• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Protagonists

Prefer the guy, or the girl?

• Total voters

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
Years
  • Whoever had a problem with the girl's legs is absolutely right. Look at the size of her calves! If she is supposed to be 16 years old like we speculate, there is no way her legs should be that muscular.
    I've seen girls with those kinds of legs and they were 16 and +. And it could just be how Ken Sugimori draws.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    I dont like either 2 uch cuz they both dress like there either camping in alaska or going for a hike.

But i like the guys shoes.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Protagonists
    Protagonists

Revealed a few days ago, we finally got solid designs of the protagonists. And so, this is a thread dedicated to discussing your heart out about them!

Notes: Apparently they're older than the characters in previous games.

…The girl is so basic yet that comes across as a good thing to me.

That dude dresses like me and nearly every dude I know in Idaho and has a bunch of my friends' hairstyles. I know this girl with the same hair as the female trainer. 90% of teenage girls around here dress like the female trainer as well.

I dont like either 2 uch cuz they both dress like there either camping in alaska or going for a hike.

But i like the guys shoes.

They dress like they live in the north west parts of America. I would know, I live in Idaho and the majority dress like they do.

In previous Pokémon games I always pick the male as I am male myself but I gotta say both look great for this next gen and I think perhaps many male gamers wouldn't mind picking the female as the dessign is quite good :)

Only thing I would change is : The female's boots to something a little more feminine

She is wearing shorts dude, she isn't a girly girl like Dawn. She is a tomboy, so Spheal with it.

Last edited:

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    ok, the more i look at the male character, the more i think Game Freak is spying on me e.O
    i mean seriously, we dress the same- i have a blue sweatshirt like that that i wear every day
    i have a Back pack like that that i take to school every day
    i have those same shoes except black
    I WEAR PANTS!
    oh yeah, and the brown eyes
    i knew this would be my favorite region since they first released some info last month
    and the male character just makes it completely personal
    i really can't get over the fact that me and the main character of a pokemon game have the exact same fashion :)

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • mmmm....i like pie.

But seriously, The girl seems kinda eerie to me. >_> maybe it's her extremely long hair...or her evil grin. But the boy seems alright to me. I don't really care about the girl since i'm alwsys gonna be the guy...

Chocos0

Eclipse the Umbreon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    Finally, a game with older Protagonists! Those 10 - 12 year old Protagonists are annoying. (But the games are awesome!)

I'm gonna try something new, I'm gonna pick the girl as the Protagonist when it comes out. I've always used the boy.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • They're both really awesome, way better than both Lucas and Dawn IMO. With that said, it does look like they put more effort in when designing the female protagonist. She just looks a lot more... complete. Still, all in all I think they're both great.

Oh right, I also love the fact that they've made them older than the protagonists from past generations. :)

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • The guy looks epic. The girl is awesome too, but the hair is a bit extreme. I liek pie!!

Doogle3097

Hola.
    Years
  • Pie is my current obsession...well the word pie not the actual taste...so that poll made me very happy. :)

But back on the topic...I like their designs, I think imma be a girl for once.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    This is probably my favorite design for the Character Pairs.

Whoever had a problem with the girl's legs is absolutely right. Look at the size of her calves! If she is supposed to be 16 years old like we speculate, there is no way her legs should be that muscular.

Girls mature faster than boys, yo.

Plus I've seen plenty of 16 yr old girls with stronger legs. You need to observe the other gender more. =P

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Both are equally awesome!
    I just love the overallness.
    Heys, I dread complaining about new games x3

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I prefer the boy's design. I'll definitely be choosing it when I get the games. The girl's design isn't bad, I'm just not overly into it. I think the hair might be killing me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2011
    I think both protagonists are nice, the fact that they look more mature than a 10 year old is good.
    From the artwork i think the female hero looks better.

Back