• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon you hate battling

Zaphkiel

~ Butter Knife ~
Years
I pretty much hate battling anything that has effect spore or static. It really gets annoying when grinding my pokemon. and it makes the pokemon less productive in battles, and sometimes turns the battle around.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
Years
Swadloon, Shelmet, and Tranquil- They love abusing protect and or detect , that is why I never fight wild ones
Liepard- near the beginning of the game, they are so fast and always use fake out then prusit, they have Sonic The Hedgehog speed
Scraggy at the beginning of the game- as cute as this Pokemon is in the start of the game is not fun to fight because of swagger

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I'm also going to go on record and mention Koffing and Weezing, mostly for their high Defense stats and how they can blow up most of the time, and that Levitate negates one of their weaknesses. Admittedly they're not as bad in Generation V and ORAS where Self-Destruct and Explosion's power were halved, but I remember being on the tail end of a Team Plasma Grunt's Koffing that did big damage against my Galvantula after I was faced with a bad matchup, to name one. But anyone who's played HGSS can probably relate to when they go boom.

This is why I love them. They are amazing. Also Explosion's power was halved? How much nerf does Explosion need? Geez! It's bad enough it doesn't hit Ghost types, and is neffective against Rock Types (doesn't make a damned bit of sense because dynamite mining). Koffing and Weezing are pretty rad that they only have one weakness that they can even defend against using Dark Pulse! Rock on!

Also, legendary Pokémon in casual battles. Really? Seriously? Quite being a coward. Also, Steel/Psychic types. There's enough of them that they can cause a problem for Poison types, but luckily I've expanded to include Fire types as well.

And Shuckle. King of the stall: Acupressure? Check. Rest? Check. Toxic? Check. Infestation? Check. Graah! Die already!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Any pokemon using the following abilities/moves:
» Prankster + ThunderWave
» Sleep/Stun Powder
» Toxic
» Protect/Detect
» Pixielate + Hyper Beam/Voice (Hyper beam mostly)
» Wish / HP Heal move
» Hypnosis
» -ate Abilities + any normal moves

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I hate encountering
Wobbufets: They take awhile to kill and can sometimes kill you if they survive any attempt to one hit K.O. it.
Golbats: Their Confuse Ray is annoying...
Aegislashes: They can sometimes be unpredictable.

Years
As I may have mentioned, Golbat can be unusually bulky and require more than just a super-effective hit to knock them out. And they're quite fast, and can confuse so yeah. And Aegislash was indeed banned by Smogon, although some people have contested that one.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
Greninja with Protean and Aegislash. After trying to battle on Pokemon Showdown several times, I quickly discovered that I hate battling these two Pokemon. Also, Garchomp, Tyrannitar, etc. Basically, any of those super powerful Pokemon that are Overused. I like seeing variety and just get irritated by them.

In-game, anything that can inflict status effects. Particularly those with abilities that inflict it upon contact. It feels like it gets inflicted SO often and the RNG is stacked against me a lot of the time.

Also, Steel-types. They're just so ungodly defensive and the types I like using are often walled by them. (Psychic, Fairy, Grass, etc.) Luckily, I also like using Fire-types, so there is that. But still, I think they need a bit more of a Defensive nerf in my opinion.

Ground-types because of Earthquake hitting my favorite types for super-effective damage (Electric, Fire). Plus, Sandstorm. I really really really hate Sandstorm.

Dragon-types because it's really difficult to score a super-effective on them, even with the addition of Fairies, and they block all of the primary elemental types that I like to compose my teams of. They still feel kind of cheap even in this day and age.

Things with Sturdy. I think it's been taken down, but nope! Still alive! Whilst I can get rid of it the next turn easily, it's still a pointless time waster in-game and a huge annoyance.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Fighting and Steel-types because I mostly use Normal and Ice-types.

When my opponent sends out Lucario or Speed Boost Blaziken, I know that I'm not going to last long. Those are some of the more commonly-used Pokémon, too. :/

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
Any thing that gets critical hits (many crits in a row is annoying as f*ck), any thing that change status on contact (I've failed 5 attacks in a row due to Paralyz haha), any well-trained Stallers/Annoyers.

Generally I like to crush these nuisances by hitting their weak spot so they're not annoying any more.

But! If they are faster and know an attack that I didn't expect I hate them even more!
Often I get KO'd by an Earthquake while desperately trying to Icebeam my Dragon opponents.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
In-game I actually struggle so much against Goldeen, particularly earlygame. Its Peck is actually pretty powerful and makes me a bit wary of sending out Grass-types against it haha.

Also like others have said, Sawk and Throh are tough to face in-game. They're pretty bulky and powerful too, and iirc one/both of them have Sturdy? I can't remember.

Years
Also like others have said, Sawk and Throh are tough to face in-game. They're pretty bulky and powerful too, and iirc one/both of them have Sturdy? I can't remember.

Sawk is the one with Sturdy if you're wondering. But yeah they are scary, especially in X/Y because I've heard terrible stories of people losing Pokemon to them in Nuzlockes and the like. In fact my challenger friend Pendraflare did two Wedlockes in X (first one ended in failure at Victory Road, but he did end up beating the second one) and on both occasions a Battle Girl with a Sawk in the Frost Cavern killed one of his Pokemon, a Florges in the first Wedlocke and a Dodrio in the second one.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
It's always been Machoke, Golbat, Raticate, and Graveler for some strange reason. Machoke is the hardest one to explain but Raticate spammed Sucker Punch, Graveler spammed Self Destruct, and Golbat spammed confusion to where I wanted to pull my hair out in frustration when it went on long enough. The worst part was when I wanted to escape only to be met with the words can't escape.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
-Lets out a loud sigh.-

Slowbro and Slowking. Both are quite self-explanatory, both in the in-game world and in the competitive world. They have crazy-good defensive stats, great movepools and abilities. I mean, having Regenerator, Slack Off and Scald alone has you set for life, though I feel I'm focusing too much on competitive here.

In-game, it's a nuisance for my Pokemon to handle, as most of my in-game Pokemon don't have the proper moves for a thing like Slowbro/King.

...and don't get me started on Mega Slowbro...

Back