• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    Yes The Miz won, though I dont mind Kofi. Ugh how much more Cena vs Orton are we gonna see? I just hope MVP steps up and faces Orton

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Yep, MVP is definatly the guy I can see in the limelight.

Miz won? Well, congratz to him. Lolz. Now I wanna see Morrison take on Miz. :P

EstebanOrt77

The only Colombian on PC.
    Years
  • Yep, MVP is definatly the guy I can see in the limelight.

Miz won? Well, congratz to him. Lolz. Now I wanna see Morrison take on Miz. :P
    Why do I get the feeling that's gonna happen in the Bragging Rights PPV?
    It makes sense, the IC Champion vs. the US Champion.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Imporant Update On Rowdy Roddy Piper (Rumor Killer)
    By Michael Bluth

It was reported here earlier today that WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. One of Piper's representatives has stated that the news is 100% untrue. Piper has taken time off for health-related issues after wrapping his most recent film, but he has not been diagnosed with a terminal illness or terminal cancer.

Piper has been advised by doctors to take a break from working and rest. His representatives may be releasing an official statement soon.

That said, do keep Roddy Piper in your prayers.

Booker T Expected to Leave TNA Soon, Claims He Can Return to WWE
    By Amish Patel

Source: ProWrestling.net

- After his contract expires (believed to be in November), it is widely expected that TNA will sever their relationship with Booker T. The straw that ultimately broke the camel's back was when Booker refused to put over Matt Morgan at the TNA iMPACT! taping on Tuesday.

Booker's negative attitude backstage has received a lot of attention, and although nothing is official, there are multiple sources in in the company who feel Booker's TNA stint is over. It is thought that his last TNA appearance may be at the Bound for Glory PPV where he is expected to drop the tag titles with Scott Steiner.

Concerning the plan for him to lose a match to Matt Morgan, Booker voiced his disapproval on an overseas tour bus and felt it was a mistake to lose to Morgan on television rather than pay-per-view. After cooling off over the weekend, Booker was expected to put over Morgan until he refused to follow through with the match plan, telling company officials his decision 45 minutes before the taping. Obviously the poor timing made it very difficult for TNA creative to rewrite some of the show, but he did ultimately appear, but did not wrestle Morgan.

Finally, during last week's overseas tour and in the lockeroom on Tuesday, Booker claimed that after his contract with TNA expires he has WWE options and will return.

RVD Teases Going To TNA, Angle
    By Michael Bluth

-- Rob Van Dam has posted a message on his WWE Universe page that WWE officials probably won't be thrilled with. Here's what RVD posted to promote his weekly BlogTalkRadio.com radio show:

THE SUBJECT…HYPOTHETICALLY…

WOULD YOU RATHER SEE RVD GO TO WWE OR TNA?

GO TO ROBVANDAM.COM TO RVD RADIO 10/07/09 FROM 9-11 PM E.S.T.

☆DiaIsDia☆

.:Cradle Shock:.
    Years
  • Did everyone see that? Melina and Jillian jusr became Champs! XD Jillian's first reign was like 2 minutes. XD

Edit:

Melina to Raw
    Beth to SD!
    ??? To ECW

EDIT:

To Raw
    Melina
    Brie
    Nikki

To SD!
    Mickie
    Beth

To ECW
    Eve
    Rosa

Last edited:

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    Yes, im just glad Melina won that title off of that talentless bimbo Jillian. Smackdown pretty much has a much better womans division with more talents then Raws one now.

As for the Raw vs Smackdown tag team match at Bragging Rights, theres not much good choices for Smackdown since theres the fatal four way(Rey,Batista,Undertaker and Punk) and Morrison is occupied with The Miz. Other then Kane and possibly Ziggler the rest arent really credible.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Captain Lou Albano Dead At 76
    Written by Richard Gray

We are deeply saddened to report that WWF Legend Captain Lou Albano has died. Albano's health had been deteriorating and he was recently placed in hospice care. He was 76.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • OK, somebody tell me what the hell happened yesterday on SD!. Stupid Spanish Playoff Games took the time SD! airs...

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Shane McMahon To Depart WWE
    Written by Richard Gray on Oct 16, 2009 - 10:27:39 AM

- WWE issued the following press release today:

STAMFORD, CT – October 16, 2009 – Shane McMahon, Executive Vice President of Global Media, announced today he has tendered his resignation effective January 1, 2010.

Shane stated, "It has been an incredible experience to help build WWE into a global phenomenon. However, having been associated with this organization for the majority of my life, I feel this is the opportune time in my career to pursue outside ventures."

"Even though I am personally saddened by Shane's decision to leave the company, I am proud of the enormous contributions he has made. He will unquestionably bring passion, commitment and extensive business experience to any endeavor he pursues," said Vince McMahon, WWE Chairman and CEO.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • McMahon's departing WWE... I really don't know what to feel about that.

