• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Solar And Lunar Editions, Rm2k

It's official:the new CBS will be the "official" one. Should I personalize/improve it

• Yes, give it a custom flair

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • No, the standard is perfect

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
  • Yes, I believe I put all the files in. If I did it correctly, the random weather should be at the bottom of the list of common events. The map for Trainer Card should be under System>Menue System>Trainer Card

If it isn't updated properly, I'll redo it properly, but I won't be able to come back on until Thursday this week, so try to refrain from bombarding me with PM's, but don't hesitate posting here- I'll get back to all your questions when I come back. Until Thursday!

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Hey, I'm sorry about confusing everyone.
    Well, I got mixed up wit the new update and the old update.
    Sorry. And by the way, this game seems to be
    progressing extremely quickly. (Nice work Darkmage!!!!!)

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Darkmage, could you give us an overview about
    how the game ( maps and all ) are progressing?

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Hi! I'm back!

I'm glad everything is working for all of you, and I'm glad you enjoy the game (if you can call it that at this stage)

Progress report? Here goes
    Story: ?% -my friend's job
    Graphics: 90% -I did most of everything here - all that's left is the item system
    CMS: 90% -All that's left is the item system and other possible upgrades
    CBS: 10% -The basics are in, but just for one or two pkmn. There's a lot yet to do.
    Maps: ?% -Most of mine are done, but I'm not sure how far my friend got
    Title Screens: 100% -The screens for Solar and Lunar are complete.
    Other: 75% -Weather is done, day and night is done, but the bike/running boots system is not done yet. I may upgrade the simple day/night system to a real-time date system with time (12 hr clock, US), but not yet.

Anything I missed?

Years
  • DarkMage31 said:
    Hi! I'm back!

I'm glad everything is working for all of you, and I'm glad you enjoy the game (if you can call it that at this stage)

Progress report? Here goes
    Story: ?% -my friend's job
    Graphics: 90% -I did most of everything here - all that's left is the item system
    CMS: 90% -All that's left is the item system and other possible upgrades
    CBS: 10% -The basics are in, but just for one or two pkmn. There's a lot yet to do.
    Maps: ?% -Most of mine are done, but I'm not sure how far my friend got
    Title Screens: 100% -The screens for Solar and Lunar are complete.
    Other: 75% -Weather is done, day and night is done, but the bike/running boots system is not done yet. I may upgrade the simple day/night system to a real-time date system with time (12 hr clock, US), but not yet.

Anything I missed?

Rm2kETE has a pretty simple running system in their game ete.hack.net game, you could take a look at it, if you want.

https://www.rm2kete.net/

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Have you got the ledges working? And could you make
    it so that you can jump over the fences? If you'd like help
    with anything, just ask. Unless you've already managed it.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Thanks, Avatar. But mine is going to be a little more than "simple." I'll inform you all as to how it works at a later date.

Daegon Kimeron> Thanks, but honestly, I haven't worked on ledges. Maybe I'll add another town and route that uses this. If I need help, I'll let you know.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    O.K.
    Darkmage. Did your friend tell you what the story's about
    and how many cities there are? (Roughly) And I thank you
    and your friend for working on such a great game.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • About 30 posts back I wrote the following:

More info, eh? Well, I'm collaborating with a friend to produce this game. It's about a kid who can't get a pokemon, is attacked on a route by a bunch of wilds, and is saved by a rogue Umbreon (Espeon if you are playing Solar as opposed to Lunar). You and the Umbreon become best buds and set off on the quest. We're trying to make it as original as possible without falling into any pokemon cliches.

Answer your question? I'm not sure how many cities there will be, but I'll ask him tomorrow maybe.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    For the pokemon appearance thing,
    why don't you set a X Y event?
    (If something XY, to Something XY = Something
    Switch appearances on
    Else, switch appearances off)
    Well hope this is some use to you.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I'm saying that in a certain X Y point of the map up to
    another X Y Point of the map (think of a rectangle) you should have switch appearance on.
    It'll probably save time on having to copy/paste loads of events.

MasterThePokeMon

Poke'Mon Champion
    Years
  • Hey, that looks neat. Did you make it on your PC with your friend? Because I think your SS's look great, the Poke'Dex is rad. I will be one of your first testers for the game so tell me when your done man!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Daegon Kimeron> I have no problem with what I'm doing now, but if you think that way is easier just write some code so I can try it out.

MasterThePokeMon> Pardon my Pokemon n00bishness, but what is SS stand for?
    And just for the record, we are doing it on two seperate comps and we're putting it together after both halves are complete. Originally, I was doing Solar and he was doing Lunar, but it ended up that I was doing the CMS, CBS, etc and he was doing the story (He's the pkmn fan, I'm the rm2k guru). I'd be happy to tell you all when it's in beta form.

New Update: The next feature added is a blink system! Every four point five seconds your character on-screen blinks twice! It's a really neat effect that adds a new dimension of realism to the game! Look for it in my next release! (A few weeks off)

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I'm sure that blink system would be great!
    And as for the coding, I'm starting that right now.
    Plus, what does SS stand for?
    (_______ System?)

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 15, 2004
    Ehm, to be honest... I don't like it very much. It's kind of... noobish... Don't get me wrong, it was fun to play for a while, but the map design is poor and so is the CMS. Everytime a text box in the CMS, don't like it. The CBS was a bit better but not too good. But if you keep it like this, I'm still going to play it, just for a bit fun.

Improve it, but if you can't, then it's not a too big problem... :)

Back