• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Tier Discussion/Resource

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
damn, this rends chomp useless lol.

it gets OWNED in uber tier, but is to good for standard play.

most people dont use sandstorm anyways, so the accuracy bit is off.

but i guess with its good moveset and stats most people will have serious problems countering it..... it is very hard to beat.

Gets owned in the Uber tier? Well, I don't know if anyone has told you, but after a SD it can OHKO a Lugia with Outrage.

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2012
Gets owned in the Uber tier? Well, I don't know if anyone has told you, but after a SD it can OHKO a Lugia with Outrage.

ahhhh lol xD

i wasnt really aware of that, i mean i have a SDchomp myself, and i like to use it... i pressumed although it would put up a fair fight in ubers, it would lose out.

i cant imagine many people using it though, i mean its main role is a physical sweeper, and in ubers groudon can do just as good of a job, if not a lot better imo.

maybe im wrong, i guess its place in ubers is kinda right... it was a bit unbalenced in standard play.

i also wonder what other sites have this ruling?, i looked on both smogon and serebii and see no change between them, both had chomp in standard play, not ubers.

Anti

return of the king
Years
About Wobbuffet, Roaring it away for a few turns is extremely useful. Any entry hazards you may or may not have will come into effect if it comes in again.

Point is, Wobbuffet can't come in on anything that 3HKOs it or 4HKOs with Spikes support. If Wobbuffet can't switch in on you, then it isn't going to be a threat to your team. Keeping it from switching in is fairly easy.

Wobbuffet is great for setting up stuff like BellyZard, but Dugtrio can set up Raikou by killing Blissey in the same sense. Wobbuffet is much more diverse in what it can kill, one cannot deny, but both are going to kill what they trap regardless. Then, you switch something in that counters it (Dugtrio or Wobby) to scare it off.

I'm drawing that comparison because that's how you handle Wobbuffet. Dugtrio, if played right, if going to kill a pokemon on the other team (unless all of the opposing pokemon beat it, but that's another story). After that, you know when it's going to come in and you can take action accordingly. If you play wobbuffet right, the most it gets is one kill, sometimes two depending on your own team.

Also, Metalkid's calculator has been proven to be inaccurate, FYI (and that is what you use, correct?). Besides, seeing Wobbuffet is pretty much destroyed by common sweepers isn't too promising. I will say it's impressive that it survives Gengar's Shadow Ball, but that's irrelevant since Gengar will be destroying Wobbuffet anyways. That's also not taking into account possible entry hazards and weather that could be on the field, which a ton of players use whether it's for Wobbuffet or not.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
About Wobbuffet, Roaring it away for a few turns is extremely useful. Any entry hazards you may or may not have will come into effect if it comes in again.

Point is, Wobbuffet can't come in on anything that 3HKOs it or 4HKOs with Spikes support. If Wobbuffet can't switch in on you, then it isn't going to be a threat to your team. Keeping it from switching in is fairly easy.

Wobbuffet is great for setting up stuff like BellyZard, but Dugtrio can set up Raikou by killing Blissey in the same sense. Wobbuffet is much more diverse in what it can kill, one cannot deny, but both are going to kill what they trap regardless. Then, you switch something in that counters it (Dugtrio or Wobby) to scare it off.

I'm drawing that comparison because that's how you handle Wobbuffet. Dugtrio, if played right, if going to kill a pokemon on the other team (unless all of the opposing pokemon beat it, but that's another story). After that, you know when it's going to come in and you can take action accordingly. If you play wobbuffet right, the most it gets is one kill, sometimes two depending on your own team.

Also, Metalkid's calculator has been proven to be inaccurate, FYI (and that is what you use, correct?). Besides, seeing Wobbuffet is pretty much destroyed by common sweepers isn't too promising. I will say it's impressive that it survives Gengar's Shadow Ball, but that's irrelevant since Gengar will be destroying Wobbuffet anyways. That's also not taking into account possible entry hazards and weather that could be on the field, which a ton of players use whether it's for Wobbuffet or not.

Yes i use Metal Kids Calc, even though it is inaccurate, by what, like 1% ? Thats is, seriously. It still gives you the jist anyways, of how much damage it will take approx.

Unlike Duggy, who cant take a hit, this thing can. Duggy also cant encore and trap every single pokemon, not just those that sit on the ground. Both are HUGE.

I disagree that you know when its going to come in, they have that on their side aswell.

