• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Solar And Lunar Editions, Rm2k

It's official:the new CBS will be the "official" one. Should I personalize/improve it

• Yes, give it a custom flair

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • No, the standard is perfect

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Next weekend isn't a long time to wait compared to how long people have been
    waiting up til now. Anyway, that's when tests are finished so I'll be able to play
    as a reward!

Years
  • Barry said:
    DarkMage31, I believe he said "field" meaning battle "field". He wants to see how the 3-D illusion looks so far. Like many of us I'm sure.
    wrong. i meaned the field there you walk,talk,etc

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Yeah, that's what I thought. You can just download the demo... I'm off to make a certain award *hint hint*

By the way, Hurricane Jeane took out my website's data center, so it's down for now :(

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Those hurricanes are a message. That section of the U.S. is bad! (joking O_o)

Too bad there pal. Can't wait to see this "award" of yours. However, it will also be an award to be for I've been having some testing too. Coincidence eh?

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • I'm off to make a certain award *hint hint*
    Just makin' the Moderator's Choice Award graphic :)

Those hurricanes are a message.
    More than you know. My newest game (trailer) is called "The Eye of the Storm." A central theme is hurricanes. I started formulating ideas just before the chain of Hurricane attacks (if you can call it that :))

Anyway, I've to way too much homework this weekend, so don't expect any groundbreaking updates...

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Dang it's been a while since I last posted here. I drew a few more frames of 3D ness, and it's looking great. However, I just realized I'll need to do the exact same thing for the female! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Maybe I won't have that option...

Anyway, my site's back up and The Eye of the Storm teaser trailor is released, for those of you with the Cinepak Codec ;)

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I'm downloading the trailer right now, but I can't wait for the demo!
    Don't mean to rush you though.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Okay, I just put together a .zip of all the frames I've done just far. Just load 'em into any old project's picture folder, make a Show Picture, and scroll up and down quickly with the up and down arrows to see the cool 3Dness
    Pokemon Solar And Lunar Editions, Rm2k

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    It seems I can't download attachments right now, so I'll try again later.
    I'm sure they're great though.

Years
  • Daegon_Kimeron said:
    It seems I can't download attachments right now, so I'll try again later.
    I'm sure they're great though.
    I can't download attachments either, it downloads the PHP files instead

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    I can't download attachments either, it downloads the PHP files instead

That's the same problem I have. The reason for me though is because of Microsoft's new Security Center. It has some protection but can cause a problem like this.

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • lol, "keeps you safe." HAHAHAH! That's a good one

haha

haha

okay I'm done.

Anyway, I just recoded the script that "rotates" in "3D" Hiro to eliminate all lag. Hope that attatchment works!

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Hey, it is now working! I'll see for myself how "3D" the game
    has become.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • I see you have worked very hard on the 3d effect! Well great job! Ahh.. how long did it take you to do the rotating effect?

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • A frame a day keeps the doctor away! Err... yeah. A frame here and there over a period of time so I don't drive myself insane ;) And once I finish one frame I mirror it horizontally for the other angle and invert the shading. So if I'm doing 30 (if my calcs are correct, which they probably aren't) I only need to draw 15.

The head is very easy to do, but the body/backpack is SOOOO annoying! Hopefully after I finish my HW I can do more work on a few more frames.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • It's actually not that difficult. You just have to have a pretty good concept of 3D. I've done a lot of 3D modeling before. I started out integrating it into my stop-motion animations; I'd bluescreen footage and replace the background with something spiffy and 3D :) Those were the day... :D

Hmm.... a few more frame draw. I hope I'll have enough to make the transition smooth the whole distance across the screen....

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I hope I'll have enough to make the transition smooth the whole distance across the screen....
    That's great! I hate those blocky (don't know if that's a real word) movements
    in a game. Too irritating. Smooth....GOOD>

Back