• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Potential New Pokémon To Be Announced? Hoopa, Diancie, Volcanion and more!

Monte Blanc

The White Rabbit
Years
  • Heres the thing that has me thinking its some what fake. Why would GameFreak code in the mega Lati twins and 3 Mystic pokemon, if infact they are not going to be released in x and y?

For the same reason that Deoxys was coded into Ruby and Sapphire, and why Darkrai and Shaymin and Arceus were included in Diamond & Pearl.

They are intended to be unlocked via a downloadable event.

Years
  • For the same reason that Deoxys was coded into Ruby and Sapphire, and why Darkrai and Shaymin and Arceus were included in Diamond & Pearl.

I mean it will likely be like the Genesect, Keldo, Melloeta events where only one will be released in x and y and the other two in the next game. I mean to ask is why not just code in one for x and Y and Not code in the other two until the next game. Thos seems very pointless, wouldn't you agree?

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2014
    I mean it will likely be like the Genesect, Keldo, Melloeta events where only one will be released in x and y and the other two in the next game. I mean to ask is why not just code in one for x and Y and Not code in the other two until the next game. Thos seems very pointless, wouldn't you agree?

Pointless to an extent yes, but how would you be able to battle someone/friend on the gts that has the 3rd version of the game with everything being unlocked specifically for that title? Battles would not be able to occur because our x and y versions do not support the data that the third game (possibly named z) will have.

Years
  • For the same reason that Deoxys was coded into Ruby and Sapphire, and why Darkrai and Shaymin and Arceus were included in Diamond & Pearl.

Pointless to an extent yes, but how would you be able to battle someone/friend on the gts that has the 3rd version of the game with everything being unlocked specifically for that title? Battles would not be able to occur because our x and y versions do not support the data that the third game (possibly named z) will have.

You don't. You get Z. I think this would actually make gamefreak more money

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I got this.

You don't. You get Z. I think this would actually make gamefreak more money
    So Gamefreak should add new things to the game, thus giving players the idea that they should never buy the first games in the future because they will be incomplete and incompatible with later titles in its generation? Gamefreak would lose money in the long run. No, Gamefreak puts everything in the first games, hides some of it, reveals it in future titles, then you can trade them back to the first titles without problem.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • MunchingOrange has noted some very interesting thing about the Hoopa and Volcanion-they both seem to be inspired by indian colture, and also the strange souvenire that you get from the guy of the unknown region look a totem-another item that was used in the indian culture. So mabye they can be found in this unknown region.

Now that you mention that, I love these legendaries now even though I know like nothing about Indian culture but still I love legendaries inspired by different cultures.^^

iicraft505

A Magikarp ate your pie.
    Years
  • I'm more disappointed in the fact that the game was able to be hacked than I am with the designs.

Yes, it is.
    I think that it would be cool if these were real, but if they're not, how did they show up in the GTS?
    Also, I think their designs look cool.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    To be honest, i'd rather not have the 3 event pokemon but rather have mega evolutions instead. Ones that spring to mind are more mega evolutions for Blastoise and Venusaur. Why does Charizard deserve 2? I want to see another set of evolutions for them two. Also Mega evolutions for the 2nd generation starters would be interesting to have. Also mega evolutions for ones such as Gallade, Milotic, Golem, Machamp etc. These I feel deserve mega evolutions since their "counter parts" get one.
    Gallade - Gardevoir
    Milotic - Gyarados
    Golem and Machamp - Gengar and Alakazam

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I don't think the mega stones will be found in hoenn if/when a remake is done as mega evolutions are supposed to be unique to kalos
    A traveler from Kalos could show up in Hoenn, no? Since Latios and Latias were post-game (in HG/SS at least, not sure in Hoenn but can research), they could be post-game here as well.

EDIT: Yup, they were post-game in Hoenn as well.

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    A traveler from Kalos could show up in Hoenn, no? Since Latios and Latias were post-game (in HG/SS at least, not sure in Hoenn but can research), they could be post-game here as well.

EDIT: Yup, they were post-game in Hoenn as well.