The REAL Shadow Chaos

The one and only REAL Chaos!
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2008
But Wobbufet is better than Dugtrio because basicly everything that survives Dugtrio's attack can attack him back and kill him. So Dugtrio can only come in on weak Pokemon.
And Dugtrio cannot trap levitators and Flyers, while Wobby traps alot more.
And Wobby is way easier to switch in than Duggie.

Edit: #$#&, beaten it seems....

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
Years
I wasn't trying to compare dugtrio to Wobbuffet in the sense of who's better. How they can affect your team remains the same. Way to take me out of context.

My point was that if dugtrio or Wobbuffet comes in and kills something, you handle them the same way (only with different styled pokemon due to their differences).

My post got deleted because PC messed up though >.> I'll use Raikou as an example though.

If Raikou comes in the battle and you don't know if dugtrio or wobby is coming, they could easily come in and beat Raikou. But after that, both Wobbuffet and Dugtrio are going to be easy enough to deal with. Once the initial surprise is gone, you can take action to prevent further pokemon from being trapped. In the right hands, Wobbuffet or Dugtrio are going to take at least one pokemon. After that, you can beat Dugtrio, and wobbuffet is the same way.

That's the only comparison I'm trying to make, and it's quite viable.

Wobby doesn't over centralize the metagame, and while you can't counter it, beating it isn't that difficult, and luck is a non-factor. So how can you tell me that Wobbuffet is uber? It makes no sense.

If you question that wobbuffet is easy to beat, remember I run stall teams with all walls (which Wobby is supposed to thrive against), yet it was a non-factor in the battle. So many things can beat Wobbuffet. you can't counter it, but you don't necessarily have to.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
Years
I wasn't trying to compare dugtrio to Wobbuffet in the sense of who's better. How they can affect your team remains the same. Way to take me out of context.
Oh, getting snippy, huh? Sarcasm goes but so far. And it seems like he didn't take you out of context, since those differenes that were noted is wha tmakes those trappers different.
My point was that if dugtrio or Wobbuffet comes in and kills something, you handle them the same way (only with different styled pokemon due to their differences).

My post got deleted because PC messed up though >.> I'll use Raikou as an example though.

If Raikou comes in the battle and you don't know if dugtrio or wobby is coming, they could easily come in and beat Raikou. But after that, both Wobbuffet and Dugtrio are going to be easy enough to deal with. Once the initial surprise is gone, you can take action to prevent further pokemon from being trapped. In the right hands, Wobbuffet or Dugtrio are going to take at least one pokemon. After that, you can beat Dugtrio, and wobbuffet is the same way.

That's the only comparison I'm trying to make, and it's quite viable.
I don't see it as viable. Let that be the case, as I said earlier, Chomp should be made OU as well, since it can be outpredicted. Wobbo isn't as fragile as Duggy, and simply leaving a poke as bait (which I tried to do a few times to DarK) isn't good enough The mouse doesn't always fall for the bait. For instance, in the senario that Syoran gave, Wobbo was a lead, totally unexpected, and took out Bronzong on the spot. What to do with an equally intellegent opponent?
Wobby doesn't over centralize the metagame, and while you can't counter it, beating it isn't that difficult, and luck is a non-factor. So how can you tell me that Wobbuffet is uber? It makes no sense.

If you question that wobbuffet is easy to beat, remember I run stall teams with all walls (which Wobby is supposed to thrive against), yet it was a non-factor in the battle. So many things can beat Wobbuffet. you can't counter it, but you don't necessarily have to.That was just your battle, one battle, and apparently, it wasn't used to the best of it's abilities.

You'd need to really try in order to even take out Blissey with Dugtrio. It can't even wipe out my Grumpig. Wobby, however, can shmoose right in, causing his form of havock, then get himself healed.

Anti

return of the king
Years
Of course I'm getting snippy. I was taken out of context. I know what makes them different, but that's totally irrelevant.

Also, as far as Wobby as a lead is concerned, my Raikou lead in Advance really didn't like it when Dugtrio leads started popping up everywhere. You don't even need to be that smart to beat Wobbuffet. You just need to know how to beat it and its switching patterns. Even if the opponent goes out of his or her way to make predicting Wobbuffet a nightmare, it's just going to end up switching in on a Heatran Fire Blast.

Also, don't assume Wobbuffet wasn't used to the best of its abilities, because it was. And if it were uber like you guys are claiming, it certainly would have owned me since apparently Wobbuffet does good against stall teams. Wobbuffet was used very well, but I was prepared for it (without changing my team at all, might I add) and beat it.

