• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project Alpha Fan [USERS NEEDED]

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
  • of course you can. ChrisTom will add you to the list soon

Also, I just did a Haunter run for a challenge. Even though he was the only pokemon i used from the start, I still couldn't OHKO any of Agatha's Pokemon with Psychic. I don't know about stats, but I'm not too keen on losing an entire attack slot (lick is pretty much useless in that game since it doesn't effect psychic pokemon), and losing 2 STAB attacks. Not to mention that this also means you have to do the Rocket Game Corner to get the Scope so that you can see the ghosts.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Quick update on my slow runthrough to plan things out. Like I said before training up Pokemon took up so much time I fell of my great time of 4 hours, 4 badges. Since then it hasd just been downhill. Training up is what can kill one of these run throughs, seriously.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I feel motivated to update! Mostly because it's been 11 days since the last update by anybody. :(

So, I finished the route above Bill's house, as well as the Rocket that gives you dig. Next time, I beat Misty and hopefully get to Rock Tunnel.

Years
  • I'll join I'll join
    I have no other choice but to use emulators(I dont have GB >.<)
    Anyways chosen squirtle and beats Gary
    Now saved and play time is 00:03 ^^
    1 month since i posted it.... i can't continue(coz ima not registered)

I'll share my tricks:
    1. when choosing name just hit A then Hit Start quickly(same applies to Rival's) coz it will buy u some time
    2. change text speed to fast
    well i decided to restart in order to make video for my playthrough^^
    i guess everybody have VBA so u can see my video(future will probably be on Hypercam)

Last edited:

bandgeek219

Germany for World Cup!!
    Years
  • I will definitely give this a shot :) I have blue and red, but no gameboy to play it on, so I'll stick to an emulator

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • Ok, Melvern, bandgeek219: you guys are in. Just please be frequent with your posts.

Hokorashiimesuinu it does NOT count if you use cheats of any sort whatsoever. But I would like to see cinematographic evidence of this accomplishment as it may hold neccessary to the success of this project.

bandgeek219

Germany for World Cup!!
    Years
  • Well here is a very small beginning update:

-Started the game. Quickly chose the default names BLUE and RED.
    -Did all the intro stuff. Got Bulbasaur as my beginner.
    -Defeated Red in the lab.
    -Saved the game with 00:02 as my current time.

Has somebody mentioned the use of repels yet? Just take the second to buy some at a Pokemart before going into Dark Cave or somewhere like that. You'll save a lot of time if you aren't running into a wild pokemon every two seconds.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Good, this was moved to challenges. Thank you Sydian or whoever did it, I don't have to toggle back and forth between here and Metal/Color now.

As for importance, like I promised, I beat Misty, and got to Vermillion City, which was where I was going to stop for the day. But, it seemed not near long enough, so I decided to tackle SS Anne and Lt. Surge. Piece of cake with Dig. I got the Bike Vocher, and now am east of Cerulean. Next update will be from here to Lavendar Town, and we'll see if I feel like playing from there.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I've been looking over this challenge the whole aftertoon and i think I'll take part in the challenge but a few things first

-My Laptop with my Emulator is currently being shipped because im moving,So I won't be able to start for a while

-When I do get it I'm technicly not going to do an actual speed run,I'm going to devote my time finding the fastest possible way to do things

Im going to do 3 difrent save files (one for each starter) then I will be making a "Strategy Guide" showing what pokemon can KO in X Amount of turns a the lvl my pokemon was at.Then you guys can decided wether you should fight it or not.

I will also try to get maps and state whats the fastest route and which people are avoidable.

I hope to be a huge help to this thread!

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • showing what pokemon can KO in X Amount of turns a the lvl my pokemon was at.Then you guys can decided wether you should fight it or not.
    Lol, that is similar to what I'm doing. I'm doing 3 runs too, but I'm pretty sure Squirtle is the way to go on this one, so I'm doing the first run slowly, fighting every single trainer and writing down how much exp they give, as well as if it is a required fight or if you can skip them. Then, on the second run, I'm going to hack my way to the elite four and see what level Lapras needs to be at to easily kill the entire elite four. I'm effectively going to be playing the game backwards, to see at various points (basically all the gym leaders, rival fights, and Giovanni) how high your Pokemon should be. Then, I'm going to use this thing on marriland that tells you how much exp. you need to get to any given level. After that, I will use the giant guide I made to see the optimal people to fight in order to get to the level needed. And finally, I'll do my speed run.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Sounds good.But we don't need two people doing the same job,and knowing me I'll probably screw it up so I'll just do a plethora of speed runs trying to get a good time and finding tricks

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I might just pick up my old Blue, dust it off, and try this. We'll see what happens...

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Well, I'm a tard. I started thinking... I'm not doing my super fast run right now, so why do I not have cheats on? I now have flash, caught a Lapras above Cerulean with a masterball, which came with Surf, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, and Psychic, and now can walk through walls. Oh yeah, and Lapras is like level 40 or something. And I'm in Rock Tunnel. To make a long story short, if you aren't actively trying for the record, cheats can be your friend.

Yeah, this is much better. I finished Rock Tunnel, as well as the route between Lavender and Saffron. I think its going to take 5 more updates, in the following order: 1. Celadon Gym and Lavender Tower, 2. Silph Co, Saffron Gym, and Fighting Dojo, 3. Bike Path and Fuchsia Gym, 4. Water Route (Pallet to Cinnabar), Pokemon Mansion, and Cinnabar Gym, 5. Viridian Gym, Victory Road, and Elite Four. I might have time for the first one later tonight, but I can't make any promises.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Finished my slow runthrough and managed to learn to learn a lot of things I could cut down on. Next runthrough will be cutting down on the things I think I could cut down on.

Years
  • Planning a team is incredibly important, what would you guys suggest for yellow?

You want sweepers, so I was thinking of something along the lines of:
    Charizard/Starmie/Alakazam/Scyther/HM Slave/HM Slave

Back