• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon you hate battling

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Emolga. By the time I get to Emolga in White, I never have a pokemon faster than it with a rock type move and then it keeps spamming double team.

Plusle and Minun too. Whenever I play through Sapphire, I never have a good ground type attack when I get up to them in the route after Slateport. They spam thunder wave and paralyze my entire team.

TheUnit684

Heedrim
Years
^ Well then you must be pretty happy that he got the boot by Smogon, as he was voted out by a big percentage. ORAS tutors gave him Low Kick and Gunk Shot and made him even deadlier, so he took it for them.

Oh goodness. Thank the Lord! :P I'm happy whenever anything bad happens to Greninja. :P

Years
Hmm, I always complain about a bunch of Pokemon, but all I can think of right now are a few. Mostly ones that are reflections on the fact I like Fairy and Psychic Pokemon a lot lol

1) Magneton/Magnezone: All of those resistances and the fact it always seems to come out when I don't have any attack that's really strong against it.

2) Metagross: I hate that freakin thing so much. Steven's Metagross was the only one of two Pokemon that gave me serious problems for the entirety of the game, the other being of course, Wattson's (you guessed it) Magneton.

3) Gengar: The speedy little demon used wreck me. Until one day when I got smart and decided to include one on my teams.

Honorable Mention:

Militank & Chansey- They can be seriously obnoxious sometimes!
Ferrothorn- THAT THING!

Oh wait! I almost forgot, FLORGES!
WHEN THAT THING HAS A SET WITH TOXIC, WISH, AND PROTECT! Soooooooo annoying!

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Maxie: We, Team Magma, will expand the landmass and create more land for Pokémon and humans!

Archie: And we, Team Aqua, will stand by you!

Maxie: Wait, what?

Archie: Those darned Tentacool, Maxie

-

Also, anything with Sturdy, especially now that they might NOT have it
Dare I use Earthquake or Surf to take it out quickl-FREAKIN' STURDY! AAAAAAARGH

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
Years
And now a new one
Lilligent- After you clear Black, Smasher Aspen's Lilligent is so fast. Right after I pick a attack it always uses teater dance before I attack leaving me confused. And because of this I will never fight Smasher Aspen again

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
I have issues with Pokemon liek mine, fast hardhitters that also have stat mess ups.
Golbat line with Supersonic Wing Attack and whatever else because Supersonic has a 100% accuracy if used by an opponent.
In Diamond, I absolutely hate running into Bronzor/Bronzong because I had a full team by the time I got to Ponyta, and now I have to spam STAB Surf and Water Gun to down it. >.> Of COURSE Mars has one, why wouldn't she????
Anything with Sturdy or Explosion and such- I seem to be with the majority.
In Snakewood(a hack) Gorelax and Yuk are my bitter enemies.
Another hack called Firered Backwards screwed me up for good against Abras in any game.
A recent randomized nuzlocke of Crystal has realized my hatred for Pinsir. My starter had 11 HP left and that thing had to block her path of escaping and use Bind, I had to watch her slowly died because I had no potions. :(
Whitney's Miltank still makes the top of the list of course.
Most Dragon Types, as I rarely have Fairy/Ice/Dragon types on my team, I have to make do.

Years
Shedinja, and its stupid wonderguard. Its immune to everything except fire,flying,dark,rock and ghost. The first time I saw it, it was so annoying because I didn't know what damaged it.

Oh god you just reminded me that one of the double battle trainers in the Mauville Food Court in OR/AS has two Shedinja. It really shocked me when I first battled her because I had absolutely nothing that could hit them, and the only thing with me that had a super-effective attack at the time got easily beaten up by double-targeted X-Scissors.

But yeah, word of warning to those doing the double battles in there, if you manage to clear the first five trainers perfectly you have to be prepared or else you can't beat this trainer at all. And don't get me started on how sneaky the Food Court's triple battle trainers are as well, because they have nasty competitive-level strategies such as Prankster Whimsicotts or a trio of Swoobat holding a Bright Powder each. They even have Imposter Dittos and a trio of Pokemon with Intimidate all at once, effectively giving you an immediate drastic weakening to your physical attacks. In fact, past this link is all the nasty tactics you'll see in the Food Court from those sneaky trainers.