Also, how do you really need to try to take out Blissey with Dugtrio? Earthquake is a 2HKO and Ice Beam isn't going to be OHKOing Dugtrio anytime soon.

Point is, you can get around Shadow Tag or just go directly at it. both ways work and both ways drown Wobbuffet. I'm sure it would be an excellent standard pokemon, but uber it is not (and it definitely isn't based on the criteria for an uber pokemon).

sims796

Years
Of course I'm getting snippy. I was taken out of context. I know what makes them different, but that's totally irrelevant.
I don't care how upset you get, lay off the sarcasm. It's low collar, and unproffesional, as far as pokemon goes, at least..
Also, as far as Wobby as a lead is concerned, my Raikou lead in Advance really didn't like it when Dugtrio leads started popping up everywhere. You don't even need to be that smart to beat Wobbuffet. You just need to know how to beat it and its switching patterns. Even if the opponent goes out of his or her way to make predicting Wobbuffet a nightmare, it's just going to end up switching in on a Heatran Fire Blast.
So that's all based on either pure luck, or rapid stupidity. Or poor switching. Keeping on the pressure isn't enough.
Also, don't assume Wobbuffet wasn't used to the best of its abilities, because it was. And if it were uber like you guys are claiming, it certainly would have owned me since apparently Wobbuffet does good against stall teams. Wobbuffet was used very well, but I was prepared for it (without changing my team at all, might I add) and beat it.
Then post the log on it's proper forum so we can see.
Also, how do you really need to try to take out Blissey with Dugtrio? Earthquake is a 2HKO and Ice Beam isn't going to be OHKOing Dugtrio anytime soon.
Now I am being taken out of context. That goes to show how Duggy needs to try more to hurt a Blissey.
Point is, you can get around Shadow Tag or just go directly at it. both ways work and both ways drown Wobbuffet. I'm sure it would be an excellent standard pokemon, but uber it is not (and it definitely isn't based on the criteria for an uber pokemon).I still don't see both ways working.

I am still annoyed I must type things here.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Oh pish posh, i wasnt taking you out of context.

I'm drawing that comparison because that's how you handle Wobbuffet.

I was referring to that, you dont handle wobby like duggy, i was pointing out that just because its a trap pokemon it is not handleld the same.

Duggy Cant encore, Duggy cant trap flyers and levitators, duggy cant take a hit like wobby, duggy cant counter and mirror coat.

They are totally different and are played different.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
Wobbuffet is BROKEN. I COMPLETELY disagree with it not being uber anymore.

Would've liked to see you back it up more...

After thinking it all over...
I'm on the Wobby for OU train here actually.

As much as you want to reject and hell at the stats, even whine to me about it. They really do show the metagame. Such as how it's on an Offensive shift by the solid walls falling in usage.

For the month of April... Wobby, I think made #43 on the weighted usage chart. Which is by far not overcentralizing. Many say "in the respect of others, they don't use wobby" Well... if they want to continue to do that, it stays overused and doesn't help the argument for uber at all. It's stock has been dropping on the ladder. It can be annoying some battles. Smart users of wobby or not, it's not overcentralizing, can be delt with, and doesn't really envolve luck. Most of the better arguments has been already used, so I had to bring up the stats.

I vote wobby to stay OU.

sims796

Years
Would've liked to see you back it up more...

After thinking it all over...
I'm on the Wobby for OU train here actually.

As much as you want to reject and hell at the stats, even whine to me about it. They really do show the metagame. Such as how it's on an Offensive shift by the solid walls falling in usage.

For the month of April... Wobby, I think made #43 on the weighted usage chart. Which is by far not overcentralizing. Many say "in the respect of others, they don't use wobby" Well... if they want to continue to do that, it stays overused and doesn't help the argument for uber at all. It's stock has been dropping on the ladder. It can be annoying some battles. Smart users of wobby or not, it's not overcentralizing, can be delt with, and doesn't really envolve luck. Most of the better arguments has been already used, so I had to bring up the stats.

I vote wobby to stay OU.

But most of the "better" arguments have failed to convince. It would be nice if you'd bring up better points. Just because they aren't using it in respect, doesn't mean that it should stay in OU.

Anti

return of the king
Years
I haven't made a sarcastic comment this entire discussion ._. I'm just stating my argument. That's it.

And switching to predict Wobbuffet isn't luck at all. Keeping the Pressure on works fine since Wobbuffet takes quite a bit of damage switching in, even on things it's supposed to beat like Hippowdon. STAB Earthquake hurts a lot more than you'd think.

