will be the "official" one. Should I personalize/improve it

• Yes, give it a custom flair

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • No, the standard is perfect

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
  • Arg, it's been ages since I last updated, but rest assured knowing things are still happening on my end :)

I've been adding on to storyline events in the actual game, and I've been doing TONS of debugging. TONS!!! Whoa, so many bugs to fix.

Also, I'm almost done with the 3D CBS.

You say, "We want screenshots!"

I say, "NEVER!"

But.... I will attatch a zip containing a video! Yay! Enjoy the video of the cool 3Dness!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 18, 2020

I can't belive...

How much....

that stupid thing...

ROCKED!

You thought I'd say it sucked, didn't you?

It was good; although the thing should be a tad faster

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Eh, hard to tell the quality from a video. The video itself was blurry and I'm sure it stunted the motion a bit. I really can't give my oppinion. I'll just wait until I play it in the game to test it out. I'm sure it would be much better in game than some video.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Sorry I attatched it twice. You only need to download it once.

Glad you liked it, even with the aweful video quality. It was a little choppy too, it's smoother in real life.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Sorry about the video quality. If I have time later (probably this weekend) I'll make a higher quality one.

With lunar, I'm redoing the CBS, I've added a bunch more story, and that's pretty much it. Oh, and I'm making original screens for Items/Trainer Card/Etc, and a custom message system which looks really cool :)

Nice sig, Halo 2's going to be awesome. Too bad I don't have an xbox and my PC is too bad.

MissingChu

aka d3ad connection
    Years
  • DarkMage31 said:
    Sorry about the video quality. If I have time later (probably this weekend) I'll make a higher quality one.

With lunar, I'm redoing the CBS, I've added a bunch more story, and that's pretty much it. Oh, and I'm making original screens for Items/Trainer Card/Etc, and a custom message system which looks really cool :)

sounds good, cant wait until you finish lunar!

DarkMage31 said:
    Nice sig, Halo 2's going to be awesome. Too bad I don't have an xbox and my PC is too bad.

lol thanks.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • To make the movies I use a program called "Easy Video Capture." I then scaled it down and compressed it. So the quality isn't good. Hopefully tomorrow I'll make a better one.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Can you give us a progress report of Lunar Darkmage?
    I'm wondering how much's been done.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Well... I think I have all of "Rhem-tokay" or whatever the heck I decided to call the new region all mapped out. It's small, only with maybe 5 towns. But you'll be able to visit Kanto and Jhoto. Those I haven't begun mapping yet.

I've worked a little on the story and I've been implimenting it a lot more. My goal is to have many decisions where the user choses, which will influence how the game plays out. I've already made one of these such crossroads

The 3D CBS effect is almost done. After the team project CBS is complete, I'll put it into Lunar. But until then I'm not touching the CBS I made ages ago.

The CMS is functioning well. Remember all those "original screens" I posted for the bag and trainer card etc? I haven't implimented those yet but the screens themselves are complete. The pkdex mechanics are done, but I just have to get around to adding all those pictures! More and more of the features I have with the simple "Show Choice" command are being redone with pictures.

Remember the original message system? It's 95% integrated with all of the messages throughout the game

So basically, many of the mechanics are done. Most of what I have left is:
    CBS
    Pokedex
    Item screen
    Trainer card
    Pokemon screen

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Lots and lots of drawing and redrawing :P

I just came up with a great idea for the background for the CBS and how that can add to the 3D effect. I'm a little backlogged with Homework, PMs, and website maintenence, but hopefully I'll get the time to do something in my 3D modeling program :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    Does anyone know some software which you can use to make videos with?

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Easy Video Capture is what I used :)

UPDATE:
    I fixed a lot of major bugs with the water reflection system, so no it's up and running fine. I think I fixed all the bugs with the storyline too.

Years
  • I downloaded pokemon Lunar and it lagged my computer like HELL :'(
    Sometimes when I could get through to the title screen (Press start bit it would'nt continue :'()

Back