And now a new one
Lilligent- After you clear Black, Smasher Aspen's Lilligent is so fast. Right after I pick a attack it always uses teater dance before I attack leaving me confused. And because of this I will never fight Smasher Aspen again

^ Ah yes, i'm sure there are people who remember that Ace Trainer in Chargestone Cave with the Lilligant, and that was before you even got to Skyla. Confusion is just the worst, and that +1 Special and Speed doesn't help.

Speaking of Lilligant, one of those nasty triple battle trainers in the Mauville Food Court (in fact, the very first one you fight) has a Lilligant and two Lickilicky, all with Own Tempo. Guess what the Lilligant does? It uses Teeter Dance and both the Lickilicky are unaffected, meaning your team are the only ones who get confused. But yeah, Lilligant may look beautiful but they're not fun to fight.

Years
I only went to that Food Court once, and I don't remember much about it at all but I may have to return at some point. But on that same topic, the Lumiose restaurants have you trying to catch them on turns they don't use Protect and if you're not on cue, you'll miss on the target number of turns having to beat them.

And while Whitney's Miltank does have a few notable things that can defeat it (like Geodude, and Heracross with Brick Break if you're willing to grind to that, the Machop you can trade for, or even Onix), it's not something that will just succumb easily.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
Years
I have issues with Pokemon liek mine, fast hardhitters that also have stat mess ups.
Golbat line with Supersonic Wing Attack and whatever else because Supersonic has a 100% accuracy if used by an opponent.
In Diamond, I absolutely hate running into Bronzor/Bronzong because I had a full team by the time I got to Ponyta, and now I have to spam STAB Surf and Water Gun to down it. >.> Of COURSE Mars has one, why wouldn't she????
Anything with Sturdy or Explosion and such- I seem to be with the majority.
In Snakewood(a hack) Gorelax and Yuk are my bitter enemies.
Another hack called Firered Backwards screwed me up for good against Abras in any game.
A recent randomized nuzlocke of Crystal has realized my hatred for Pinsir. My starter had 11 HP left and that thing had to block her path of escaping and use Bind, I had to watch her slowly died because I had no potions. :(
Whitney's Miltank still makes the top of the list of course.
Most Dragon Types, as I rarely have Fairy/Ice/Dragon types on my team, I have to make do.
Oh I hate how moves with low accuracy is always 100% for the Opponent. Hydro Pump always misses when I use it, but it always hits me when the opponent uses it, no fair

Last edited:

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Yeah, Chuggaaconroy's mentioned that a lot in his Pokémon Let's Plays

He then proceeded to score THREE Critical Hits in a row against Wally in Emerald and four or five against Bruno in Firered

He's also amused by pointless Critical Hits (scoring one against a Pokémon already in the red just seems cruel)

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2019
The move taunt: As a stall player, I hate when the move taunt is used. I've had it used many times and grow to the point where I can sense it coming and get a free switch. Still annoying though.

Also, bisharp. I don't have many pokemon on my team that are good against it. I recently got a powerup punch kanghaskan, but then they just switch out.

Also, Togekiss. I will never put it on my team for the reason that I am currently considering an inner focus lucario just so I can beat it.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Wobbuffet. It's Ability and the moves it uses really ruins the fun in Pokémon. x_x I'm not fond of battling Emolga either.

Years
Pokemon that use protect and detect, it always works twice in a row, and I hate wasting my power points

Ah yes I hate it when NPC's spam those moves. There was always one trainer in the Battle Chateau in X/Y whose Mienfoo loves using it, after weaking you a bit with Fake Out of course.

But ever since playing OR/AS I now always dread every trainer with a Hariyama because every time I rematch trainers that have one they always seem to use Endure, and it doesn't help that five of the rematchable trainers use a Hariyama. I find them just as annoying as the Protect-spamming Pelippers we used to have in the old Hoenn games.

Years
I'm also going to go on record and mention Koffing and Weezing, mostly for their high Defense stats and how they can blow up most of the time, and that Levitate negates one of their weaknesses. Admittedly they're not as bad in Generation V and ORAS where Self-Destruct and Explosion's power were halved, but I remember being on the tail end of a Team Plasma Grunt's Koffing that did big damage against my Galvantula after I was faced with a bad matchup, to name one. But anyone who's played HGSS can probably relate to when they go boom.

Back