Once you know Wobbuffet is on the other team, all you have to do to beat it is keep your counters healthy enough to survive counter/mirror coat (if they're going to attack it) and predict it switching in (which even against good Wobbuffet users is VERY easy, because a good Wobbuffet user is going to switch it in ONLY when it can work, which is when YOU switch in). You can beat it down with repeated attacks or let entry hazards take their toll. A lot of teams have Taunters that work here and Toxic does the job as well. Basically, you just beat it like you normally would (immunities, Toxic, Taunt, or attacking).

I didn't save the logs BTW. I saved one but that is actually an example of a bad Wobbuffet user (who I haven't even mentioned in this discussion BTW).

I didn't take you out of context at all. you said:

"You'd need to really try in order to even take out Blissey with Dugtrio."

In response, I said that isn't true since Adamant Dugtrio 2HKOs blissey anyways, which shows that Dugtrio does not in fact have to "really try" in order to beat Blissey.

Also, I'd like to know WHY you don't see either way working, because both of them do work.

sims796

Years
I haven't made a sarcastic comment this entire discussion ._. I'm just stating my argument. That's it.
I quoted on you earier.
And switching to predict Wobbuffet isn't luck at all. Keeping the Pressure on works fine since Wobbuffet takes quite a bit of damage switching in, even on things it's supposed to beat like Hippowdon. STAB Earthquake hurts a lot more than you'd think.
That can be said about almost everyone else, only this is a more dire, and much critical example,
Once you know Wobbuffet is on the other team, all you have to do to beat it is keep your counters healthy enough to survive counter/mirror coat (if they're going to attack it) and predict it switching in (which even against good Wobbuffet users is VERY easy, because a good Wobbuffet user is going to switch it in ONLY when it can work, which is when YOU switch in). You can beat it down with repeated attacks or let entry hazards take their toll. A lot of teams have Taunters that work here and Toxic does the job as well. Basically, you just beat it like you normally would (immunities, Toxic, Taunt, or attacking).
Is it REALLY that simple as to say "keep counters alive?
I didn't save the logs BTW. I saved one but that is actually an example of a bad Wobbuffet user (who I haven't even mentioned in this discussion BTW).
A shame.
I didn't take you out of context at all. you said:

"You'd need to really try in order to even take out Blissey with Dugtrio."

In response, I said that isn't true since Adamant Dugtrio 2HKOs blissey anyways, which shows that Dugtrio does not in fact have to "really try" in order to beat Blissey.
I was also speaking on it's fragality. Since it cannot OHKO (a Blissey anyway) and it's so fragile, it can indeed be counterd.
Also, I'd like to know WHY you don't see either way working, because both of them do work.I said why five times.

Since I must type here, I tested my Sceptile's SD Thunderpunch on Forry. It paralyzed it. First time in months. Horrible luck indeed.

Anti

return of the king
Years
It is that simple to keep counters alive, and even if you don't, other pokemon (most specifically DDtar) prey on you and sweep your team. If your counters to Wobbuffet die, you are toast, but that's true with other pokemon. It really isn't that difficult.

You still haven't stated why countering Wobbuffet the way I described won't work, and if you have I'd like you to quote it please.

As for Dugtrio, of course it can be beaten, but not by Blissey. Countering Dugtrio isn't even relevant to what you said. Blissey can't beat Dugtrio unless it Ice Beams it switching in, which is ridiculously easy to not have happen.

It doesn't matter if Wobbuffet is a more dire example though. There are high OUs like Heatran, Lucario, and Salamence that are exactly the same way, only without Shadow Tag but with A LOT more bite. With Lucario and Salamence especially, you don't know what they're packing in the moveset department so trying to counter them is a lot like approaching a Wobbuffet situation, only I would say countering Lucario and Salamence is harder than Wobbuffet (or beating them at least).

Point is, ubers are weighed based on these three things:

Over Centralization: Statistics prove that Wobby hasn't over centralized the metagame at all. Teams have a way to beat it anyways, so there's no need to go the extra mile to beat it.

No Counters: Wobbuffet has no counters, but neither do high OU CBers like Gallade and Machamp, not to mention other trappers like Dugtrio. But really, beating Wobbuffet isn't difficult with options like Taunt, Toxic, and PHazing moves, or just attacking it straight-on. Wobbuffet can be a very big pest, but it can be beaten without over centralizing the metagame ...or without changing your team hardly at all really.

Luck: You don't really need luck to be Wobbuffet. You just need to know how it operates (like with any pokemon) and how to beat it. considering we know those things, luck would only be icing on the cake when it comes to beating Wobbuffet.