Or sometime during the storyline or post-game, a meteorite crashes somewhere in Hoenn (Meteor Falls) that is an equivelant of the sundial in Anistar City. Therefore we can use Mega-Evolution in Hoenn and we will be able to find the Mega-Stones in Hoenn, or we just need to trade them from X and Y.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't think the mega stones will be found in hoenn if/when a remake is done as mega evolutions are supposed to be unique to kalos
    Well it feels like they hinted at it not being unique to Kalos by having it in Pokémon Origin's...
    While playing the game I notice Sycamore and a few other theorize that perhaps the reason for Megas being seen only in Kalos is due to the presence of the Kalos legendaries. It's possible that they could do a Xerneas or Yvetal (or Zygarde) event in the remakes, and future games to justify their presence. Also note that the device may not have only impacted the Kalos region, but the whole world, thus providing the other regions with the ingredients to have the Mega Stones. (Also the fact that there's stones for non Kalos dexes Pokémon further support this theory).

Wonder why the majority of the pokemon with Mega Evolutions are Hoenn...well I guess Gf agrees that they have some of the best designs and popularity since that one of the criteria :D. With Unova as the worst for lacking any (though I think they decided to not introduce any Unova yet as it's fairly new (which is why I think they did no Kalos), as they can't determine the fan favorites as they may change with this generation).

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Game Freak may add Unova Mega's in the next games or next gen.

Back to topic, I don't see we'll be encountering Volcanion and Hoopa in the wild through the use of an event item. Their catch rate is incredibly low, which makes catching them a pain in the *ss (Unless you use a Master Ball, of course.). Diancie on the other hand has a catch rate of 30 and makes it likely to be found somewhere in the Power Plant.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think the reason for why the MegaLatis look so similar is that perhaps they absorbed the opposite energy (Yin or Yang), thus becoming the perfect being. Of course Yin and Yang combined make the same thing just like blue and red combine make purple. Thus meaning the only difference between the two is their actual gender, but looks wise they're androgynous for their species, in the Greek culture, and others, androgyniality represented perfection.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • Why do Hoopa and Volcanion have a catch rate of 3 while diancie has a catch rate of 30?

I also have a feeling diancie will have something to with the anistar city sundial shadow rumors.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Wonder why the majority of the pokemon with Mega Evolutions are Hoenn...well I guess Gf agrees that they have some of the best designs and popularity since that one of the criteria :D. With Unova as the worst for lacking any (though I think they decided to not introduce any Unova yet as it's fairly new (which is why I think they did no Kalos), as they can't determine the fan favorites as they may change with this generation).
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. We're getting Hoenn remakes.

Of course, this is nothing confirmed. But I'm banking on it this gen.

Back to topic, I don't see we'll be encountering Volcanion and Hoopa in the wild through the use of an event item. Their catch rate is incredibly low, which makes catching them a pain in the *ss (Unless you use a Master Ball, of course.). Diancie on the other hand has a catch rate of 30 and makes it likely to be found somewhere in the Power Plant.
    I do agree that all the locked doors at the Power Plant may be related to at least one of the three unreleased legendaries. Perhaps we have to find our way into the other areas one by one for different parts of the event, say to collect two or three unique items that form a single item, and then take it to some location to summon the Pokémon (Diancie?).

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I do agree that all the locked doors at the Power Plant may be related to at least one of the three unreleased legendaries. Perhaps we have to find our way into the other areas one by one for different parts of the event, say to collect two or three unique items that form a single item, and then take it to some location to summon the Pokémon (Diancie?).

That is genius. It makes finding Diancie also a bit of a puzzle, just like the Regi trio. It makes hunting for a legendary more fun than navigating through a cave, spam the hell out of Max Repels and getting frustrated because you didn't bring Strength or Rock Smash with you.

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    is it confirmed that Diancie is NOT an evolution of carbink?

It is not officially confirmed, but it seems very unlikely because Diancie is a legendary. Unless GF decides to do something weird of course...
    Carbink is already pretty bulky, and with an eviolite, that thing will be unstoppable xD.

Back