I guess sad in a way. He was an OK wrestler. Loved the Coast To Coast Finisher of his.

*Salutes Shane* Have a great life man.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Jim Ross Says He's Suffered a 3rd Bells Palsy Attack
    By Michael Bluth

While on a Monday night flight from Oklahoma to Columbia, South Carolina for tonight's SmackDown tapings, WWE Hall of Famer Jim Rosss suffered his 3rd Bells palsy attack. He was able to reach WWE doctors and they called in the medicines he needed to get started on to slow down the paralysis. He wrote on JRsBarBQ.com this afternoon:

"This isn't my first challenge I've had to deal with and there are lots of folks that have much worse issues than do I that they contend with on a daily basis. My intention is to fight thru this and continue doing what I love."

"The wrestling business and those that work in it have become such a huge part of my life and the way I see it this is just another bump in the road as I am far from "tapping out. With all the fans that have always supported me thru 35 years, I know I won't be going thru this alone."

Ross had planned to work tonight's WWE SmackDown tapings alongside Jerry "Lawler," filling in for the recently married Todd Grisham. Those plans have now changed.

"It has been decided that I should not risk further issues by working tonight and I am in the process of arranging a flight back to OKC so I can see a neurologist on Wednesday."

"I want to be a part of Bragging Rights but only time will tell if that will be physically possible. My passion and love for the game is in tact but I have to do what's best for my long term health"

"Life is about facing the challenges we encounter so I am going to do all I can to get better and back at the announce desk asap. I wish I had more answers but I simply don't at this time … Never count me out of the game as this isn't the first mountain that I have had to climb. Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole will handle SD from Columbia. My thanks to every one for understanding this matter. Better days are on the horizon.

Ross said he's grateful that WWE has been "tremendously supportive" of his situation.

We wish JR a full and speedy recovery.

-----------------------------
    Let us all pray he will be ok. WWE needs good old JR at the booth to make the match's enjoyable.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Real Reason Why ROH Star Didn't Sign With WWE
    By Amish Patel

- We noted last night that Nigel McGuinness was telling people at last night's iMPACT tapings that he didn't sign with WWE because they took too long to send him his contract. However, Prowrestling.net reports that it's confirmed he failed WWE's pre-screening test and WWE pulled their verbal offer to him and never offered him an actual contract.

The story goes that this was not the case of Nigel failing a drug test, but a medically related test that caused WWE to shy away from signing him. TNA does not have a pre-screening test for their incoming talents.

Jim Ross Update
    Written by Richard Gray

Jim Ross is in good spirits and ready to "go to battle" after his latest Bell's Palsy attack. As JR mentioned on his blog yesterday, he is scheduled to see a neurologist today for an evaluation.

There is still no word if he'll be able to work Sunday's Bragging Rights pay-per-view

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • WWE bringing back released Superstar, seeking more talent
    By Brian Cantor

-- PWInsider.com reported Thursday night that WWE has reached a new deal with Lance Cade.

Cade, who was contracted with WWE for most of the decade until 2008, was released from his contract while in the midst of a push that saw him align with Chris Jericho and wrestle his one-time trainer Shawn Michaels.

Though details at the time of his release were initially sketchy, veteran Jim Ross quickly added some color to the situation, noting, "Lance Cade was dismissed from the WWE because, like many humans, he made a major league mistake while utilizing bad judgment that cost him his job. This included Lance having a seizure on an airplane and having to have emergency medical care."

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • So, Bragging Rights is Tomorrow. The PPV looks good, actually.

The Brand Match Favorite for me is so totally Smackdown. The new people are SO much better then the old ones. I mean, come on, Estabon? McIntyre? At least Ziggler was good, but the team or Jericho, Matt, Kane, R-Truth, Hart Dynasty,and Finlay so totally owns.

As For the Iron-Man Match, I'm voting for RKO. I want Cena to lose, the go to SD!

The F4W match is interesting... I actually don't have a favorite. =0

EstebanOrt77

The only Colombian on PC.
    Years
  • So, Bragging Rights is Tomorrow. The PPV looks good, actually.

The Brand Match Favorite for me is so totally Smackdown. The new people are SO much better then the old ones. I mean, come on, Estabon? McIntyre? At least Ziggler was good, but the team or Jericho, Matt, Kane, R-Truth, Hart Dynasty,and Finlay so totally owns.

As For the Iron-Man Match, I'm voting for RKO. I want Cena to lose, the go to SD!

The F4W match is interesting... I actually don't have a favorite. =0
    Darn it, Smackdown won.
    The Raw team was so much better than the Smackdown team. R-Truth isn't that good, Kane sucks now, Hart Dynasty? Hell NO! Finlay also sucks. The only good ones on Smackdown were Jericho and Hardy, while the Raw team had better people. The only reason SD won because of Big Show.

Oh yeah, MIZ WON!!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back