Based on those 3 criteria, Wobbuffet is clearly OU.

sims796

Years
Just reread the rest of the post on this page. Not only do I not feel like quoting myself, I have replied from bolding on your quotes.

For God's sake, the Dugtrio thing was an analogy, speaking on how those two trappers operates\ differently, and can't be generalized as you were doing.

Now, as for your statisics, the statistics shows that Wobby isn't used much. That could possibly be the reason statistics show that it isn't used much.

Second one, Dugtrio is weakened hard simply because it is fragile. Magnet is weakend because it only works on steels. Only hurts it that those steels can wiithstand Shed Skin.

Toxic is offset by healers, Wobby can easily avoid Taunters & Hazers. Unless every poke uses that, or every poke has a way to deal with it, it's over. CBers have that weakness of being even easier than Wobby to outpredict.

Luck: Meh. I'll give you that.

Anti

return of the king
Years
You guys clearly haven't understood my Dugtrio analogy...I'm going to explain it.

Dugtrio can hurt a team the same way Wobbuffet can; If you don't see them coming, they can take a given pokemon out. After that, both pokemon are weakened because you know they're lurking in the shadows and you can play to be sure they don't kill you again.

That's ALL I was trying to say. I'm not comparing them as trappers saying who's better or whatever. All I'm saying is that they both are similar in what they can do to a team and how you deal with them after they take a pokemon.

And with that, I think you all should really drop the Dugtrio chat as you guys didn't understand what I meant >.>

Also, regardless of how much Wobby was used, it didn't over centralize the metagame. If people were really afraid of it, they would have taunters left and right...but they don't (because you don't need them).

Also, if a couple of your pokemon fall to Wobbuffet, it's okay. I'm going to make another reference to Dugtrio here. If you have two pokemon capable of beating Wobbuffet with attacks, one ghost, and one PHazer, you have 4 pokemon that can deal with Wobbuffet at the very least. The other two are weak to Wobbuffet and must avoid being trapped at all costs. If we made every pokemon able to beat Wobbuffet, it would be unnecessary over centralization since having one or two pokemon weak to Wobbuffet is no big deal. Don't believe me? People use Heatran and Blissey a lot, two pokemon weak to your average Adamant CB Dugtrio. so if you had those two on the same team (which could happen), two pokemon are weak to Dugtrio. Dugtrio is actually used just as much as wobbuffet according to Shoddy's usage statistics, so those two pokemon weak to Dugtrio are in equal danger as the two weak to Wobbuffet.

So really, having some pokemon weak to Wobby is no big deal would be the point I'm making.

Also, If wobbuffet gets any ideas about switching to a cleric, congratulations! you just countered Wobbuffet! you DID force it to switch. Besides, wetaher can take away its recovery and Spikes are even more of a pain. Also, Toxic Spikes make clerics pretty futile when it comes to saving Wobbuffet since it's going to get poisoned switching in anyways.

Wobbuffet can only take one boosted (CB or Specs basically) hit. It might not even know the pokemon is choiced, so it could Encore unnecessarily. That means wobbuffet loses. Also, if it avoids Taunters and PHazers, that means it won't be coming in which means it won't be hurting anybody. That doesn't mean you have to keep a PHazer or Taunter out the whole game either - You can just predict when it's coming in (since its switching patterns are so linear) and Roar it away or Taunt it.

also, rereading your post was basically "read my other post." I STILL don't know what you have said >_>

Anyways, you admit luck is not a factor, so that is one step towards making it OU. Statsistics have proven it doesn't over centralize the metagame, so that also is in favor of Wobbuffet being in OUs. the ONLY category you can really argue from is "no counters," but Wobbuffet is really easy to beat and teams are prepared for it anyways.

sims796

Years
You guys clearly haven't understood my Dugtrio analogy...I'm going to explain it.

Dugtrio can hurt a team the same way Wobbuffet can; If you don't see them coming, they can take a given pokemon out. After that, both pokemon are weakened because you know they're lurking in the shadows and you can play to be sure they don't kill you again.

That's ALL I was trying to say. I'm not comparing them as trappers saying who's better or whatever. All I'm saying is that they both are similar in what they can do to a team and how you deal with them after they take a pokemon.

