• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
Years
  • This seriously needs reviving before it gets over a month old, so I thought I'd revive it with some Cyber Sunday talk. :)

I urge anyone who lives in the US, and who can text to vote for their Cyber Sunday choices, to vote for Goldust to face Santino. Search Funny Goldust moments on Youtube, and that's a good enoguh reason to see why. Honky is lame and out of shape, Piper is totally out of shape, so pick Goldust, 'the bizarre one' to face Santino. :) [/pledge]

Who do you think will be picked for the Batista vs Jericho Special Ref match? If I lived in the US, I'd vote for Stone Cold, just for another return.

Vote Goldust. :D

Super Smash Kid

StraightEdge Member
    Years
  • I hate Goldust. I like Black Reign.

And I think he will fight Honky cuz Santino was making fun of him.

Also its hard to choose from the special ref match.

Red Rain

Years
  • Fans are now also thinking that maybe Charlie Haas might just be impersonating them, which to me could result in complaints for refunds, as none of the real deals have been advertised. I really hope Goldust though, he could put on the best match. Come on Goldust! :P

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • No vote Honky Tonk and Austin(So difficult to choose). Then we can see the future match: Honky Tonk vs Beth Phoenix.

Random Question: Anyone else tired of Finlay and Hornswoggle?

Years
  • Not really, I don't know about you, but they come up with Fresh new Tactics. Usually Distraction Tactics. Like Last Friday, Hornswoggle donned The Brian Kendrick's Coat and Imitated him (Charlie Haas is his Smaller Years if it were Possible). Well, that's what I saw here in the UK. But I want to know about Last Monday Night RAW's Main Event: Degeneration-X! Will they want to re-form or was it a One-Off? Mind you, it'd be harder as HBK is on RAW and Triple H is on Smackdown!.

:t152:

Red Rain

Years
  • Who will take the title from Y2J? I think he'll have it for a decent run. Maybe Team Y2J vs Team Batista or HBK at Survivor Series? That'd be great.

In relation to FInlay & Hornswoggle, I am fed up, yes. Hornswoggle's silly laugh he does and the way they portray him as a kid are annoying, and Finlay just looks daft in that green hat. I really want the heel Finlay back.

VOTE GOLDUST! :D

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Not Goldust! Vote Honky Tonk!

DeanoDance said:
    And I'm disappointed that HBK didn't beat Y2J at No Mercy.
    I was very dissapointed with the fact that HBK lost at No Mercy. But, IMO, HBK is getting very tiring for me. All of his drama is just starting to get me mad.

Red Rain said:
    Who will take the title from Y2J?
    I think it will be Randy Orton or Batista. If it's Batista, we might see a Batista/Randy Orton saga.

Max_Damage39

I am not pathetic!... Am I?
    Years
  • I think it will be Randy Orton or Batista. If it's Batista, we might see a Batista/Randy Orton saga.

Oh god I hope not! Batista + title shots = boring. And now to contradict myself: a Randy Orton vs Batista saga would be awesome.

Also; for all the Australians out there: we can vote for Cyber Sunday matches during the WWE programs using the red button.

And finally; Foxtel misspelled "Honky Tonk Man" as "Homky Tonk Man" I found that quite humorous.

Edit: Has anyone played TNA iMPACT!? I recently had the opportunity to play it, it's horrible. Although I did play the Story mode through until the end. There's a few hours of my life I'd like back.

Last edited:

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Edit: Has anyone played TNA iMPACT!? I recently had the opportunity to play it, it's horrible. Although I did play the Story mode through until the end. There's a few hours of my life I'd like back.

Dude the story definitely lacked, especially the voiceovers, but I thought the game was definitely a step in the right direction. It flowed really well and despite the general lack of variety of moves I think that will come with time. I mean the SvR series still has movesets all teh way back from some of the originals on PS2, so it takes time for movesets to be built up. Overal though I really liked TNA's style and it really captured their wrestling styles well, especially the X-division.

Max_Damage39

Years
  • Dude the story definitely lacked, especially the voiceovers, but I thought the game was definitely a step in the right direction. It flowed really well and despite the general lack of variety of moves I think that will come with time. I mean the SvR series still has movesets all teh way back from some of the originals on PS2, so it takes time for movesets to be built up. Overal though I really liked TNA's style and it really captured their wrestling styles well, especially the X-division.

The movesets didn't bother me as much, despite only being 6 or 7 moves per wrestler, it was the ease in which the computer player could reverse your moves that bothered me, you HAD to be Suicide during the story mode, the commentary (it's more repetitive than the SmackDown vs Raw series commentary!!!), the fact that half the wrestlers you "unlock" don't even exist and the first match I did in the game glitched, my opponent went for a tag then he flew up into the roof, came out of the floor and flew into the roof again...... WHY!?

I thought the voiceacting was a lot better than the Smackdown vs Raw games... OK, the first Smackdown vs Raw game anyway... But, considering it was most of the wrestlers first time doing voiceover work, it wasn't too bad.

Macaveli

Pokemon Azure Version Hacker
    Years
  • I bought TNA Impact the day it was out. Returned 4 days later,Need I say more?

Anybody psyed about Smackdown 2009? Looks miles better than any of the previous ones,reasons being (on 360/PS3 version)

1.Create A Finsher 8/10
    2.Import Music for PS3(finally) 10/10
    3.Downloadable content 9/10
    4.Road To WrestleMania 7/10
    5.Career Mode 7/10
    6.Revamped AI 9/10
    7.50% reduced Load time 7/10
    8.Roster 8/10
    9.Tag Team improved 9/10
    10.Hornswoggle In the game 9/10

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • WWE Divas

Hiya!!!!! Do you watch the WWE divas? If so, who looks the best??? I luv Maria!!!!!!

Err... I dont know if i can post the pics i want to. Most likly not. Oh well.......

Last edited:

Max_Damage39

Years
  • I seriously can't stand watching the Diva matches, but if we're going to go by who looks the best, I'm gonna have to say Beth Phoenix. Something about Divas who can actually wrestle does something to me...... *cough*

Max_Damage39

Years
  • 1.Create A Finsher 8/10
    2.Import Music for PS3(finally) 10/10
    3.Downloadable content 9/10
    4.Road To WrestleMania 7/10
    5.Career Mode 7/10
    6.Revamped AI 9/10
    7.50% reduced Load time 7/10
    8.Roster 8/10
    9.Tag Team improved 9/10
    10.Hornswoggle In the game 9/10

Create A Finisher sounds good and having 2 story modes is cool. Although the story modes in the SmackDown vs Raw series are a bit repeditive and, unless I'm thinking of Day of Reckoning, in the SmackDown vs Raw story modes if you start with a created character you start with no stats and have to vs people like Trple H and the Big Show. At least with Here Comes the Pain you vs people with lower stats like Ultimo Dragon...

Macaveli

Pokemon Azure Version Hacker
    Years
  • As beautiful as Maria is, she is a terrible wrestler. I like girls who are smart,beautiful and acan KICK ASS,so my favourites are Mickie James and Michelle McCool(she has improved over the last year).

But LOL did anyone else see Glamahaas on RAW,when Beth in the ring and her music went off I was like ''Huh?...Oh no,it's not Haas is it?'' and then Haas comes out dressed as Beth and I LMOA and then Goldust says,''I don't like crossdressers'',priceless.lol

Max_Damage39

Years
  • What's all this crap I keep hearing about John Cena vsing Chris Jericho for the World Championship at Survivor Series? Cena already has a reputation of being pushed too much and now on his first match back he is going for a major championship that he DOESN'T deserve. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back