• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Solar And Lunar Editions, Rm2k

It's official:the new CBS will be the "official" one. Should I personalize/improve it

• Yes, give it a custom flair

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • No, the standard is perfect

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
OMFG! I'm doing it! I wrote a (not so quick) script that traces a pictures movement across the screen and stores the coordinates in a variable. That way I can change the picture at any point in its movement! I have maybe eight frames done of Hiro's rotation. I draw one, then I flip it horizontally and invert the shading. Boom. Two frames.

Anyway, all that's left is redrawing. And if I were to show you any screens, they'd be perfectly meaningless because you wouldn't see the effect.

BTW, my next update to Lunar isn't going to be an update at all: It's just going to be this. I'm still working on the actual game though, rest assured :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
WOW, so much effort is being put into this! I really can't wait to see how the 3D effect looks.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Yeah, it looks cool so far. All that's left is tedious drawing and redrawing.

I also put together a trailer for my next game, The Eye of the Storm. I'm just refining a few points and then I'll release it. It's just a quick teaser, it doesn't actually show any gameplay. It's kinda funny though :D

Years
DarkMage31 said:
Yeah, it looks cool so far. All that's left is tedious drawing and redrawing.

I also put together a trailer for my next game, The Eye of the Storm. I'm just refining a few points and then I'll release it. It's just a quick teaser, it doesn't actually show any gameplay. It's kinda funny though :D
What about solar?

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
If you recall, a friend and I were working on this. I was going to do lunar, and him solar. Unfortunately, he sorta broke off the project. Honestly, I don't want to make a whole separate version (what would I change?). I kinda want to move on from this project. It's been going for a long time already. BTW, the trailer for EOTW is almost done, just gotta make the title screen.

Hah! I finally finished the script for sandprints! I had this whole thing goin' with variables and switches and algorithms, but then I had one of those *DOPE!* moments when you feel really stupid because it's so simple.

Unfortunately for you guys, I'm following the example of several other games and I'm going to protect my maps. What that means is you won't be able to look at the coding. The reason for this is simple:

I realize Lunar isn't the greatest game ever to be made, but you have to admit it's been a trend-setter. Lunar was the first to having running boots (all of a sudden everyone had running and biking) it was the first to have a Pokedex designed in that way, it was the first to have a blinking sprite (or maybe Rusty II was first? I can't remember), not to mention a lot of my custom resources are used in games by those less experienced.

But to be fair to other games, PK Liquid was the first to have animated door openings and stuff like that (and that project is protected). But my point remains the same: I really like helping ppl out, but to be honest I'm getting tired of seeing something I've worked hard on appear in someone else's game with little to know effort on their behalf. This has been made even more critical with my work on the 3D CBS. As far as I know, it's never been done. And I want Lunar to be unique.

So I hope you all understand my perspective. Feel free to contradict me if you dissagree.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
I agree a 100%. Even though it's not illegal to copy your coding, you've worked hard on it and you should keep it protected.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
I agree too. If you would pm me telling me how to protect my own game, I'd sure like to.

Years
Well I really don't support the whole protecting game thing, but I do belive you have the right to do it, as some things can easily be ripped from other games, which I think is bad.

For my own game, I had already planned out stuff as running shoes and bike before, my idea didn't come from your game, because I wanted to have as much stuff from the FR/LG games in my own.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Here's an idea: how about only the public version maps are protected? If you're a member of the DMC you can get the unprotected version! Sound good?

Update:
I drew a few more frames, and it's really coming along. I fixed a lag issue with the Wait 0.0 second trick.

Spiro

Dark Dragon Master
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jun 13, 2014
Looking good keep it up. *waiting for the first screen*

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
DarkMage31, I believe he said "field" meaning battle "field". He wants to see how the 3-D illusion looks so far. Like many of us I'm sure.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Well, you can look at that screen and imagine it :)

Hiro starts out looking left. As the enemy pkmn moves to the right, imagine Hiro rotating to the right, his eyes locked on the enemy pkmn. That's the desired effect.

Unfortunately, I don't have enough frames done yet in order to release a demo or video, so you'll have to hold tight until next weekend when I can work on it more :)

Back