And with that, I think you all should really drop the Dugtrio chat as you guys didn't understand what I meant >.>
There were misunderstandings everywhere, not just us to you.
Also, regardless of how much Wobby was used, it didn't over centralize the metagame. If people were really afraid of it, they would have taunters left and right...but they don't (because you don't need them).
Or because it's rarely seen. Hence why it took Syaroan by surprise.
Also, if a couple of your pokemon fall to Wobbuffet, it's okay. I'm going to make another reference to Dugtrio here. If you have two pokemon capable of beating Wobbuffet with attacks, one ghost, and one PHazer, you have 4 pokemon that can deal with Wobbuffet at the very least. The other two are weak to Wobbuffet and must avoid being trapped at all costs. If we made every pokemon able to beat Wobbuffet, it would be unnecessary over centralization since having one or two pokemon weak to Wobbuffet is no big deal. Don't believe me? People use Heatran and Blissey a lot, two pokemon weak to your average Adamant CB Dugtrio. so if you had those two on the same team (which could happen), two pokemon are weak to Dugtrio. Dugtrio is actually used just as much as wobbuffet according to Shoddy's usage statistics, so those two pokemon weak to Dugtrio are in equal danger as the two weak to Wobbuffet.

So really, having some pokemon weak to Wobby is no big deal would be the point I'm making.

Also, If wobbuffet gets any ideas about switching to a cleric, congratulations! you just countered Wobbuffet! you DID force it to switch. Besides, wetaher can take away its recovery and Spikes are even more of a pain. Also, Toxic Spikes make clerics pretty futile when it comes to saving Wobbuffet since it's going to get poisoned switching in anyways.
Please. It can last for a while before it worries about Toxic damage. If you must rely on residual damage to take it out, that's pretty unreliable.
Wobbuffet can only take one boosted (CB or Specs basically) hit. It might not even know the pokemon is choiced, so it could Encore unnecessarily. That means wobbuffet loses. Also, if it avoids Taunters and PHazers, that means it won't be coming in which means it won't be hurting anybody. That doesn't mean you have to keep a PHazer or Taunter out the whole game either - You can just predict when it's coming in (since its switching patterns are so linear) and Roar it away or Taunt it.
Those are widly moot points. You make it seem that almost the entire team is prepared for it.
also, rereading your post was basically "read my other post." I STILL don't know what you have said >_>
I don't know how to break it down anymore.
Anyways, you admit luck is not a factor, so that is one step towards making it OU. Statsistics have proven it doesn't over centralize the metagame, so that also is in favor of Wobbuffet being in OUs. the ONLY category you can really argue from is "no counters," but Wobbuffet is really easy to beat and teams are prepared for it anyways.

I can only skim through this, as I gotta get chinese food in a sec.

My biggest gripe, is that because it has no coutners, it'll go down the ways of Chomp. Eventually getting bumped back up once the game has evolved higher (& picked apart further-a damn shame). Soon enough, it'll be sent straight back up there.

Anti

return of the king
Years
Toxic wears it down REALLY fast. They usually have to switch.

You must remember about it not having any counters though...the same goes with Machamp, Ice Beam CBtar, and Gallade (not to mention Dugtrio). When you can't counter something, settling for the next best thing isn't always so bad.

Take Machamp, for example. It can 2HKO or OHKO anything. It can't be countered, so we have to outpredict it and make smart switches (suck as Skarmory, who despite being 2HKOed by Close Combat allows us to bring in a fighting resist like Gliscor now that we know Ice Punch isn't a threat due to Choice Band).

Wobbuffet trades power for an ability to trap, basically. You can't counter it because of that, but you can still beat it. I'll use Dugtrio as an example. you can't counter it thanks to Arena Trap, but you can send in Hippowdon as it too switches in. Wobbuffet is like that, only you have to be a lot more choosy about what you switch in. Toxic wears it down, even though Wobby is going to stall you until it realizes it has to switch. Sometimes it tries to trap Skarmory and is met with Toxic.

I'm not saying you have to put Toxic on every pokemon, but about half your party being Wobbuffet-ready usually does the job...and it isn't that hard. Remember, all you need is a PHazer (there's one pokemon, and something almost every team has), a dark or ghost type (something quite a few teams have), and something with Toxic (again, common). You could also use something with Taunt (DDtar and Gyarados are common examples) and let's not forget directly attacking it (especially with diverse sweepers, as Wobby will either have to play the guessing game of whether to choose counter or mirror coat or Encore you while taking a ton of damage). There is also U-Turning to a pokemon that can take counter and kill Wobbuffet.

I actually agree with Dark_Azelf that the biggest danger with Wobbuffet is its ability to set up sweepers. As a trapper, it's not that difficult to stop (just like Dugtrio). You just have to know HOW to stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back